Motocross Game Development Livestream

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Motocross Game Development Livestream

Post by LKR47 »

Hey guys! Just thought Id livestream my game development process. Its a arcade/simulation hybrid and has sparked some interest among some people on the forums. Currently I am working on getting the base down but eventually I want to bring in some feedback/suggestions from chat and have you join the development process. There is two of us developing the game; Im doing all the programming and maybe UI and there is a very talented environment designer working on tracks however I will keep his name anon because Im not sure if he wants it to get out yet. I dont really have a livestream schedule since this will be my first stream as of Dec 2nd, but I will definitely do it more if you guys want. I hope yall come and watch and maybe you can learn a few things about game dev. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/hodge47
LKR47

Re: Motocross Game Development Livestream

Post by LKR47 »

I'll be streaming tonight around 6:30-7 till whenever. I plan on doing that daily also so if you're bored and aren't doing anything come watch.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Dp but time is central standard time
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Would be fun if you'd archive (so you can watch for a few days under "past broadcasts") the streams! Since I live in Sweden, I'm rarely awake when any American streams. Would be fun to watch after it's been broadcasted. Always been interested in programming/development.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Wahlamt wrote:Would be fun if you'd archive (so you can watch for a few days under "past broadcasts") the streams! Since I live in Sweden, I'm rarely awake when any American streams. Would be fun to watch after it's been broadcasted. Always been interested in programming/development.
I tried to save my stream to a file but it was maxing out my cpu and crashing all my programs. However I have a new cpu and gpu on its way to my house and should be here tuesday or wednesday. Plus Ive only done two streams and they were probably very bad. Im still a noob at it :oops: I just enabled video archiving on twitch so I will try that out.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Streaming is a bitch! Was the worst thing ever to get setup up properly :( Please post here once you stream, so we can look at the past broadcasts :)
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

I just got done actually :D for some reason my mic was messed up so it didnt catch my voice most of the time. My gain must be pretty low but I figured it would be alright since thats what I use to do screen caps. Anyways that archive is up but I just did a few things like try to import some audio that I recorded earlier of my actual bike and I started animating a rider. Its shit but hopefully I start getting a little better at it and have better mic quality and more interesting content.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Ill be streaming tonight ~9:30 pm CST working on some physics stuff. I also fixed my audio so it wont sound like shit :D
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

I love wathing these!
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Sandhapper wrote:I love wathing these!
Thanks! Hopefully they'll get more exciting soon haha
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Streaming tonight at 6:30 on the dot till probably 8:30-9 CST. Gonna get a lot of stuff done tonight been having a lot of technical difficulties lately that have been resolved.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Gonna do a short stream tonight at 6:30 CST doing a different approach to animations.
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

Definitely agree on the broadcast archives. Would be super cool to see this, I've missed them all at this point. Any other videos out there to see some gamepaly snippets yet? Cool to see another Mx Game, keep it up!
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Unfortunately I've been really busy the past few weeks so I have t had time to live stream or really get anything major done. However, I should be starting back up this week or the next and the broadcast will always be archived on my twitch. I won't be making and other form of videos though because of the way people get like asking when it will be done or telling me to change stuff like I've seen on the mx bikes forums or even on here really.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Streaming at 7 cst. Got some little things I need to do.