2015 Red Bull Straight Rhythm Replica Event - October 28th

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

2015 Red Bull Straight Rhythm Replica Event - October 28th

Post by checkerz »

Hey guys, after some serious deliberation, I am pleased to announce the first event I've put together with Sammy at MXSLobby.com. His new site is great, and I think this event will be a great addition to the events he is already running. (It's not an rF event because Wheels is busy with life and I didn't trouble him to set up infrastructure for a one off race. SX and nationals is plenty of work enough for him.)

The format will allow up to 276 riders to race in addition to timed qualifying. This will be a pay to enter event for all racers, and I want to ensure as many riders as possible get their money's worth.
Race will be run in: official.mxslobby.com:19800

THE EVENT IS SCHEDULED FOR 6PM PST on October 28th.

Races and qualifying will be hosted by MXS Lobby on the MXS Lobby Servers.

The Track:
Creative replica of the 2015 Red Bull Straight Rhythm course based on the pre-event track map. Updates to the track to match the actual version are not going to happen, but it is built to offer multiple ways through each section that are really close in speed to provide great racing. Scale is 1:Fun.
The track will be FREE to the community. The payment being made is strictly for the racing event.

Here is a preview from Kellen at SYStv of the Track:

Classes:
Open Pro - 125cc-450cc bikes - Open to anyone. This is the ELITE class
Lites Pro - 125cc-250cc bikes (including 2 strokes) - Open to anyone except:
- Any rider who has earned a permanent national # in rF competition EVER
- Any rider who has won an rF 250 or 450 Pro SX or Outdoor title
- Any rider who has won an rF 450 Pro national SX or Outdoor event
- Any rider finishing inside the top 30 of the rF Grand National Championship in 2015
- Any rider who has won a Pro EMF title
Open Amateur - 125cc-450cc bikes - Open to anyone except:
- Anyone who has ever won an rF or EMF Pro event
- Anyone who has ever earned an rF or EMF 2 digit national number
- Anyone who has ever scored a Pro point in rF competition (250 or 450, SX or Outdoors)

Event Format: UPDATED 10/27
Qualifying will be open upon release of the track (or pre-release based on details below) and will run up until an hour prior to race time.
The TOP 96 riders in each class will qualify to race in the event.

Stage 1: (if <= 33 riders in the class, skip to stage 2) --- highly unlikely to have over 33 in any class
If > 33 riders in any class:
A: The top qualifier will automatically have a reserved spot in stage 2
B: Riders will be split evenly into two "heats". A single elimination run on the Quali track will run. The top 16 in each heat will advance to stage 2 to join the top qualifier. Riders 17-33 will be eliminated.

Stage 2: (If <= 16 riders in the class present at UID grab, skip to stage 3)
A: All riders qualified for stage 2 will line up on the gate on the qualifying track for 4 "landrush" style races.
B: Points will be accumulated based on finishing position (1 pt for 1st, 2 pts for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and so on...)
C: The points for those four races AND A FIFTH SCORE BASED ON YOUR QUALIFYING POSITION FOR THE CLASS based on signups, not riders present, will be added together. Your qualifying position will serve as your 5th moto and tie breaker. The lowest score will get 1st seed into the bracket, 2nd lowest will get 2nd seed, and so on...
D: The TOP 16 SCORES will qualify for stage 3

Stage 3:
A. Riders will race head to head in a single race, winner stays loser goes format until only 4 riders remain.
B. The final four for each class will now compete in a best of 3 format during each stage of the bracket.

$5 per rider to enter the event.
$10 Entry + Practice Pass will get you a link to download the track and begin practicing early as soon as your entry is processed. While I can't stop you from sharing the link to the track at this time, please remember this entry fee is a donation to the creators/event hosts and is disrespectful.
Sign ups will be hosted on MXSLobby.com, and will be entered manually by us. To sign up, follow this link and pay your entry fee. Follow that up with a PM to me (checkerz) on the forums with your Name, Number, Class, UID, and Email/Name that your payment came from. We will process your entry, verify payment, and sign you up. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON (unless the event isn't run).

$35 Group sign-up is now an option (if you signed up previously and would like to take advantage of this, your money you already paid can be put towards this).
- Group signups are for groups of 5 riders, less than 5 can be done, but the price doesn't change so you won't get as much of a discount.
- This is intended for teams, but if just a group of buddies would like to get together they may
- All 5 riders will get a practice pass and entry ($50 value for $35)
- How to do it:
a. Paypal me your $35 (must be all in one payment, separate payments will be treated as separate entries/donations)
b. PM me the signup details for all 5 members you are signing up.
c. A PM reply will be sent to the "Group Manager" who can then distribute the track to the other 4 members.

Track release:
Riders paying for the Practice Pass in addition to their entry will get a link to the track in it's current state (terrain will not change prior to event, visuals may continue to be worked on) as soon as their entry is processed.
A public release of the track will be on October 27th for everyone else. The track release on the 27th will be the final RACE version of the track.

Prizes for all classes: ***UPDATED***
Pro Open (prizes only paid with 16+ entries in the class):
1st Place - $20 + Free Entry + Practice Pass to my next paid event
2nd Place - $10 + Free Entry to my next paid event
3rd/4th Place - Free Entry + Practice Pass to my next paid event

Pro Lites and Open Amateur (prizes only paid with 16+ entry in the class):
1st Place - $10 + Free Entry + Practice Pass to my next paid event
2nd place - Free Entry + Practice Pass to my next paid event
3rd/4th place - Free entry to my next paid event, or $5 off entry + Practice Pass

I RESPECTFULLY REQUEST that no other person in the community run an organized event on this track prior to January 1st, 2016 without prior written consent from me.

Please keep the discussion pertinent to the event itself. I will have a follow up thread about payment for events for everyone to discuss in there and explain my thoughts for going down this road (and you're free to disapprove and voice concerns there too).

A few important notes:
-The track is released! Go get it if you haven't and enjoy it! Thanks so much to everyone involved.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37346

- Qualifying is open!!! If you haven't signed up, your qualifying laps will still count when you do.

- In order to sign up YOU MUST HAVE AN MXSLOBBY.COM ACCOUNT! If you have paid and signed up but don't see your name listed, this is likely why. Please PM holt_619 with any questions/issues.

- Lane restrictions:
- During qualifying/"elimination phase" ON THE QUALI VERSION OF THE TRACK you must stay in your lane. If you cross into the black between the lanes, it is fair game if another rider hits you. No matter which area of the black you are on, this area is "unmonitored". You should not enter another rider's lane or risk disqualification.
- During the Bracket portion of the event ON THE RACE VERSION OF THE TRACK you should stay in your lane to the best of your ability. Should you get out of shape and cross the white line, you should proceed back to your lane as soon as possible. If you cross out of your lane and cause the other rider to crash or intentionally impair their run, you will be disqualified. If you crash and your bike happens to land in their lane out of your control, there will not be a penalty. The final call for this will be made by the event hosts. The best solution is to stay in your lane and you risk no penalty.
Last edited by checkerz on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
checkerz

Re: 2015 Red Bull Straight Rhythm Replica Event - October 28

Post by checkerz »

I RESPECTFULLY REQUEST that no other person in the community run an organized event on this track prior to January 1st, 2016 without prior written consent from me.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sounds awesome! 5$ seems like a good fee, it'll probably keep the race at some class, missing out on little kids unable to pay. I'll have to check my schedule, otherwise I hope I can catch a stream of the race! Thanks for hosting and finishing the track!
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

Pay for race but no cash prize ?
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

skyzen wrote:Pay for race but no cash prize ?
Please refer to this thread, and I hope to see you there. You know, JS7 is making his return at the Straight Rhythm IRL... coincidence we could see Leclair return too? I'd like to keep this thread discussion solely about the event.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37129
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

So with no payout to racers? I understand you guys want $ but $5 for a straight line track is kinda nuts, i know were paying for the event and not the track, but why not take all the $5 entries into a prize pool and have the track creator and server hoster take all the $10 entries. you would still make EASILY $50 a piece.

While I can't stop you from sharing the link to the track at this time, please remember this entry fee is a donation to the creators/event hosts and is disrespectful.
But being disrespectful if im ok with that am i allowed to pay $10 and post the download link on the forum without being punished?
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Awood, I will take a minute to reply later to your stuff when I'm off work.

Important note:
I have a record of everyone who should have the track. Anyone found out to have given out the track will be banned from the event and forfeit their entry. Anyone found out to be riding the track early will also be banned from the event and if they already entered, they will be banned.
oneK
Team: All American MX

Post by oneK »

$5 - $10 to give back to whom have given me so much.........not a fucking problem.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

i like the idea of pay for race , but without a refund/cashprize i don't think many people going entry and there will be no competition. Something like refund for top5 and add prize like 10% of entry for first , 7% for second and 5% for third going force people to buy your early acess and will give an objective of your race .
When i pay 40€ for race IRL , a % is giving to the top5 rider , it's something like 250-150-100-75-50. It's why some very good rider is coming when they have the time to give more show for viewvers.

Prize = One Goal = More people = More Show = More tryhard = More profit with early access

No Prize = No Goal = less early access = No Tryhard = Less Show = less people , less profit
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

checkerz wrote:Awood, I will take a minute to reply later to your stuff when I'm off work.

Important note:
I have a record of everyone who should have the track. Anyone found out to have given out the track will be banned from the event and forfeit their entry. Anyone found out to be riding the track early will also be banned from the event and if they already entered, they will be banned.
You pretty much answered my question. That's pretty lame. Ill be sitting this event out. I know losing my $10 isnt going to hurt you much.

Well at least we learned how NOT to execute the paid racing model

Also i agree with leclair for once.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
tacomcdolphin
Team: Privateer

Post by tacomcdolphin »

im gonna host a free one a few hours after the paid event on same track cuz
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

tacomcdolphin wrote:im gonna host a free one a few hours after the paid event on same track cuz

Yeah you do so and we end up with no track or no race.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

At least give the winners their money back. :shock:
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »