Organize races and post results here

How should the Classes be split up?

Option 1 - One Class
54%
Option 2 - Split Classes
46%

Total votes: 50

yomo

Re: DRS Nationals NEW CLASS POLL VOTE NOW!!!!

Post by yomo »

From where I see it there will be a fair few riders each race so to only have 15 point scorers is stupid...

What I am saying is pretty much the same as the A, B, C classes but instead they are worked out on a round by round basis..

So the top 15 for that round go in the A class or main event
The next 15 go into B class
next 15 go into C ect...

See my point scoring for the way I think it should work but basically the winner of the B class is actaully 16th overall

Rather than slower people trying to "win" the C class how about they try to make the main event or something like that

This way we will have a much closer points battle as there will be 60 people in the same "point series" even though they are spilt in different classes
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

yomo wrote:yomos post above
I agree that points should be awarded to all patricipating riders. Really, if a team has 4 riders, and their 4th ends up in the first non-scoring position, it seems stupid to penalize him, even though he showed up. Everyone should be rewarded somehow for participating.

My one problem with this system is the end of the season awards. Obviously 1, 2, and 3 for the "A" class would be easy to figure out. But using Yomo's method, with 16th being the winner of B class, what if a guy was running 16th overall until the last round where he scored enough points to push him to 15th overall. He would suddenly go from 1st in the B class to 15th in the A class. I think, though the class change looks nice, this would be a harsh penalty for a guy that had a good ride the last round. I mean, he goes from #1B to #15! I think a practical solution to this problem would be to determine the minimum number of "B(for example)" class races the rider must participate in to obtain a "B" series overall place. This would solve the problem of the rider that leads B and moves up after the last round, or a rider that places 15th in A each round and drops back(or out) of the last round so he wins the B class championship.

I hope all this makes sense. I know it is kinda long.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Well with the one class structure like that, I won't call it B class, because it isn't a class at all. This will be the Pro 250 class championship. Mains will have 1-15th place....Consi's will have 16th - whatever place. I have no problem structuring the points so everyone gets points, but 1st place in the Consi will be 16th place overall. Slower guys need to just set motivational goals...like making the main (top 15) or maybe top 10's...or maybe top 20's for some is a realistic goal! 1 rider will come out the champion...and he will be the 250 class National champion...eventually 450's will come out, then we will have the 250 class and 450 class. Just practice guys! Sure the top guys will be at the top, but that just means the rest of us need to train hard, and eventually we will get better.