2015 YZ250F

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
FlyinHigh

2015 YZ250F

Post by FlyinHigh »

So I tend to make a lot of things but never end up releasing them, but after thing has been sitting on my pc a week or 2 now i figured I'd release it. My friend and I were working on a new front fender and it was near finished but I'm not skilled enough to finish it at the moment so I'm going to try and have that released here soon. As far as this bike goes, yes I know it was already made, but when I saw how many flaws there were my OCD really kicked in hard and I spent about 2-3 days modding the template to make everything as close to the real life bike as possible (so many things you guys probably wont even notice :lol:) and making new graphics (also made a bunch of other custom parts that I will release in the future with the template). The full list of changes I made would probably be too long to post, but the basic things are new parts, new norms for existing and new parts, made a spec so that all parts give their proper reflection, new shading for some parts, and adjusted the color of almost everything on the template so it was more realistic. I've also included wheels to match the real life stock bike and are named as same as the bikes in game (2015-Stock). Enjoy :D (I was going to get a render made but I got lazy, sorry for the bad pictures)
LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?6s7jy65yf2797al

Thanks to ExtremeManiac for the model and P2sta for the wheels
kieranktm386
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 YZ250F

Post by kieranktm386 »

sick as man!!
Jayaym # 119
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Jayaym # 119 »

for some reason looks better than ryans
blaster70

Post by blaster70 »

YEEESSSSS!!!!! The frame, handlebars, and forks really stood out on ryan's bike .....but now they're fixed!! :D
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Thanks! and you guys are welcome :wink:
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Finally a 14-15 yamaha that looks quite good! Keep it up!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
SCOTTFMX14
Team: Night Riders Racing

Post by SCOTTFMX14 »

it's really good job man !
mxs4crf
Team: FCrew

Post by mxs4crf »

Nice man,just one thing,I don't know why but your pipe looks "flat" on the first picture,other than that it looks good.
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

Looks so sick. Thanks a ton. ALSO thanks so much for the wheels too because i was about to make some and then realized you had included them too.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Okay I'm hopefully going to be less egotistical on this post and try to help you out as it seems people feel a lot of people don't do that around here.
FlyinHigh wrote:I was going to get a render made but I got lazy, sorry for the bad pictures
I think this is a huge problem with a lot of you newer creators. If you want your work to be good you need to put the hard work into it. I guess what you think is justified as a long time of working on something is up to you, but just know it will be reflected in the work and you will get criticized on it. It takes a lot of time to learn as I have told many many people in my countless pm's and posts trying to help them (we don't do that on this forum though). Heck it takes time to make something, I'm modelling a 2014-15 crf250 right now want to know how long I spend on the plastics? Well probably about a week of solid working on the plastics, and I'm about 2-3 weeks into the model itself and I'm STILL adjusting the plastics all the time to make them better. Heck sometimes I learn something and then I go back a remodel a piece. Point being, if you are going to be lazy you will not have a nice time reading comments from people who know what they are looking at.

I'll use Atom for example, I was helping him with displacemaps and a seat last night. He had no idea it took so much work and he flat out told me he was lazy and didn't want to do it. I told him right then he is wrong hobby then and he shouldn't get into texturing if he wants anything to be good, he then said he would give a shot and we spent the next hour or 2 making a seat. You have to be motivated to make you best work possible.

Now to the bike:

I honestly can't tell what you have done here, I did notice your seat (pretty decent seat) isn't overlayed over bakes on the normal map, and the top of the plastic on the norm was just drawn on and not baked. That is a no no. The plastics still have really strong shading on them, I feel it should be less imo. You should try looking up photoshop tutorials on making real looking metal or something of that nature, that might help you with pipe looking less plain grey and such.

Here is the my opinion and this bugs me about every bike I have seen lately, it's the same bike DJ made way back 4 years ago just a different frame and new plastics. But somehow his name and everyone elses cred with that bike gets lost in translation because not only does the bike get used by extreme, now you use it. Now here is the problem with that, you believe extreme made the bike entirely (you didn't credit the og creator), everyone who downloads this now things you are too.
See where I'm going with this? It's not just credits though, it's still the same old bike from way back when, it's nothing new.

This is where I think source files are kind of stupid, they are cool for people to learn off of them and see how you did something but then they just get used over again and again and often you name eventually drops off the credit list. I believe if you are going to make a new bike model it should for the most part be from the ground up. I can understand bars, levers, little things but frame, swing arm, motor, etc.? Instead of having a credit list of 25 people long wouldn't you just want it to be just you?
hondaracer48
Crushed Dissenter

Post by hondaracer48 »

m121c wrote:Okay I'm hopefully going to be less egotistical on this post and try to help you out as it seems people feel a lot of people don't do that around here.
dude the bike looks good, quit righting a fucking book bitching about peoples work and give them so credit.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

hondaracer48 wrote:
m121c wrote:Okay I'm hopefully going to be less egotistical on this post and try to help you out as it seems people feel a lot of people don't do that around here.
dude the bike looks good, quit righting a fucking book bitching about peoples work and give them so credit.
First off, it's writing. Second, Mason is trying to help bachlet, nothing more. He may come across as an asshole, mainly because he is, but he's doing it with the best intentions so calm down and don't be so hostile.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

mxs4crf wrote:Nice man,just one thing,I don't know why but your pipe looks "flat" on the first picture,other than that it looks good.
Yeah I don't know why, in game it looks fine, it must just be a bad angle.
FlyinHigh wrote:I was going to get a render made but I got lazy, sorry for the bad pictures
I think this is a huge problem with a lot of you newer creators. If you want your work to be good you need to put the hard work into it. I guess what you think is justified as a long time of working on something is up to you, but just know it will be reflected in the work and you will get criticized on it. It takes a lot of time to learn as I have told many many people in my countless pm's and posts trying to help them (we don't do that on this forum though). Heck it takes time to make something, I'm modelling a 2014-15 crf250 right now want to know how long I spend on the plastics? Well probably about a week of solid working on the plastics, and I'm about 2-3 weeks into the model itself and I'm STILL adjusting the plastics all the time to make them better. Heck sometimes I learn something and then I go back a remodel a piece. Point being, if you are going to be lazy you will not have a nice time reading comments from people who know what they are looking at.

I'll use Atom for example, I was helping him with displacemaps and a seat last night. He had no idea it took so much work and he flat out told me he was lazy and didn't want to do it. I told him right then he is wrong hobby then and he shouldn't get into texturing if he wants anything to be good, he then said he would give a shot and we spent the next hour or 2 making a seat. You have to be motivated to make you best work possible.

Now to the bike:

I honestly can't tell what you have done here, I did notice your seat (pretty decent seat) isn't overlayed over bakes on the normal map, and the top of the plastic on the norm was just drawn on and not baked. That is a no no. The plastics still have really strong shading on them, I feel it should be less imo. You should try looking up photoshop tutorials on making real looking metal or something of that nature, that might help you with pipe looking less plain grey and such.

Here is the my opinion and this bugs me about every bike I have seen lately, it's the same bike DJ made way back 4 years ago just a different frame and new plastics. But somehow his name and everyone elses cred with that bike gets lost in translation because not only does the bike get used by extreme, now you use it. Now here is the problem with that, you believe extreme made the bike entirely (you didn't credit the og creator), everyone who downloads this now things you are too.
See where I'm going with this? It's not just credits though, it's still the same old bike from way back when, it's nothing new.

This is where I think source files are kind of stupid, they are cool for people to learn off of them and see how you did something but then they just get used over again and again and often you name eventually drops off the credit list. I believe if you are going to make a new bike model it should for the most part be from the ground up. I can understand bars, levers, little things but frame, swing arm, motor, etc.? Instead of having a credit list of 25 people long wouldn't you just want it to be just you?
OK first I would like to say I'm not necessarily a new creator, I've been making stuff for a long time, but I never got around to learning anything hefty like modeling and doing norms, shading, bakes and what not. Now while I really want to do this I've just been too lazy and really need somebody to help and teach me first. As far as this model goes, I didn't touch the already existing plastic shading and such (except around the sideplates) I just mainly fixed up some shading on a few parts, and everything on this model was from extreme's blend file he released so as of yet I haven't made any new parts. All i did here was take an existing bike and make it look halfway decent. As for the normal maps I made I just used a tool for photoshop, while this isn't the correct way, it at least looks decent enough and better than the previous stuff that was there. I know I could have spent much more time on this, but I really wanted to get something out there in the meantime before someone else did, then my plan was to go back to work on it and make it much better. As for credits, honestly I forgot and didn't really know how much of this model was already existing, however I did notice the engine was from DJ's old bike but that was about it for main things. As for your thoughts on the whole deal with the stuff that gets released today just being modifications of old stuff and nothing new, I share your same thoughts and agree on this 100%. Trust me if I were as skilled as you I would have already made a new yamaha from the ground up, no existing parts, being the die hard yamaha fan I am :lol: But thanks for your thoughts mason. Teach me plz?
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

InsaneFMX wrote:
hondaracer48 wrote:
First off, it's writing. Second, Mason is trying to help bachlet, nothing more. He may come across as an asshole, mainly because he is, but he's doing it with the best intentions so calm down and don't be so hostile.
And yeah what dom said
m121c

Post by m121c »

Dominic hit it dead on, I am an asshole but I'm just trying to help and I think Bachlet knows me well enough to know that. I give credit when I think credit is due, I give credit to Bachlet for showing he wants to learn. Now as much as me teaching.. that is very tough thing to do, there is tons of things to learn. I am more than willing to give helpful advice, criticism, etc. to anyone wanting to learn them. I know plenty of things for people to research into, websites to look at, tutorials, etc. that I have used in the past to help me learn. I get it though I had to learn to, it's no easy task, nor a fast one. It takes a lot of time, practice, patience, and sometimes tolerance from assholes like me. :lol:

But I'm more that happy to help someone willing to learn. Hopefully the guide Ramon and I are planning on creating will help new comers out a bit, it's kind of put off to the side atm though. I do plan on making a in depth gear guide to what I do when I make gear, I'm just waiting for the v4 model to come out for it.