More editor suggestions

Post your suggestions here
MX181

Re: More editor suggestions

Post by MX181 »

jlv wrote:
MX181 wrote:talking shit
I'd probably just use "1 2 3 4|5 6|7 8", but that would be the easiest way to do it.
Yer same concept, would it be simple to implement in one of the next snapshots?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It wouldn't be too bad. I had the same idea a while ago but decided not to do it because I wasn't sure if it would have problems or not be enough. One interesting question would be how to do the timing well so you don't show a lot of false passes in the stats. You'd want each double-gate to be hit at around the same time if two riders were even. I guess you'd put in the minimum for each lane and then add gates for each lane that match the opposite lane's gate times.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just ignore those gates for the stats and just use them for cuts. It would just mean that you would be limited to not having 2 holeshots or 2 finish lines.
Hi
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No. Couldn't do that without changing the results format and all of the scripts that work on them.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

jlv wrote:No. Couldn't do that without changing the results format and all of the scripts that work on them.
So the sounds of the the split section timing gates doesn't sound very forgiving haha.

anyway i have one request that personally i would love. i have had this problem ever since you implemented the draw line with radius. don't get me wrong this is amazing but when your going free hand you get the tail following you. all i ask is to make my day and add a key to press that converts the radius back to a circle without the tail trailing behind. i beg you jlv, reintroduce the circle please haha.
SevenMX
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Bill Sport Motor

Post by SevenMX »

i like this!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:
MX181 wrote:I got a solution to split section jlv.

What if in the timing gates file we wrote it like this

First lap:
1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, 6 or 7, 8
Normal lap:
2, 3, 4 or 5, 6 or 7, 8

You probably can see what I did but.....

The ',' separates the order of the gates and the word 'or' simply suggests you can go through either gate. Would love to provide a stunning photograph of my concept but not on my computer currently, soz babe
I'd probably just use "1 2 3 4|5 6|7 8", but that would be the easiest way to do it.
Are we ever going to see this split lane system? I'd really love to see it. However since you might want to have split lanes with 2 or 3 (or more) timing gates in each lane to prevent, cutting across. Could you do something like

1, 2, (3, 4, 5, 6, 7,) | (8, 9, 10), 11, 12

So you have to do all the ones from the same parenthesis? I'm sure that this could prevent a lot of the situations where people cut in between 2 lines to go faster.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That wouldn't work with the current scoring system. Any split lane system will have to have the same number of gates in each lane to keep everyone's scripts working.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:That wouldn't work with the current scoring system. Any split lane system will have to have the same number of gates in each lane to keep everyone's scripts working.
Oh. But it's just be to put 3gates very close to each other then. But if it's the same amount on each side, would it work then?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I figure you'd want to space them so they'd produce equivalent times and not produce false "x passed y" events on the stats pages.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

That's true. Didn't even think of that.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

barrington314 wrote:Flaggers:
Make this more like placing billboards while in editor. And maybe even make it so that there is an "assign gates" box where you can enter what timing gates that flagger is assigned to.
Finish flagger also able to wave a yellow flag.

Statues:
Set heights of statues while in editor. More precise than the slider bar that can be used for billboards.
Ability to select and move more than 1 statue at once.
Show name of currently selected statue.

Decals:
Show the name of currently selected decal.

Timing Gates:
A solution for split sections. :lol:
Adding to my list.
-When statue is selected, move it with arrow keys.
-Short cuts like when editing gradient, hitting "3" would set it at a height of 3. (yes, I know granularity setting helps with this but if you are zoomed out too far it's still tough)
From another thread:
barrington314 wrote: -Rotating the terrain. For instance, to always be able to work from left to right, like the gradients are when you edit them. (would this even be a possibility?)
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

barrington314 wrote:-Short cuts like when editing gradient, hitting "3" would set it at a height of 3. (yes, I know granularity setting helps with this but if you are zoomed out too far it's still tough)
From another thread:
barrington314 wrote: -Rotating the terrain. For instance, to always be able to work from left to right, like the gradients are when you edit them. (would this even be a possibility?)
Please, jlv, please please
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Blastur
Team: The Boss One

Post by Blastur »

I like the idea of splitting or duplicating timing gates. you either have to go through one or the other. this would be very useful for joker lanes, monster cup tracks, and split starts where people could easily cut on other versions. Pls JLV!!
Blastur
Team: The Boss One

Post by Blastur »