2015-16 Yamaha Plan | Skinning Competition

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

2015-16 Yamaha Plan | Skinning Competition

Post by vortexracingleader »

Neal Wells and I have come up with a solution on what we would like to do with the Yamaha model. We have been working on this model for a few months now, and with the current state of the community, we are offering a solution that we think will make everyone happy.

Everything except the motor was modeled by me (I will be modeling my own motor at a later date) and the credits for texturing/skinning go to Neal.

As of 9/5/15, we will be hosting a skinning competition that will last one month (10/5/15)

-Prizes-

1st Place - Receive your skin on a scrammed SAF file with parts of the winners choice (JM's, etc)
2nd Place - Receive your skin on a scrammed SAF file with stock parts.

Skins will be judged by the entire MotoRAD team, and we will announce a winner on 10/10/15

We will also be releasing a stock bike at a later date for the entire community to use.

If you would like to purchase (yes, I said purchase) the bike before it's full release to the community, here's what the going rates are at this point (Subject to change)

* A scrammed SAF with your choice of parts (bars, pipe, plastic style) - $30
* A full template with all parts available to you. You will receive updates FIRST as they become available. -$60

We are currently working on a program to try to keep this template from being passed around, so if JLV, you could unlock this thread, that would be great!

After 2016 Supercross, there will be a light version of the template released to the community, allowing the community the chance to use the model.

Bike Customization Options SO FAR

Exhaust- Fmf, Pro Circuit, Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Stock

Handlebars- Renthal Twinwalls, Renthal Fatbars, Pro Taper Twinwalls, Pro Taper Fatbars, ODI Fatbars, ODI Twinwalls

Plastics- Stock, Cycra

We're hoping that with this, we can encourage the community to have patience as we continue to better this model for public release.
Below is the link to the STOCK cutout. We may release the Cycra one-piece plastic cutout at a later date, if the demand is high enough.

Thank you all, and we hope that this can work out for the best!

LINK TO CUTOUT
https://www.mediafire.com/?mcycwpvydpo2zdx
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Re: 2015-16 Yamaha Plan | Skinning Competition

Post by vortexracingleader »

Also to send in your skins, pm Me or Wellsmx524 with the subject " Yamaha Skinning Competition "
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Please send skin entries via PM to Damien or myself
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Where do I send my entry?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Leave it to August to be a smartass.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You can leave it to me to be a smartass, and I'll leave it to you to be a dumbass. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
WellsMX524

Post by WellsMX524 »

Come on guys, not here. The information's in the second post, being a smartass or not.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

WellsMX524 wrote:Come on guys, not here. The information's in the second post, being a smartass or not.
I keep on getting an error when I try and send a PM to Me...
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

is the model entirely yours? that motor looks familiar thats all
Donate if you like My Creations
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Ohagan75 wrote:is the model entirely yours? that motor looks familiar thats all
vortexracingleader wrote:Everything except the motor was modeled by me (I will be modeling my own motor at a later date)
WellsMX524

Post by WellsMX524 »

Ohagan75 wrote:is the model entirely yours? that motor looks familiar thats all
Yes, it is one from your and hunter's model, I believe. In the first post it is mentioned that the motor is not Damiens. He is working on his own motor, I know.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

So will the new engine be done before this is sold to people? Did you talk to Hunter about selling his engine?
WellsMX524

Post by WellsMX524 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:So will the new engine be done before this is sold to people? Did you talk to Hunter about selling his engine?
Damien is still finishing up the other motor. He didn't know whether he would've been able to finish the model at one point, so this was originally supposed to be a team only bike. However, given the circumstances this community is in, we figured we'd do something different.

So to answer your question: Yes, the engine will be finished before this bike is sold. It is still in beta, and we are working on the bike as much as we can.
WellsMX524

Post by WellsMX524 »

In fact, there are a multitude of other parts that we are still adding on, replacing, and texturing one at a time.
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

vortexracingleader wrote:with the current state of the community, we are offering a solution that we think will make everyone happy.
I honestly think this is the worst thing to do, and will make more people upset.

Also, you are going to be making profit with something that was released for free?