Beginner track 1 - MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Beginner track 1 - MX

Post by Wahlamt »

This is my latest track I've been working on for a few days, it's a small beginners track, kind of in addition to the stock track when you're learning the game. I realized that there isn't a whole lot of new track that are especially simple for beginners so I thought I'd make some. I do plan to make more, but when I got the time for it... I don't know about you, but I actually find it relaxing to pull down a few laps on this track every now and then.

I would appriciate some feedback :)

>>>Download<<<

Additional youtube video:

Credits:
Mecke96 - tileinfo (from Apex)
Checkerz - decals
Haggqvist - bales
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Re: Beginner track 1 - MX

Post by ROSE822 »

First beginner track i have seen ?!?!!? about time someone made one.
looks awesome bro
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

ROSE822 wrote:First beginner track i have seen ?!?!!? about time someone made one.
looks awesome bro
Thanks! :)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I know checkerz well enough to know that crediting him with decals is going to be wrong. Not that it is that big of a deal but you may want to pay attention when it comes to that because some people really care about their credit. BTW, I'm thinking it was DDMX who actually made those?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote:I know checkerz well enough to know that crediting him with decals is going to be wrong. Not that it is that big of a deal but you may want to pay attention when it comes to that because some people really care about their credit. BTW, I'm thinking it was DDMX who actually made those?
I don't know if checkerz made the decals or not, I saw them on Booneville '14 and asked Checkerz if I could use them and he said yes. I couldn't find any credits on the Booneville '14 topic so assumed checkerz made them. If ddmx made them, credit goes to him. I really want to give a proper credit list so good point is I was wrong.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I by no means want you to think that was me telling you angrily to "get it together". I was more so making a laugh at the thought of checkerz making anything more than the terrain, because he doesn't. :lol:

This is a pretty good idea, I've had the idea to make stock-track-esque but have awful follow through these days. I think you used too small of a map and you are to close to the edges of the map and it just looks ugly. Also need to work on the track path, all the holes and bumps that are in the berms because you didn't smooth out the corner before hand or painted it weird can make the bike unsettled and isn't a good thing for a "begginer track". If you look up San Pasqual, Sonora, or Springburg by Voutare I think you can get a pretty good idea of what a simple, short, and fun track is at its best.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Pumaxcs wrote:I by no means want you to think that was me telling you angrily to "get it together". I was more so making a laugh at the thought of checkerz making anything more than the terrain, because he doesn't. :lol:
I've actually made quite a few decals for my tracks as of late - but not these.

I'm more than a one trick pony, I promise.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote:I by no means want you to think that was me telling you angrily to "get it together". I was more so making a laugh at the thought of checkerz making anything more than the terrain, because he doesn't. :lol:

This is a pretty good idea, I've had the idea to make stock-track-esque but have awful follow through these days. I think you used too small of a map and you are to close to the edges of the map and it just looks ugly. Also need to work on the track path, all the holes and bumps that are in the berms because you didn't smooth out the corner before hand or painted it weird can make the bike unsettled and isn't a good thing for a "begginer track". If you look up San Pasqual, Sonora, or Springburg by Voutare I think you can get a pretty good idea of what a simple, short, and fun track is at its best.
Regarding the size, I realized that pretty soon but didn't bother to change it, going to kick up the size for the next one. Yeah, it's too bumpy, but it was still pretty smooth so it was at least ridable :p

About the terrain and ugliness, I was going to add some trees but didn't get the to work, I've explained the problem in the track editing section. I'm really open for some pointers :)
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Good idea! Maybe i'm gonna make a few too
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
KalleGarpedal347
Team: Privateer

Post by KalleGarpedal347 »

i think its really good, first beginner track i´ve seen... :D
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

KalleGarpedal347 wrote:i think its really good, first beginner track i´ve seen... :D
Glad to hear! I'm thinking of making some more whenever I got some time :p
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, Rabbit Hill.
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Evo997 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but, Rabbit Hill.
I think he meant for download, not one of the stock tracks :)
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

No I meant the layout of this one :lol:
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Evo997 wrote:No I meant the layout of this one :lol:
Oh xD Never thought of that, but when you mentioned it, it was little similar :lol: