Edited p2sta Wheel Pack

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Edited p2sta Wheel Pack

Post by yzmxer608 »

Here's a large pack of p2sta's wheels which I've made some changes to.
  • Edited LOD's to have less geometry, they are much more aggressive than before
  • Less reflections on hubs and rim surfaces
  • Resized front rotor to fit in most rotor guards
  • Reduced dirt on tire texture
  • All spec maps are 512x512
If you like numbers here's a breakdown of the LOD geometry.
Compared to DJ's wheels:

The pack includes 111 color combos, covers a bit of everything but doesn't include every possible combo of the colors used.

NOTE DUE TO THE AGGRESSIVE FIRST LOD (NO KNOBBIES AT ALL) IF YOU USE A LOWER MODEL GEOMETRIC DETAIL (<50) IT WILL LOOK LIKE YOU ARE RUNNING SLICKS IN 3RD PERSON CAMERA! I removed all knobbies from the first LOD in an effort to reduce as much geometry for your game as possible. I don't use weird 3rd person so it doesn't affect me anyway :P. If raising the model geometric detail to a value that this doesn't occur to your own bike isn't an option, you can change the LOD number in the saf using notepad to 5 (it is currently set to 4; 6 and 7 are the others used)

i.e. rear_wheel-p2staEdit_lod4.jm becomes rear_wheel-p2staEdit_lod5.jm
jlv wrote: tree.jm < 2 feet
tree_lod1.jm 2-4 feet
tree_lod2.jm 4-8 feet
tree_lod3.jm 8-16 feet
tree_lod4.jm 16-32 feet
tree_lod5.jm 32-64 feet
tree_lod6.jm 64-128 feet
tree_lod7.jm 128-256 feet
tree_lod8.jm 256-512 feet
tree_lod9.jm > 512 feet

If an lod is missing it will use the next higher lod.
Obviously I didn't test every skin, but I'm pretty confident they all work. If there are any problems let me know.
Download
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Re: Edited p2sta Wheel Pack

Post by yzmxer608 »

Forgot to say how awesome the delete edge loop tool is in blender, made editing the lods pretty easy. Doesn't leave holes in the mesh and keeps the uv mapping intact for the remaining faces.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

I think the hub and rim do look a fair bit better like that, the orange looks mint too. Good job dude :D
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Adding a normal to the slicks to fake nobbies could have helped that issue.
Hi
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I added a sort of dirt normal to them, but the problem is that area of the UV is so small it gets distorted easily. I tried baking the knobbies right now and there was a few issues. The first is unless you max out the model texture detail they're so blurred it doesn't add any effect of faking the knobbies, the other is since that part of both tires uses the same UV space one of the tires will have half baked knobbies between the actual knobbies. If people really don't like it I can edit the first lod to only get ride of some of the knobbies instead of all of them.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

It'd be sick if you could make it not happen in third person, but I'll just run a higher detail. (I play in first anyways) I'm downloading for the color combos mostly, but the lod's are perfect for people without a high end computer.

Thank you Nate guy
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'll be making them my new default wheel in the replacement pack, thanks Nate guy.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
John23

Post by John23 »

I changed the LOD4 to LOD5 because I have me Mod.Geo.Detail at 2, (yeah i know. my laptop sucks) and it didn't do anything. I even changed them all to 5 as well.

How can I fix this?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Did you want to slap in an extra lod. Keep that one but set the lod distance higher then throw in a few knobbies for the current 2nd lod. I noticed in your mxs twitter how it looked like slicks.
Hi
John23

Post by John23 »

Yeah, if that will help, I would love for an updated pack! I keep a low Mod. Geo. Detail and can't see the wheels. Please fix this?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok, I'll try to add another intermitent lod tonight.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok try this one out, should just be able to replace the saf.

https://www.mediafire.com/?q2jnndn5cx2852w
John23

Post by John23 »

If we change the Lod # because our Mod. Geo. Detail is too low, which one do we change? All of them?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Have you tried the link above to see if that works better? You would only need to change the first one.
John23

Post by John23 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Have you tried the link above to see if that works better? You would only need to change the first one.
Yes. I downloaded the link above, and changed the "4.5" to "4" and it didn't work. Is it because my Detail is too low(2)