Attention All Pro Teams-New Semi Model For Outdoors

Organize races and post results here
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Attention All Pro Teams-New Semi Model For Outdoors

Post by SMR 510RR »

Hey everyone, its that time of year again and we have been working hard to get new stuff ready for Nationals. I have basically remade the semi from the ground up to add some cool new stuff, make it easier to skin, and to make it better looking overall.

Submission Of Your Skins:
Skins must be submitted by 5/14/14 to get on the tracks
Naming = semi-yourteamname.png (provide us with a full size 4096x2048 png and we will resize for different resolution packs)
We reserve the right to not include any skin (take your time and make it look nice, if it looks like it took 10 min. then it probably wont get included. If we deem your truck to be obscene it will not get included. And most of all MAKE SURE TO TEST IT IN GAME!)
All skins will use the same normal map, if you want to make changes for your own tracks go ahead but for the RF tracks they will all be the same. Plan your skin accordingly. (simply to cut down on file size, the object pack is growing every day)

To submit, please PM Barrington with a download link. Important! Last year there were several people who submitted multiple skins because they made changes, please only submit one time. Again, take your time and make how you want it and then submit. If you become a PITA your skin may not end up on the tracks.

If there are any issues with the model and template that you notice please PM me ASAP. I have been working hard to try to leave you guys as much time as possible to skin them and I may have overlooked something. I will try my best to make sure that it works as it should and everything looks as good as possible.

DL:http://www.mediafire.com/download/psq2s ... i/semi.zip
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Re: Attention All Pro Teams-New Semi Model For Outdoors

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

good job looks sick! :)
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Thanks a lot! :D
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

What's what on the template? Kind of hard to see which is what area
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

PM: barrington314 on the forums
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Ddavis wrote:What's what on the template? Kind of hard to see which is what area
Its probably easier to ask about what you cant figure out.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Top left is obviously the cab, and the top right is the awning. That is the entire middle section? Is the middle right the roof? and middle left the top of the cab? And the bottom is the left side/right side. I can put this into game and test it right? just replace the semi.jm and put it in the folder?
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Devin, yes please put it in game and make sure you are happy with it.

For those that might need help...
Put the jm and skin in the track folder. Then in statues file add a line like this (substitute your skin name and track folder name).

Code: Select all

[1.000000 0.000000 1.000000] -10.000000 @trackfoldername/semi.jm @trackfoldername/nameofskin.png null
The part in the [Brackets] is the location. a [1 0 1] location is top left of map. Depending on your track, you might have a hard time getting to that spot. So just change it to something else like [200.000000 0.000000 200.000000]
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Ok, a couple issues.

1. One of the banners on the bottom of the awning is backwards I guess. I will revise the JM as soon as I can but just skin it normal, dont try to flip your logo to make it right.
2. Strangely the wheels/tires are showing some color at different angles in the seems between the polygons on the tire and between the wheel face and hoop. Everyone please put black or a dark dark grey (like the tire color) behind the entire tire wheel area at the bottom of the template. Make sure to cut out the holes in the wheels unless you want them black.

That it for now, hopefully nothing else pops up.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Updated template and JM:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4p19p6xbdkjkzn6

For those who already have the template. Please move the wheel face layer up above the tire layer, somehow they got out of order or copy your skinned stuff over to the new template, whatever is easier for you.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

To clear this up some, make sure the 6 holes in the rim are alpha'd out. The edge between the rim and the tire is what needs to have the black behind it.
Hunter, ill fix that on yours for you. :wink:
Craig

Post by Craig »

Any chance when could get the blend file to test it out that way and not have to go in-game every time we make a change
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Sorry, I am not giving out the source files.
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

I cant find out these doors lol
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Are anyone else's logos on the awning showing up backwards underneath it? or am i doing something wrong
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault