Better AI

Post your suggestions here
John23

Better AI

Post by John23 »

This is for those who can't afford a good PC and/or have a bad PC or laptop. I think it would be cool to make the AI as fast as you. If you "train" the AI, and you're too fast, they crash everywhere. I think it would be cool to update this so we can still "race" and not be in servers with lots of people and have like 10 FPS.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Re: Better AI

Post by GregDearman »

Have you tried time trial mode? It's basically you racing against your fastest lap. That may be of some use to you if your PC is struggling
John23

Post by John23 »

GregDearman wrote:Have you tried time trial mode? It's basically you racing against your fastest lap. That may be of some use to you if your PC is struggling
...........you know that moment when you feel so frigin stupid................

JLV, put this in the memory hole.......
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Post by JJH186 »

John23 wrote:
GregDearman wrote:Have you tried time trial mode? It's basically you racing against your fastest lap. That may be of some use to you if your PC is struggling
...........you know that moment when you feel so frigin stupid................

JLV, put this in the memory hole.......
No, i think better ai would be great! Sometimes i want to play with ai but they just suck, playing trail mode is boring as hell because its just 2 riders, i want like 3 or 4 or even more to race against.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

The AI suck because no one takes time with them anymore since online came out. Play Springburg, probably one of the last fun tracks that had AI trained.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
John23

Post by John23 »

I think the AI has started to suck because the track makers learned how to make rough tracks, and the AI can't take it. Just my opinion
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote:The AI suck because no one takes time with them anymore since online came out. Play Springburg, probably one of the last fun tracks that had AI trained.
I was going to do that on Sandtark, however I had 30 minutes (not to deadline, but other things) to finish it up, but I missed the --practice so I didn't get any lines to practice...
John23 wrote:I think the AI has started to suck because the track makers learned how to make rough tracks, and the AI can't take it. Just my opinion
Rough tracks makes it harder for sure.
erle_vaughan
Team: Privateer

Post by erle_vaughan »

I think it would be cool to use online races to train the AI, it would work great for SX and MX as during the seasons as there are tonnes of races going on online.

Top say 25% results to train the Expert AI next 50% to train the Intermediate and last 25% rookie trainers.

So something like the server saving a lines_expert file and making it downloadable after X amount of races to meet a satisfactory training result.

I travel a lot and like to play when i get a gap and most of the time my network connection is too slow for online, any kind of AI improvement would be tops.
Last time i connected online to play from the offshore installation i work on my ping was over 1000ms.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

The only problem is when you crash, you will "train" the AI to crash, which isn't good. However besides crashes it could be a cool idea.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Wahlamt wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:The AI suck because no one takes time with them anymore since online came out. Play Springburg, probably one of the last fun tracks that had AI trained.
I was going to do that on Sandtark, however I had 30 minutes (not to deadline, but other things) to finish it up, but I missed the --practice so I didn't get any lines to practice...
The AI have just gotten phased out, them not getting the time of day anymore isn't necessarily anyone's fault. Just time that you put in that hardly anyone will notice.

The AI also won't learn the lines you crash on. If the game notices a problem between gates say 16 to 17, then it will not record your line after gate 15 so it tries to also removed your setup lines that possibly created the crash. However, you'll have to keep that in mind when training because an AI following that line will suddenly have to pick another as there isn't a smooth transition so its important to have multiple lines around the same part of the track so they can avoid jumping into other lines abruptly.

The rule used to be, do a 2 lap race from each gate and don't crash. This would give your AI plenty of first lap, and race lap options and teach them for the first turn. Problem I had with the first turn is I always wanted the holeshot so whether I started from gate 1 or 40 I always dove to the inside which was always wrong. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.