How should the Classes be split up?

Option 1 - One Class
54%
Option 2 - Split Classes
46%

Total votes: 50

markm32
Team: Privateer

Re: DRS Nationals NEW CLASS POLL VOTE NOW!!!!

Post by markm32 »

The poll isnt working.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

This is a hard decision. I was gonna say 2 because then the people in the second class would be considered as the *n00bs* and no one would even consider watching those races. But that would make them work harder to try and get into the main event. I'm gonna take a risk and choose 1.

Edit: The poll ended, probably because it's still the old one and the choices were just changed but the end date stayed the same.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Ok guys, its fixed now I think, thanks!
DW434

Post by DW434 »

exactly why i want two classes cuase nobody watches the slow one so they cant see how embarassing my riding is
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

Ok, I love the idea of one class because to be honest i havent even cared about my demos lately since im racing against a max of 4 other ppl? Yes the class would be spread out but thats how it is in real life and after all this is mx SIMULATOR right? haha i think that with an elite pack those guys who have good and bad weeks may get an overall over everyone instead just winning their class. My main point is that one class= fun/challenge split = boring/repetitive

Also, to go back to iceman's great idea on page 1. Two motos would be awesome! Dont you hate watching your demos when you lose and wish you could get another chance? With two motos you would have that chance to redeem yourself! Just think of the intense battles in moto two with all the line changes and perfected lap times. Im pretty sure im not the only one that gets bored during the full week to wait for demos to be posted and with two motos a week you wait HALF AS MUCH! OMFG SICK! haha anyway ive said way too much i hope ppl actually read this.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The idea of 2 moto's in spliced racing is stupid. Its hard enough getting one demo, then you have to get another one! And some people will sneak in the same demo twice.

If you get 30 people racing, your not gonna be able to run one class. My computer would have trouble enough playing 30 riders, and thats on a track like Rabbit Hill.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

2 motos won't work...even if I do different number of laps...people will just change the laps in their demo and run same one twice...would be sick, but will have to be saved for online

and one class format will be 15 people to a main...next 15 to a consi....and if there are more i'll do another demo, but it won't count for any sort of points

One pro I thought of for one class to think about is...

It rewards guys who are there every week. For example, I raced 2 rounds of B class and ended up 6th in OA points...that's crazy I'm not even that fast. If this last series had all been one class, just think of the points, and races. the top 15-20 people would have been at every round!!!!
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I agree, the way the first choice is setup would be the best. Will show who is fastest from week to week, and show who is improving the most. Points would be interesting too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

DJ wrote:The idea of 2 moto's in spliced racing is stupid. Its hard enough getting one demo, then you have to get another one! And some people will sneak in the same demo twice.

If you get 30 people racing, your not gonna be able to run one class. My computer would have trouble enough playing 30 riders, and thats on a track like Rabbit Hill.
WMSA qualifying races had up to 35 people in them, and im pretty sure most people could watch that without too many problems.

Correct me if im wrong.

Then again, they were stock tracks. Im presuming the user made tracks would lag more.

EDIT: Im presuming people are racing for number rights? I feel that would be a good way to get people to keep showing up every week. Like for example, your number options for the next series depends on your final placing this series.
yomo

Post by yomo »

How about each week the top 20 entries go into the A demo
The next 20 go into the B demo
The next 20 go into the C demo

1st in A = 50 pts
2nd in A = 47 pts
3rd in A = 45
4th in A = 44

etc...

Then B class starts where A finished

everyone else gets 1 pt if more than 47 racers
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

How about this:

1-15 get points. 20-XXX don't.

1-15 go into 1st demo (points demo)
15-XXX go into 2nd demo.

15 people is definately low enough to watch, and I doubt the second moto will have more than 20 people in it anyway. The hard part is splitting them up.
markm32

Post by markm32 »

What happens to 16-19? I got you on that one. I like both ideas. How about we merge them together??
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

Well i'm thinking 15 should be good, 20 would be nice, but one reason I do the DRS is for guys with computers too slow to race online. I'm thinkin 15 riders make main...

1st - 30
2nd - 27
3rd - 25
4th - 23
5th - 22
6th - 20
7th - 19
8th - 18
9th - 17
10th - 16
11th - 14
12th - 13
13th - 12
14th - 11
15th - 10

consi race
16th - 5
17th - 3
18th - 1

something like that...I may adjust the points a little different so the top 5 in the consi race get points or something though
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sounds good to me, now I just need to practice more :). I haven't gotten faster than I was at the beginning of the year I think...
Guilherme10

Post by Guilherme10 »

Very poor with only one class, pro guys will always win, you have to give chance to noob also, as I xDD

must be class A and B :D