2015 Motosport rF National Round 7: Redbud

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Re: 2015 Motosport rF National Round 7: Redbud

Post by slowngreen »

Im LOVING this version of Redbud. Sure it could be more rutted but then it wouldnt be fun, to me atleast, this version is good for amateurs and pro's I think (guessing on the pros behalf). Only part I have trouble with is the bumps after the berms leading up to the leap, but I still make it most of the time...Huge thanks for the work as always.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

This is the best track this year! Flows just like an actual track and it's a blast rip around on. Perfect amount of bumps and ruts.

Fantastic work!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz wrote:
bishop121 wrote:
Chase Desselle wrote:imo the ruts suck there just blown out berms REEEDDDBUUUUDDD is suppose to be the most rutted track of the year but this is not. theres really no ruts that you can hop in and bank off of. this is just my opinion everyone has there own. please dont take me wrong i am very glade we get tracks every week soo thanks to everyone that helps
Are you Chase or why did you post this for him?

I sorta agree, was limited a bit by terrain.hf and surely wasn't starting over. I don't think the ruts suck though.

Hard to complain too much about a FUN track that is good FOR RACING that is accurate enough to feel like the real deal.

But yea...could definitely be even better
Im just curious, does that mean you made the changes to the ruts and stuff and then scaled it up?
Im in favor of everything you did minus scaling it up. But I think you already know my feelings on that. I scaled it up last year from where Gio had it. :shock: eh well 1 other thing I didnt really understand was pulling that corner after the finish out into the start straight so far, but thats not really that big of a deal. Anyways, I say that about scaling it up because I rode your changes on last years terrain.hf and I liked it more than this released way and more than last year. I think you could have achieved the same all around positive feedback without having to scale it up. Im glad you got some motivation out of this (just guessing, thats usually how it works) to fix up Millville. Ill be happy to see that new section fixed. I wish theyd put that wall into the 2nd set of rollers back in too.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

I've never been a fan of the scaling you use barrington, whilst it might be somewhat mathematically correct, it is still too small how fast the bikes in game are, for example the table before the sand rollers last year you could literally hit on a 50cc?

1:35

I'd say a larger scaling flows better and feel more realistic and natural.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

"the scaling you use barrington". You know I didnt make that redbud base, right? It was about 1:1 when Giopanda made it. And every other track is about 1.1:1. The GPs included. The scaling isn't "my scale".
I do agree that the bikes "seem" too fast. I think its more of a gearing issue.
Ive also ridden redbud before and you can pretty much coast off that table.
5:20 and you can see a 50 clear it.

Racers52 wrote: whilst it might be somewhat mathematically correct, it is still too small how fast the bikes in game are
Lets think about this for a second. If its "correct", then shouldnt the part thats not "correct" be fixed? :P
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

You guys can blame me for the straightaway after the finish line because that's exactly how it is irl, and I thought it made the start much more fair, because before it was a straight line to the inside from gate 1. And just in my opinion I enjoyed the big scale because its a lot of fun being able to throw whips and have fun over huge jumps every lap, 35 minutes is a long ass time. That being said im not picking sides here, I enjoy almost all of the tracks that both of you make and I appreciate the hard work you guys put in, keep it up!!
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

I'm not trying to "blame" anything on anyone. It just seemed a little funky to me especially with the first 5 or so gates.
And I certainly don't want "sides". This shouldn't be a competition.
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

barrington314 wrote:I'm not trying to "blame" anything on anyone. It just seemed a little funky to me especially with the first 5 or so gates.
And I certainly don't want "sides". This shouldn't be a competition.
I kinda just meant blame if somebody didn't like it lol. Love you barrington
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I scaled up the height right away. Then was asked to try the overall scale by a handful of people. I agreed it opened up the track more to allow more flow and lines. I honestly had no clue whether the original was 1:1 or 1:1.1 or 1:3 I just went to what felt best. I actually had it bigger and went back to somewhere between to get the balance that felt like riding red bud to me. While from my experience you like to be numerically correct I prefer to be "feel" correct. It's like the difference between an engineer and an artist. Both can represent the same thing and neither are wrong but they are different. As far as the ruts and the terrain hf, I'd need to scale up the track and overlay in the displacemt to lower the hf to do it better. It was really tough to not get jagged bouncy ruts at this scale.

I just wanted red bud with big fun jumps. That's what I remember from riding and watching it and that's what I like playing. And yes burkeen had me change a couple things based off racing the track but the reference and I agreed they made a better track.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

A lot of the corners are kinda frustrating, but most of the jumps are super fun.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

lol that makes me depressed :cry: :lol:
This is how I see my track.
t_steezy88
Team: Motool

Post by t_steezy88 »

where do i put the object pack????
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

t_steezy88 wrote:where do i put the object pack????
Same folder as the track.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

lmao +1

Atom6246 wrote:lol that makes me depressed :cry: :lol:
This is how I see my track.
Phil Doyon #423
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

checkerz wrote:While from my experience you like to be numerically correct I prefer to be "feel" correct.
I think this is the best way to go about it. Start off with the actual numbers and tweak it to feel right in game. This is a video game after all, not real life, you have to make adjustments between the two.

I think the supercross tracks this year really proved that point. While Barrington's followed the blue prints to the T, they often didn't flow or feel/ride like a real track at all. I know there's always the argument that the tracks "are built to challenge the pros" but I think making a track more difficult by wonky lines is a bad tactic.

This track didn't take me all that long to learn and be able to do consistent, clean laps but I'm still nowhere near the fastest lap times. I feel like that's how the tracks should be. Fun, flowing and still challenging enough.