Windows 10 Xbox One Controller Not Registering with MXS

Post your questions here
bj0rkn3s
Team: Privateer

Re: Windows 10 Xbox One Controller Not Registering with MXS

Post by bj0rkn3s »

nascarnate wrote:
charper732 wrote:I attempted the same thing you stated with changing the second number to a positive but doing that makes the throttle work but it moves it to the left trigger? It's programed to the right trigger
Each trigger is a different axis. Here's my config:

throttle_key=(-0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 5
front_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2
rear_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2
Thanks, I just deleted my throttle an front brake part in the config file, then just pasted in your strings at the bottom. Works perfectly :D
beazt318
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Street King Honda

Post by beazt318 »

I have been trying to fix this all day. I had the problem before and fixed it but I do not remember how I did. I can make it to where the triggers are picked up by the game but not both of them. And when i make it work it makes my throttle get stuck wide open.
jramsuz927

Post by jramsuz927 »

just wondering where this config you are all talking about is? i'm have the exact same problem with the triggers on my controller
beazt318
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Street King Honda

Post by beazt318 »

jramsuz927 wrote:just wondering where this config you are all talking about is? i'm have the exact same problem with the triggers on my controller
It is in your personal folder and the file name is "config". Right click it and edit it with notepad++ or what ever you have that can open a text file. Scroll down until you find the controller code. I did not have success with that. If that doesn't work for you google "Xbox One controller not triggers not working". I found a lot of ways to fix it with doing that. I just needed new drivers so maybe that it what you need too.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

tymotoboy53
Team: Pasadena Kawasaki

Post by tymotoboy53 »

Hey guys I'm using a DS4 controller. I edited the config file the other day and it was working so much better. But last night, My buttons were beginning to stick while riding and I attempted to edit the config file again by deleteing the entire code for the controls and rewriting it. After I've changed the code, I'll go back to mx sim and some of my buttons are programmed differently than its supposed to be (like the letter x for Throttle). No matter how many times I delete and repaste the code it just keep programming every button as something on the keyboard. Please help bc I absolutely cant play the game now. The community is starting to piss me off with how unhelpful they can be...if you find out what this is thank you because no one is helping me with this
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

This has to do with the fact that windows 10 recognizes the xbox one controller differently since it is using a built in driver. Instead of two separate axis, the left and right trigger are bundled into Z axis and Z rotation, will edit this post once i find a legit fix!
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Ezra wrote:This has to do with the fact that windows 10 recognizes the xbox one controller differently since it is using a built in driver. Instead of two separate axis, the left and right trigger are bundled into Z axis and Z rotation, will edit this post once i find a legit fix!
Its not just the driver. On windows its on axis 3, on mac and linux its axis 5(found this out setting inputs in unity). Its the machine code on the controllers internal board so there needs to be a program that can mimic dual axis. Not sure if theres something like that but good luck!
CalebPatton

Post by CalebPatton »

I'm having the same issue, except I'm on a Mac.
& using a wired 360 controller.

This is my edited config, still no luck with it. Any suggestions? (besides using a windows pc) :wink:

throttle_key=(-1.000000,1.000000)Joystick0 axis 5
front_brake_key=(-1.000000,1.000000)Joystick0 axis 4
rear_brake_key=(-1.000000,1.000000)Joystick0 axis 4
GageGuerin413

Post by GageGuerin413 »

Im also having the same issue but I do not have a personal folder or a config. I temporarily have my throttle and brakes on the right and left buttons. They also start to get stuck on me out of know where. kind of lost on what to do.
Get off in 4 strokesz
suzuki98

Post by suzuki98 »

try this worked for me found this on other forums after windows 10 updated on me today and my triggers stopped working

Before, I could map combined accelerate & brake controls by pressing LT (recognized as Z-axis), now LT & RT work separately as Z-axis and Z-rotation. When I play, mapping seems inverted (e.g. accelerating if trigger is not pressed) and swapped (mapping LT to acceleration makes it brake and vice-versa). Really strange issue and I can't seem to be able to replace the generic "XINPUT compatible HID device" driver with anything more specific.

Edit/Solution? It appears like the old behaviour from before upgrading to Windows 10 can be restored by overriding the driver with the generic "HID compliant game controller" (sorry if I mistranslated that, my Win10 installation isn't set to English): While the controller is plugged in, open the device manager, open the properties of the "XINPUT compatible HID device", select to update the driver, choose manually and take the HID compliant game controller listed under compatible drivers. Note that I also (re-)installed drivers from http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ ... patibility before

Solved the issue. Had to download the compatibility drivers that were for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 and switch to them ("Microsoft XBox One Controller" instead of "XBox One Controller," and "HID-compliant input device" instead of "XINPUT compatible HID device").

EDIT: Just in case anyone else who has this issue doesn't know how to change the drivers:

Download the "PC drivers for Xbox One Controller" from here. (x64 if you have a 64-bit system, x86 if you have a 32-bit system)
Install them onto your system using the .msi you just downloaded.
Now, go into Control Panel>"Printers & Devices."
Right click the controller, go to "Properties," then hit the "Hardware" tab; you should see three items.
Click on "XBox One Controller," hit "Properties," hit "Change Settings," then go to the "Driver" tab.
Hit "Update Driver," then "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list...," uncheck "Show compatible hardware," then select "Microsoft XBox One Controller." A warning will pop-up, but continue anyway.
Do the same and change "XINPUT compatible HID device" to "HID-compliant input device".
Restart, and it should work now.
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

The triggers work. It's hard to get them to map in game.

Easiest way is to press it down about halfway and then click the throttle/brake map slot and press it in the rest of the way. Keep trying to do this. Or you can click and spam both.

That's how I do it with Win10 and xbox controller without any additive drivers or software.
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
lipps199

Post by lipps199 »

ABRacing18 wrote:The triggers work. It's hard to get them to map in game.

Easiest way is to press it down about halfway and then click the throttle/brake map slot and press it in the rest of the way. Keep trying to do this. Or you can click and spam both.

That's how I do it with Win10 and xbox controller without any additive drivers or software.
This worked perfect for me. Its weird but it worked. Im on MAC btw and this hooked it up. I was trying to get this to work for like a year! Seriously.
NathanK154

Post by NathanK154 »

Hey man the same thing happend to me you need to redownload a driver from techspot
motocrazed762
Team: LK Designs (Forming)

Post by motocrazed762 »

ok so i just got an update on my windows 10 and now my xbox one controller wont register the throttle.... i even changed the values and did what this forum said to do and changed it in notebook ++ and still doesnt work please help!
Quinn Roberts