MotoOption TC Entry - Primal MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Primal MX

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Primal MX
Track Picture:
Track Description:
Its a dirt track with jumps, bumps, turns, and other shit. The track was designed for 450cc bikes, I had to tame it down for 250's, but dont be suprised
if you struggle on the little bikes. As with all my tracks I tried to get a "deep sand" feel. Thats what I like, so yeah, have fun!

The track runs at over 60 fps on full settings with 512x512 texture res on my gaming rig, so people shouldnt have problems with it if they adjust their
settings appropriately.

HOLD HER WIDE OPEN! BRaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaP!

Thanks to Dane Johnson, Hans Haggqvist, and p2sta for the objects. (I think that covers all of them)
If I missed anyone thats my bad. I think some of the textures are Hagg's as well, thanks and props to him.

Check out the free ride hits flowing counterclockwise relative to the track from the editor view. Some good whipper jumps.

Take It Easy Fellas,

Track Map:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z4br4 ... imalmx.rar

Phathry25 wrote:Score - Category
14 - Fun Factor (0-15)
DJD has a great formula for fun tracks and he sticks to it. I can't give it a perfect score because I refuse to admit I actually love this traction. Nate, Puma and I spent a few hours one night just playing this track by ourselves and never got bored. And when we finally thought maybe we were getting bored we just went and hit the jumps in the grass.

7 - Environment (0-10)
I love the pallet that was used, I have always been a fan of the de-saturated textures look. All the colors go together well, and the surrounding mountains are a fantastic touch. I don't understand at all why there is a Spazztic balloon just chilling inside the track when there isn't a single soul in sight besides the two bros going for a balloon ride together. Image The track textures could have really used some variation, and the normal map was too strong for my tastes.

5 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Nothing really creative here. I guess that's the downside to sticking to your guns. It's mildly realistic and would score higher there if it were't for the molasses traction.

Comments to the creator:
Did I mention that I love the de-saturated look?

I almost feel bad docking this track so badly for not being creative, but it really wasn't. A sandy desert themed track set at sunset is really nothing out of the ordinary from DJD, it is what it is. You're saving grace is that you're tracks are so damn fun. It really doesn't matter that it's not creative at all when you can spend hours on end just burning laps. If you would have come up with a creative setting for the track that would have put you in the running for the W.

26 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Really one sides starts, biggest downside I have to this track. The rest of it is exactly what a fun track should be. The berms and traction hold you so nicely and the track just flows from left to right so well that even with 2:00 laps it feels like you are going much quicker. Some of the track options were confusing as when I tried them clearly the other line was the better choice or like the one turn before the double I had to cut back just so i wouldn't go off track. These things really made the track seem like even though there were options for you to take it was a really one lined track. I'm with Mark on this one though, the track itself is one of the most fun things I have ever ridden on a 125 and some laps I can hit everything just right then come around next lap and hit it the same way and a breaking bump may throw me funny or the traction will just give out on me. I'm willing to take most of that blame but for that reason I can't give you full points. On that note though, the off track, so much fun and even though there aren't many options its the funnest thing ever to just start a train and turn around and do it all over again.

6 - Environment (0-10)
I made an even playing field and made my first impressions with JLV's High detail setting in game. That way I could judge FPS, loadtimes and such all equally. Your tracks environment is nothing new and if anything gave you away for the mystery who made the track. The shaders are way to much and if they had been dialed back just slightly I would have liked them alot more, I can see them being good for screens as having that extra depth is nice but for riding it was way to much. I did ride your track without shaders and enjoyed it much more. Not many choices in textures, heres a gras texutre and heres a dirt texture. Would have liked to see some variance for on track as the offtrack had a nice texture to being with and all the foilage really helped hide it which is why i think the on track in comparison stands out so badly.

7 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Typical DJD track. I feel like compared to others this track had a lot of creativity which helped the fun factor but for you it really wasn't anything new. I don't believe I have seen a smaller scale track from you and there weren't very many big jumps and you really tried to keep the scale small which was something new for you and for that I can't dock anything. Nothing really felt out of place, nothing felt new but it all felt right.

Comments to the creator:
I really like that your main goal for tracks are to be fun and then figure out the rest later. That mind set really does make your tracks some of the funnest and most replayable tracks out there which I feel this one will be no different but I do wish you would start to look into something visually.I see effort with the normals and track objects but it feels like you are doing it straight from a template or tutorial and not really doing anything new to it to help fit the track that you are making.

26 - Total points
checkerz wrote:Score - Category
10 - Fun Factor (0-15)
This track is fast and pretty flowy with a great opportunity to rhythm through some bumps and rail some berms and ruts to make you feel like a hero. I felt like the track was missing some variation in speed (slower tighter sections and really fast open sections) along with some more jumps to really get sideways off of (keep in mind I was mainly on a 250f or 250 2 stroke so I was stretching with the deep traction and my lack of skills). Bonus points definitely gained some fun off track free riding.

6 - Environment (0-10)
The environment feels like a handful of tracks I've played before, while well executed in many cases especially in the off track, it's a bit over used. The rocks and how the trees sit beside them were a nice touch. The decals however, with shaders on looked like big foot stomped on the track everywhere and no bikes had ever touched it. The Spazztic balloon also seemed there just randomly and out of place.

While not overly realistic in scale, I won't dock points for that... as always, I'd rather see 1:fun vs. 1:1. The track scale was consistent and the environment is believable. The monster truck sized haybales hurt the points a bit as did the lack of a real "wow factor" section on the track terrain. There is nothing new or innovative here, which hurts this score.

Comments to the creator:
While this is a good track, against competition this stiff it really needed to be an exceptional track to stand out in the crowd. This will be a fun track to ride and race for a long time as it provides a nice relaxing experience with the big bowled turns and ruts and forgiving traction.

21 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Ridden on a small bike you can pin it everywhere while feeling on the edge in some of the turns, makes me feel like I'm fast. The displacement seemed too flat to me, with all the hills surrounding the track I would have liked some more elevation for on-track.

6 - Environment (0-10)
Absolutely hate the shaders on this track, one on track texture with a repeated normal map makes it very hard to concentrate when riding. The freeride hits off track are fun. Off track elevation object looks good and the lighting is cool. I thought the Monster overhead structures were out of place though. Also didn't enjoy the huge cinder blocks on the side of the track.

Not the most creative theme or displacement, but there's nothing on the displacement that jumps out as unrealistic when riding it.

Comments to the creator:
A fun track that could use more elevation and better decals/shaders. Definitely fun on a small bike to feel like a hero pinning it everywhere.

23 - Total points
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Primal MX

Post by Cody Darr »

I love this style of track. Cant wait to race it and throw some dualies lol!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

This track is a blast to ride! The traction is weird to get used to, but fun once you're used to it. I liked the layout and the visuals. The track visual's get kind of old after a while, but the only reason I say that is because I couldn't find much that I didn't like on this track. Fun ride for sure!
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
Railin' N Trailin'
Team: Nigerian Corndog

Post by Railin' N Trailin' »

Anyone have a DL to the track "Withlacoochie MX"? some of the decals on this track are from there
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
Timo Van Dyk wrote:You dont need to thanks me thanks the internet!
jlv wrote:I shit you not!
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Railin' N Trailin' wrote:Anyone have a DL to the track "Withlacoochie MX"? some of the decals on this track are from there
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22591

Next time search through here, http://www.tmfactory-racing.com/protracks.html

Majority of the tracks are in there :D
Railin' N Trailin'
Team: Nigerian Corndog

Post by Railin' N Trailin' »

Thanks man. Didn't know it had an apostrophe in the middle of the name
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
Timo Van Dyk wrote:You dont need to thanks me thanks the internet!
jlv wrote:I shit you not!