El Norcal

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

El Norcal

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

After a long hiatus, I decided to get back into make tracks. This one came together really fast. I know it's not completely "polished," but I had time for a few days and wanted to get this out. I used markham's jump template and modified it from there. Most of the decals I made, and used some from Jay for ruts. If anyone wants to use them, feel free. If I used something I wasn't supposed to, I'm sorry. The track folders were open and I'm pretty sure that means it's fair game.

The track itself is a blend of technical rhythms with a few ridiculous jumps thrown in for fun! It wouldn't be a SkyMX track without a huge quad or something. :wink:

Anyway, Throw some big whips and I hope you all enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/?cr0ebg7bhp80gja

Thanks,

Sky
supermottousa19
Team: twitch.tv/walman

Re: El Norcal

Post by supermottousa19 »

Looks sick downloading now
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

There may or may not be an issue with the timing gates. I haven't done this in forever and I may have eff'd it up.....
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

What is up with the traction? It feels like JLV's but way less slidey. I feel like you hook up way too easy and throw some huge shit without even trying. Other than that the track is really nice. Flows well, looks amazing, and has a wonderful environment.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Thanks for the feedback. I used the traction from checkerz tm compound or one of his other recent tracks. I just assumed it was a problem with my rusty riding. I'll look into it and see. Any opinions will help make my next creation much better.
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I take that back... I used traction from Jay's Motosport compound from the contest a couple years back. I just tested using the traction from his latest AusSXrd1 track. It seems to corner better, Idk....
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

The second ever MXS track to lag for me lol, Fun layout though.
tesstickle
Team: fammx.com

Post by tesstickle »

Track is fun, can do some pretty insane rhythms tho lol. I'd try spacing some things out a bit or taming down the lips but overall I enjoy it. and ya the traction is a little weird but o well
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I find the track very technical and challenging, but i like it. Some of the jumps are pretty peaky, and the whoops are gnarly. Love the environment and the decals. Traction is a bit unpredictable and i feel like i have to tip toe through corners.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:I take that back... I used traction from Jay's Motosport compound from the contest a couple years back. I just tested using the traction from his latest AusSXrd1 track. It seems to corner better, Idk....
Both of those tracks have slippery traction, IMO. Check out the 2015 SX tracks traction, that's even a little slick after all the new suspension updates but still really decent.
ct596

Post by ct596 »

Probably my least favorite track that you have released. That is not really a bad thing because some of your tracks have been my favorite tracks on MXS. The whoops are fun and as always the environment is awesome. You tend to always nail the scaling to make it really fun to ride, but the rhythm sections on the track are small which just doesn't make it fun to be able to jump half of it in one jump. I think the reason the traction is weird compared to the other tracks is because of how slow the speeds are in the corners. Anyway, thanks for the content!
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Thanks for the honest review. I feel the same way. I have been working most of the day to find that perfect scale. I'm not any closer than I was when I started though. It's driving me crazy. I'll figure it out though. I probably should have asked some people to test the track before I released it, but it's my first track in a couple years. I wanted to just dive in and do it. My next one will be better!
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Don't be so down on yourself. This is definitely a quality track.

I agree that the scaling seemed a bit small, but it could also be due to the peakiness of the jumps. It's ironic that i'm also admitting that because usually i'm the first guy to complain that the scale of tracks people release is too big! I personally prefer JLV's 1:1.25 scaled supercross tracks from years past. They had the perfect feel, in my opinion. What scale is this track?
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I'm not being down on myself. I am happy with the track, it just didn't have the right feel to it for me. It was like I got too far to turn back and just focused on decals and statues. lol I've got something going this evening that feels much better.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the track though. It's nice to be back! 8)
pulse

Post by pulse »

dammit alex, do I need to start making shitty tracks again?