Just Another Straight Rhythm Showdown

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Just Another Straight Rhythm Showdown

Post by checkerz »

After having such a great time at the Red Bull Straight Rhythm Replica event hosted by MXSLobby.com, Sammy and I have teamed up once again to run a custom Straight Rhythm track/event.

The dirty details are below, and we hope to have a big turnout and a ton of fun.

Oh, and yes it's entirely free!

Wednesday, November 25th - 6PM PST

Races and qualifying will be hosted by MXS Lobby on the MXS Lobby Servers.

The Track:
Custom Straight Rhythm placed in the replica environment. Less wall jumps, more lines, and wider than the original.

Classes:
Open Pro - 125cc-450cc bikes - Open to anyone. This is the ELITE class
Lites Pro - 125cc-250cc bikes (including 2 strokes) - Open to anyone except:
- Any rider who has earned a permanent national # in rF competition EVER
- Any rider who has won an rF 250 or 450 Pro SX or Outdoor title
- Any rider who has won an rF 450 Pro national SX or Outdoor event
- Any rider finishing inside the top 30 of the rF Grand National Championship in 2015
- Any rider who has won a Pro EMF title
Open Amateur - 125cc-450cc bikes - Open to anyone except:
- Anyone who has ever won an rF or EMF Pro event
- Anyone who has ever earned an rF or EMF 2 digit national number
- Anyone who has ever scored a Pro point in rF competition (250 or 450, SX or Outdoors)

Event Format:
Qualifying: Begins upon track release on Qualifying version of the track in MXS Lobby servers. QUALIFYING IS ONLY TO LOCK IN THE TOP 66 riders in each class. There is zero difference between qualifying 66th and 1st

UID grab will be at 6pm sharp on race night.

Stage 1 ALL CLASSES (if =< 33 riders skip to Stage 2):
Riders will line up in 2 separate heats based on qualifying times with 33 in each (or an even amount if less than 66 riders)
Riders will run 3 "Landrush" style races scoring 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, and so on for each "moto"
Scores will be tallied for the 3 motos, the top 16 riders will advance to stage 2. Riders 17th-33rd will be eliminated. Ties will be broken by 3rd moto finish.

Stage 2 ALL CLASSES:
The 32 riders qualifying through Stage 1 will run 3 "Landrush" style races scoring 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, and so on for each "moto"
Scores will be tallied for the 3 motos, the top 16 riders will advance to stage 3. Riders 17th-32nd will be eliminated. Ties will be broken by 3rd moto finish.

Stage 3 ALL CLASSES:
The top 16 riders will be seeded based on their overall finish from Stage 2
The bracket will be SINGLE ELIMINATION down to the final 4.
At the final 4, riders will then race in a best of 3 format.
We will do a SINGLE ELIMINATION to determine 3rd place in each class.

Visit MXSLobby.com to sign up (when the event goes live).
You must have an MXS Lobby account

Track Release:
The track will be released Sunday, November 22nd (Subject to change earlier or later, but that is tentative plan)
Qualifying will begin immediately upon track release.

Prizes:*Subject to change or be removed without any notice for any reason deemed necessary.
Without an entry fee, I am providing prizing out of my own account, and saving a majority for the Replica Racing Championship coming up. Look for larger prizes for that event.

1st Place - Open Pro: $10 via paypal
1st Place - Amateur Open/Lites Pro: $5 via paypal

Rules:
Lane restrictions: During qualifying/"elimination phase" ON THE QUALI VERSION OF THE TRACK you must stay in your lane. If you cross into the black between the lanes, it is fair game if another rider hits you. No matter which area of the black you are on, this area is "unmonitored". You should not enter another rider's lane or risk disqualification.
- During the Bracket portion of the event ON THE RACE VERSION OF THE TRACK you should stay in your lane to the best of your ability. Should you get out of shape and cross the white line, you should proceed back to your lane as soon as possible. If you cross out of your lane and cause the other rider to crash or intentionally impair their run, you will be disqualified. If you crash and your bike happens to land in their lane out of your control, there will not be a penalty. The final call for this will be made by the event hosts. The best solution is to stay in your lane and you risk no penalty.

Cheating: Any rider found exploiting the track during qualifying or the event will be removed from the event and possibly future events.

Server behavior: This is meant to be a fun event. The hosts will do our best to provide a quality and fun (relaxed) event that runs as smoothly as possible at all times. Please be respectful of all players ESPECIALLY THE HOSTS in the chat or risk penalty. This will be strongly enforced. Remember, everyone is donating their time, effort, and money to make this event a success. We appreciate your cooperation.

Late entries: If you miss UID grab, there will be no late additions.

Have fun!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: Just Another Straight Rhythm Showdown

Post by aeffertz »

Ahh man. I liked the width of the original. Made things more interesting!
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Redemption time for me! (I'll still probably lose round one, but I won't die on the first jump)
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Carbon85
Team: Cycle Trader Yamaha

Post by Carbon85 »

Time zone?
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Carbon85 wrote:Time zone?
It says in the post. 6PM PST
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Carbon85
Team: Cycle Trader Yamaha

Post by Carbon85 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
Carbon85 wrote:Time zone?
It says in the post. 6PM PST
I SEEN THAT SHHHHHHHH;)
Jeston

Post by Jeston »

Sick, cant wait :D
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Jeston wrote:Sick, cant wait :D
You can run a Numero Uno if you'd like.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

For those interested, we'll be showing the first glimpses of the track during MotoaGoGo's stream tomorrow night at 10PM EST. I'll be doing a mini interview piece with him and we'll ride the track a bit to show it off.

http://www.twitch.tv/motoagogo
khager32
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Post by khager32 »

gunna be sick!
i won an lcq once
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

checkerz wrote:For those interested, we'll be showing the first glimpses of the track during MotoaGoGo's stream tomorrow night at 10PM EST. I'll be doing a mini interview piece with him and we'll ride the track a bit to show it off.

this is in 2 hours right?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mxsrider96 wrote:
checkerz wrote:For those interested, we'll be showing the first glimpses of the track during MotoaGoGo's stream tomorrow night at 10PM EST. I'll be doing a mini interview piece with him and we'll ride the track a bit to show it off.

this is in 2 hours right?
15 minutes from now!
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Well shit! A good ass game of zombies kept me occupied and I totally forgot about the stream. They save right?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Thanks everyone who tuned in and supported Moto's stream. He's doing a lot for this community streaming all the time and donating his time to the Am streams for rF too.

If you didn't tune in, you missed out. Because we reached our donation goals, the Race (not quali) version of the track was pre-released to everyone who tuned in. Don't worry though, if you missed it you'll be able to get your hands on the track early when Moto uploads the stream to his YouTube. Go hit the Subscribe button on his YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCIhoy ... PfqHv0Vr-A ) and grab the link from the description when it goes up.

Track will release on the forums in a couple weeks.

Also, if you missed it and want to see the track, check out his archive on Twitch or again, see it on Youtube.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Tyler Schmidt and Sister Mary are playing the track on :

Twitch.tv/MXProdigy17 NOW!11

Follow and donate... NOW!!! for the link..

http://www.twitch.tv/mxprodigy17