Connect to Server via Server Webpage Links

Post your questions here
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Connect to Server via Server Webpage Links

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Hey guys. At some point in the past, I was able to select "Connect to this server" on the actual MXS server page, which would open the game and put me in that server race. I am no longer able to do so and would appreciate any help getting this corrected. I have added an application exception in the firewall, but that didn't seem to matter. One possibility is setting MSX as the default program to run after clicking the "connect to" link, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know exactly what protocol/program type to associate with the default program. I've tried searching for this on multiple occasions but have never been able to figure it out. Again, any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Connect to Server via Server Webpage Links

Post by jlv »

It needs the url protocol key for mxsimulator links set in your registry. Run the installer again to recreate it. Either the full or update installer will do it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Big Smooth one3

JLV - where should I get the update install? I feel like I have missed something in updating to new snapshots, since this issue arose after doing so. Thanks for the help.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's on the downloads page. If it happened after you installed a snapshot, you might have the wrong name for the exe. If you have file extensions hidden, which is the default, instead of "mx.exe" it should be just "mx".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Big Smooth one3

Worked like a charm, all fixed. Thanks JLV
chrischanning202

Post by chrischanning202 »

I have the same problem, but I can't run the update installer for some reason, I can't click next on the page where you choose the file route.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You have to select your install folder. The install folder is the one with the zzzz.saf file in it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
thareal13
Team: Privateer

Post by thareal13 »

jlv wrote:It needs the url protocol key for mxsimulator links set in your registry. Run the installer again to recreate it. Either the full or update installer will do it.
Mine is doing the same thing. Do i have to have mx sim open when I click connect to server or should it do it automatically? Nothing happens when I click connect to server.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You should exit the game before you click a server link. If nothing happens when you click a server link you need to re-run the installer as described in the post you quoted.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com