2015 MotoSport rF National Round 4: Muddy Creek

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: 2015 MotoSport rF National Round 4: Muddy Creek

Post by yzmxer608 »

Missed preview... I can hit my head on that one if I lean in pretty good.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

That's the one that shoved it inside my mouth and fucked me up
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Looks like it's pretty far inside the stakes to me. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

I understand that, but what pisses me off is that I didn't feel like I was that close to it. It's just a pain especially when I'm trying to fucking race tonight. I don't think the 2:00 would've had me in, but I would've had decent gate pick for the consi at least
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

One thing i miss about barringtons tracks/anyone who pays attention to detail at all, if youre going to put spongebobs and bales, dont make them possible to hit when youre on a rut, even last week we had stakes on the track.

Put the stakes on the edge of the track, and the bales/spongebobs outside the stakes, but also far enough away so you cannot clip your head on it in the main line. ill get shit from people for saying it but its just ridiculous.

i just hate having ruts left over from the old track.

Ruts that aren't really on the track due to stakes and decals but are actually inside the timing gates,

and of course, spongebobs you can hit while inside a rut.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

AWood wrote: Image
THAT SPONGEBOB RUINED MY LAP!!! Now I don't want to race
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

AWood wrote: Image
This is exactly what happened to me except, on my screen, I didn't touch it
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I used to dislike Chad Reed because of his annoying fan boys. Now in a similar situation I find myself wanting to dislike Barrington because of AWoods personality on the forums. Funny because I like Barrington and even AWood when he isn't forum posting!

One of those ruts is my fault. I rebuilt it in my 20 minute update with graphics down to where no stakes show up since I get errors with them where I normally would have them. Last week they were updated after the displacement but I'm not aware of the issues you mention. Again no stakes turned on for me.

And don't let me forget to remind you and kellen in a pudding match about Glen helen spongebobs.

Everyone rides the same track. Could it be better? Yea.

Besides the Barrington comment your post was actually quality feedback
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

checkerz wrote: One of those ruts is my fault. I rebuilt it in my 20 minute update with graphics down to where no stakes show up since I get errors with them where I normally would have them.
i could have included your name too, or haggvist, or any other quality content creator. i just dont like how every time you mention time limited updates like its an excuse (15min sx track update) for example. and this one. i wouldnt work on a track of this caliber with graphics too low or without double checking ingame with objects, the stakes can be seen past, the spongebob cannot, and imo there is no excuse for that. the leftover rut is just pet peeve but makes the track look pieced together.
checkerz wrote: And don't let me forget to remind you and kellen in a pudding match about Glen helen spongebobs.
i dont get it.
checkerz wrote: Besides the Barrington comment your post was actually quality feedback
i try. i just meant that anyone who makes tracks should be double checking the work and testing it with everything visible. I know when i helped with last years tracks placing stakes, cameras, spongebobs, bales, and camera towers, i double checked everything and made sure you couldnt hit any bales or spongebobs from on track, that the stakes are straight, and in the right spot. and more.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

What you don't understand is the track wasn't given to anyone until an hour before the release. At that time I felt it was worth using and had some good stuff but needed some things fixed. I had 20 minutes to do them to make a better track. While one rut I tweaked ended up on the stakes, the changes overall were still an improvement.

I had no intentions of working on nationals but felt the community would be happy with an update. Came to find out Korey was on it already and I think most would agree a fresh track is better than same old. And while not perfect I think he did a fine job. So thank you Korey for doing this.

As far as the 15 min fix, I was trying to make a point and show examples that it isn't hard nor time consuming and that the theories work. Obviously need a good base for that to be possible and I think it helped because the issues I was having were fixed for Vegas.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

What happens if/when we get online erode and the tracks start out flat but develop ruts and people ride the edges of the track and ruts start to become too close to spongebobs or hay bales? Im making a point here, we'll see who gets it and who doesn't.
The only thing that bothers me is when theres a bale or spongeybob on the inside of the yellow stakes. Like when you are riding the edge with the yellow stakes and all the sudden you are cartwheeling because you hit a hay bale.

Anyways, if you want some flaggers drop this in your personal folder. http://www.mediafire.com/download/bqzj9 ... ycreek.rar
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

Love it!
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

barrington314 wrote:What happens if/when we get online erode and the tracks start out flat but develop ruts and people ride the edges of the track and ruts start to become too close to spongebobs or hay bales?
You make a really good point here. But, at that point, we have the option to move away and form new lines. Without it, we have to use the ruts that are on the track right now or just ride on a flat track. I had no problems with this track whatsoever until I realized that if you're really trying to push and lean over too far, that spongebob will fuck your mouth. I appreciate all the work that Korey, Checkerz, and everyone else have put in, but that one spongebob on my one great lap... Just hurts... really bad
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I think it is really stupid to complain about the spongebob being too close to the rut. In real life you have to deal with rocks, big piles of dirt, haybales and trees for example. Either you choose to take another rut and be fine, or you just have to grab a little more skill and go a tad slower. Personally unless there some really stupid placement, like you actually have to go out of the rut since there's a haybale in the rut, it's fun with a challenge, making it more realistic. And having to run over the markers? How often don't you do that in real life?
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

barrington314 wrote:What happens if/when we get online erode and the tracks start out flat but develop ruts and people ride the edges of the track and ruts start to become too close to spongebobs or hay bales? Im making a point here, we'll see who gets it and who doesn't.
The only thing that bothers me is when theres a bale or spongeybob on the inside of the yellow stakes. Like when you are riding the edge with the yellow stakes and all the sudden you are cartwheeling because you hit a hay bale.

Anyways, if you want some flaggers drop this in your personal folder. http://www.mediafire.com/download/bqzj9 ... ycreek.rar
Kind of related but not really...

Will online erode ever really be a possibility with a 40 man gate? Sure it would be kickass but that seems like it is a very long ways off yet.

Has it ever been kicked around to have a moto 1 track and a moto 2 track each week? Maybe even a practice version for all of the whiners that complain every track is too rough. They wouldn't need to be radically different but it would be kind of fun to have the track change up a bit.