MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yes I know, there are bikes that are sold at 18 now (KHE) I meant it isn't heavy for me.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

no way a complete will never be 18 pounds, well its cause your used to it, i weighed my bike on my friends fish scale it said 22 or 23 i couldnt remember
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't know anything, but then you go and say there will never be a complete that weighs 18? http://www.khebikes.com/cms/index.php?o ... &Itemid=75 sorry, I was off by half a pound, still in the 18 pound range though... You shouldn't just go around telling people they don't know anything about bmx because they have a 27 pound bike. I used to think light bikes would be awesome, until I rode one. A friend of mine had a 22 or 23 pound bike, I rode it and it felt like crap. It seemed sketchy and if I pulled up on the bars to manual over a bump or something, I would flip. Of course I wasn't used to the bike, but it was a little sketchy for me.

No, I'm not a noob for having a 27 pound bike, it's personal preference. I don't want to be a trend whore just so people like you won't call me a noob. Yes I know a lot about the parts of bmx and their strengths and weights, I've carried every issue of danscomp catalog around with me looking at it every day for a year, I've visited a bmx-forum over a year and have over 1200 useful posts, obsessiveness? Maybe, but I do know a lot about parts now.

Think before you post, some people on here are beyond belief.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

chill out i never called you a "noob"(i hate that word its stupid as fuck :evil: ) and my bike isnt sketchy because i know how to literally build a whole bike (even lace the wheels :D) and do it right so all my stuff is on there the right way, i ride without brakes cause there too expensive not cause im a weight whore or trend person i hate trends, i slam my seat so it stays out of the way and doesnt make the bike all top heavy and feel all weird, again if your ridin a 27 Lbs bike and ride a 23 of course its gonna feel weird your just not used to it every persons bike has there own specific feel my friends LTF feels shorter then my hawk frame but there both 20.75, i was quick to jump the gun saying you guys dont know anything about bikes but its just when you ride a complete eastern or haro it makes the rider seem like they dont know what is good or what isnt cause complete parts are usually crap the welds on them suck usually if its a good bike only the frame is good but if you buy a higher quality complete thats different and i know good parts are expensive and i buy a bunch of cheap parts for my bike and i have the lightest bike out of all of my 4 friends that ride, how do i do it? i dont even know. i think its jesus haha
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't have all the best parts because I don't need them right now. I don't ride as much as I used to, nor am I that good so having the top-of-the-line newest stuff isn't a big deal to me. Not all complete bikes suck, it really matters how you ride them too. My friend had an Eastern Lowdown I think. His brakes screwed up a lot, he then gave the frame to our other friend. He is a hard rider, the downtube cracked at the headtube joint (not the weld). That's because it was a full hi-tensile frame.

My other bike, the Haro Backtrail X1 from 04 is all hi-tensile besides the seat tube. I don't ride nearly as good or go as big as the kid that cracked the frame, but I'm not light on the parts either. Riding that bike for about 3 years straight on street (jumping stairs, casing stuff trying to hop on/over it, general riding) and dirt has only ovalized the back hub a little, and the front rim is bent a little more than the rear because I hit a big hidden rock riding through grass :lol: . Seat is also torn a little but can't do much about that. Also, one of the rear dropouts is getting cut into from the hub, we had to place a spacer in there to protect the dropout from one of the stationary pieces of the hub. (this makes tightening the chain suck!)

So it depends on how good the quality of the complete is, but also how you ride it. I know how to build bikes too (haven't done integrated headsets though, haven't had to do that yet on my new bike). I meant it felt sketchy because of how light it was, not like the bike was unbalanced or anything, going at high speeds and doing big jumps don't feel confident on something that weighs that light.

Can't judge people's knowledge by what they ride.

Your friends LTF probably feels shorter because the angles are different (ST, CS, ST, HT ect.) That plays a big part in how the frame feels and reacts to things. Also the stem length and bar position/bends make it feel different too.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

yea i know all that but like when i was sitting and look down at it it looked shorter aswell haha maybe cause he bent his forks in, integrated headsets are sooooo easy i hate standard headsets with integrated its a bearing like one for a skateboard wheel only bigger all you do it just place it in the headset and place the cap on. bam your dont and with those you tighten it alot more then standard headsets you just tighten it until there isnt anymore play with the forks and frame, its alot nicer same with smaller BB like spanish and euro and all that its just a bearing you put in rather then stupid 1 peice cranks, and i dont really have any high quality parts i can name whats on them and later today when i go outside ill take a picture and post it

bars:eastern nitrous (8" rise with like 28 width) black
stem:primo hi def black
headset:kink blue
forks:eastern atoms black
Front wheel:painted black cheesy rim whatever spokes and a demolition bulimia hub :D all black and chrome nipples 36H
Frame: fit chase hawk v2 in matte black
Seat:fit eddie cleavland chase dehart (eccd) black vynl
Seat post: just a cheesy one and its a clamp seat not pivatol Black
Pedals: some sinz racing pro platform pedals black
Grips: fly fino black with the flanges cut off
Cranks:eastern stealth painted matte black
BB:S&M black cone washers
Front tire: odyssey aitken black
Rear tire: odyssey chase gouin ( dirt front street back) black
rear wheel: DM24 rim(black) chrome spokes (eww haha) and a joytech hub 13T Black 36H
Sprocket:tree lite 36T black
Chain:KMC blue chain 8) full link not half

when i get just about everything black im gonna either buy a new stem in cyan or just leave my black and paint my wheels cyan
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

RaNDoM HeRO wrote:i weighed my bike on my friends fish scale it said 22 or 23 i couldnt remember
WTF does your friend have a fish scale for?!!?

Kids, crack is wack.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

It's one of the only accurate things to weigh bikes since they hang freely.
Last edited by yzmxer608 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

im about to go to the blazed and confused tour concert with snoop dogg, damien marley, slightly stupid and mickey avalon at red rocks. its gonna be sweet lol!
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Snoop dogg hmmmmmm........
:lol:
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Yeah random, there are some good completes out there. I know the parts that come stock aren't the best, and I know the welds aren't as strong... I don't need people to tell me that. I understand that by buying a complete that is only about $350 I'm not gonna be getting all the best cranks/bars/forks/etc. But like I said, that's what I can afford so that's what I'll get for now.

And just like yzmxer said, weight isn't all that important. Actually, for trails (which is what I'll mainly do), a heavier bike to me seems more sturdy. And by heavier, I mean about 26-28, which isn't all that heavy. I know there are bikes in the low 20s and even below that, but i don't need them. I'll get what I think will suit me best for what I'll use it for.

PS: I know you said you hate the trends that classify all people that either

A) use gyros
B)use brakes
C)have a "heavy bike"

as noobs or whatever, ME TOO! I think it's so dumb not using brakes.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I guess I'm a noob because I have all 3 of those, n00bs unite!!!
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

Garasaki wrote:
RaNDoM HeRO wrote:i weighed my bike on my friends fish scale it said 22 or 23 i couldnt remember

Kids, crack is wack.
why is that somthing so weird? its a thing to measure how much your fish weigh or anything else that needs to hang freely...

unless your crazy and thought it was a scale like what reptiles have
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

yzmxer608 wrote:I guess I'm a noob because I have all 3 of those, n00bs unite!!!
Hehe me too. I use brakes because no brakes = death. And because I use brakes, I use a gyro because straight cables = no footjam whips or barspins. And since I use a gyro and I buy completes, my bike is automatically SUPER HEAVY! Hooray!
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

RaNDoM HeRO wrote:
Garasaki wrote:

Kids, crack is wack.
why is that somthing so weird? its a thing to measure how much your fish weigh or anything else that needs to hang freely...

unless your crazy and thought it was a scale like what reptiles have

He thought it was for crack. Which you wouldn't weigh on a fishscale, because if you had to, then your going to get busted, or a extemely high up dealer. If anything, you'd use one of those 25 gram scales. You know how much money that would be worth, if you were to weigh crack on a fish scale? That'd be ridiculous.