3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JakeT3

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by JakeT3 »

Norcal_51 wrote:What is the best/ most user friendly 3D program? I've been learning Blender a little bit (very tough so far), but didnt know if something else would be better?
I find 3DS Max the most logical and easy to use.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Messing around learning animation stuff in blender.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

So Yamaha's "Y" is a bunch of tuning forks?!
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yes :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

Haha, nice job guys! SMR, that lookes like really complex house, i like your modelling.
Haha, yamaha started with producing musical instruments originally. Thats why the logo are tuning forks. They still do some musical stuff like keyboards, etc. Nice animation Nate!
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

p2sta wrote:Haha, nice job guys! SMR, that lookes like really complex house, i like your modelling.
Haha, yamaha started with producing musical instruments originally. Thats why the logo are tuning forks. They still do some musical stuff like keyboards, etc. Nice animation Nate!
Thanks man,my Dad an I designed the house as well.

The review board approved it last night 5-0 and everyone praised our design since the neighbors were difficult to deal with and we made them happy.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I always thought it was just some sort of "tribal" or some fancy double "Y" to make the logo. I knew that they started with music but it never occurred to me the that logo would also be music related.

I've gotten really into HGTV lately so, I must be getting old. House design is really interesting to me. I'm confused on the roof/room shape choices for the two over on the right on the second floor. The one centered that has the smaller windows up top and the barn shape on the far right. The one in the center doesn't bother me as much, but the barn shape of the right doesn't look right at as as it doesn't match any sort of shape I can see. Also, the neighbors were hard to work with? The only time I've experienced neighbors not being nice with a new home build is when they are either far below or above the other houses price range and I can't see that being the deal here.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Pumaxcs wrote:I've gotten really into HGTV lately so, I must be getting old. House design is really interesting to me. I'm confused on the roof/room shape choices for the two over on the right on the second floor. The one centered that has the smaller windows up top and the barn shape on the far right. The one in the center doesn't bother me as much, but the barn shape of the right doesn't look right at as as it doesn't match any sort of shape I can see.
Yes, this community is very particular with traditional houses and very few modern houses are built there. Basically they want to make sure that your design is true to the style and not some kind of hybrid. The process requires that we go for a preliminary hearing where the 5 member board gives us feedback on the design. Initially we were calling it a Colonial and both of those features were Gables (triangles). They didn't think it matched up with a Colonial because it is not symmetrical and linear and suggested that we reevaluate the style choice and design. We worked with our clients and decided to go with a Shingle style. The Shingle style is a form of Victorian where the house is supposed to by asymmetrical hence the difference in the roof design between the left and right features.

I stole the idea from a house my Dad did before I worked with him:

It could have probably worked without it though but I felt frisky and our clients liked it so I ran with it.
Pumaxcs wrote:Also, the neighbors were hard to work with? The only time I've experienced neighbors not being nice with a new home build is when they are either far below or above the other houses price range and I can't see that being the deal here.
As you can tell by the name of the Town "Hillsborough" it is very hilly. The lot behind ours is something like 50' below ours and it is only accessible by driving on a driveway across another persons property. Origionally the house was flipped left to right so the 2 story portion was on the left. They were complaining that it would block all the light to their property and they were too close etc. The Town has requirements that we have to meet in order to not block other people light and we were way under it but the board wanted us to change it so we had to flip it.

You can't really tell how steep it is in the rendering (it was hard to capture in 1 angle) but at the back of the house we are out of the ground by 10' or more. Its probably the most challenging piece of property I have ever designed on, just trying to make it work was a real challenge.

The price difference is real as well, this house will probably be worth $5-6M when it is done and the neighbor that was complaining is probably worth $1-2M if that. I know, our prices are insane but that is the only reason I can make a living doing this.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Eh, well. If they are happy with it and it meets everyone else's standard's I wouldn't change it either. :lol:

Will you just be building up or will they also have a basement? At that sort of difference it seems like just adding more living space would be an easier option than pushing up more dirt to cover the bottom of your house and creating a cliff. Still not a huge fan of the roof styling in either one but I'm not the one paying millions to get them so who cares what I say, maybe I'm the one with cheap taste. :lol:
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

No basement on this one. Anything that is over 2' out of the ground counts toward floor area so we couldn't have too much or we would have to make something else smaller.

Yes, you need your tastes adjusted. Instead of watching HGTV check out some Rober A.M. Stern. Its ok, everyone has different tastes.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty interesting post on hdri sun brightness: http://adaptivesamples.com/2015/11/09/h ... anga-veld/

A Blender add-on for dynamic sky: http://www.dragoneex.com/downloads/dynamic-skyadd-on
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Here's a pretty cool add-on for Blender and Gimp/PS that auto updates an image from each editor to the other. So if you have a model open in blender and are skinning it in Gimp or PS, this add-on automatically updates the texture after either you hit a shortcut or after every change in Blender. Works the opposite way if you're texture painting in Blender too. Only problem is it has to save and open the image every time, so I don't see the auto option working too well for 2k and especially 4k textures.

https://sites.google.com/site/pointatst ... utorefresh
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can't remember if I posted this or not, a good write-up/tutorial about creating game assets and baking etc. http://www.cgmasters.net/free-tutorials ... en-assets/