2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 8: Esanatoglia

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 8: Esanatoglia

Post by honda23 »

Hi guys! :D This is the track which will be used for the 8th round of the 2015 MXS Italian Championship!

STORY OF THE TRACK
This time i'm serious, this is the second oldest italian motocross track ever! Located in the middle of Italy, near the nice namesake village, Esanatoglia is a typical old-style track, very traditional, very fast and corners are absolutely technical! ...so a REAL mx track!
The soil is very hard pack with gravel, so you can imagine what it looks like during summer :D but, well, it drains pretty well even if it rains. There are so many up and downhills, as it is build between 2 mountains, but unfortunately few jumps, this tells you that what is important here is to stay in the line and go as fast as you can. Despite the crew works hard to keep the track clean from rocks and gravel, if you come for a ride here, you have better not to stay behind your mate, as he will throw a rock straightforward to you goggles :? (not joking)
The most technical parts of the track are, apart from corners, the long downhill in the middle with bumps and ruts at the base of it, and the steep uphill in the final part, pay attention to them!
What i could tell you more...that this track gained so much importance that it hosted tons and tons of races from regionals to gp's and so on...you can imagine.
So, if you are having a journey here in the middle of Italy, don't forget to have a ride in Esanatoglia!

DOWNLOAD
HIgh-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mbn5 ... gh.res.rar
Med-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/96s97 ... ed.res.rar
Low-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1wyp ... ow.res.rar

When waiting for the download you can check the on board lap here in the championship FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/75467130467827 ... 831843026/

CREDITS
- JLV: game
- TMFR: official sponsor
- EMF: hosting
- RKI Racing Team: help and beta test
- Haggqvist: gp objects and billboards
- Staydown: objects
- Motoboss: objects
- Twistmoto: track template and objects
- Chekerz: objects
- Mxs teams: team trucks
- Anyone who i forgot

EMF website: http://mxsemf.com/news.php
Check the serie topic for updates: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36536

Have fun! :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Mxroutlaw
Team: 15TEN Racing

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 8: Esanatoglia

Post by Mxroutlaw »

Looks amazing, cant wait to rip this track up!
Great Work to all! :D
MX Simulator or Bust!
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Mxroutlaw wrote:Looks amazing, cant wait to rip this track up!
Great Work to all! :D
Thank you :wink:
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Once again great work!

Really technical with all the off camber corners and a really fun one! Feels like its a good track in the way that its kinda easy to be consistent on, but hard to be fast on so could be some interesting racing for sure!
Feels like it actually suits me for some reason and hopefully I can be on the right side of the qualifying line this time around :P

Only thing is that super-rutty uphill jump on the backside. You basiclly have to just lean back, close your eyes and hope for the best to not get thrown sideways. Sometimes it just randomly throws you. Hard to pick a good line through there.

Really nice job once again! Well done

Cheers
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Rayvenator wrote:Once again great work!

Really technical with all the off camber corners and a really fun one! Feels like its a good track in the way that its kinda easy to be consistent on, but hard to be fast on so could be some interesting racing for sure!
Feels like it actually suits me for some reason and hopefully I can be on the right side of the qualifying line this time around :P

Only thing is that super-rutty uphill jump on the backside. You basiclly have to just lean back, close your eyes and hope for the best to not get thrown sideways. Sometimes it just randomly throws you. Hard to pick a good line through there.

Really nice job once again! Well done

Cheers
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Going to attach a picture so anyone got a clue what I'm talking about ;)

In general I feel like this track was an improvement in the right direction. Pretty much all breaking bumps were on point, most of the corner ruts were good and the jumps had a pleasant challenge to them.

In the picture I have one green spot and one blue spot, both of them are the ruts. The green ones are after coming wide open down the hill. The ruts themselves are actually really good, the only thing with them is the awkward bumps in there. I yet haven't fallen off once due to a rut, but a few times due to the bumps. The ruts are completely right if you ask me, but as soon as I hit one of the bumps, it feels like I'm hitting a high curb. If you necessarily want bumps in the ruts, I suggest a bigger radius and a little weaker strength. The ruts are high, but in this situation, I feel like the height actually helps you to stay straight rather than if they would have been lower.

The blue part has torn me apart. My favorite line is to just go big. More or less jump over all the ruts. However if you land in the ruts, it is sketch, also by going big like that, it's a great chance that you fall off due to the impact when landing. If you land good in the ruts, there isn't any problem, but you are quite likely to land a little sideways or something that messes you up. Going slow and riding through the whole rutted section is slightly difficult. The problem I see here is that you aim for the inside/middle of the next corner, but the ruts are going a little from left to right, which sets you off a little in a different direction, while the ruts would have been more likely to go straight towards the middle/inside.

Overall on the track, I think it will be very good to race on. The track is pretty one lined (still by far not as much as mantova) but here you can actually cut to the inside of someone to make a blockpass or you can go with an outside line, without knowing that you will loose three positions. If we were a "train" of 5 guys on Mantova and you stepped outside the main line (assuming the other guys had similar or a little slower pace than you), you would for sure loose at least 1-2 positions. Here I feel like I can take the other line but still have almost the same outcome as the guy in front of me, in other words not being sure that you will loose a few spots.

Hope I can really make the race tonight, this track will be a tonne of fun :)
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Wahlamt wrote:Image
Going to attach a picture so anyone got a clue what I'm talking about ;)

In general I feel like this track was an improvement in the right direction. Pretty much all breaking bumps were on point, most of the corner ruts were good and the jumps had a pleasant challenge to them.

In the picture I have one green spot and one blue spot, both of them are the ruts. The green ones are after coming wide open down the hill. The ruts themselves are actually really good, the only thing with them is the awkward bumps in there. I yet haven't fallen off once due to a rut, but a few times due to the bumps. The ruts are completely right if you ask me, but as soon as I hit one of the bumps, it feels like I'm hitting a high curb. If you necessarily want bumps in the ruts, I suggest a bigger radius and a little weaker strength. The ruts are high, but in this situation, I feel like the height actually helps you to stay straight rather than if they would have been lower.

The blue part has torn me apart. My favorite line is to just go big. More or less jump over all the ruts. However if you land in the ruts, it is sketch, also by going big like that, it's a great chance that you fall off due to the impact when landing. If you land good in the ruts, there isn't any problem, but you are quite likely to land a little sideways or something that messes you up. Going slow and riding through the whole rutted section is slightly difficult. The problem I see here is that you aim for the inside/middle of the next corner, but the ruts are going a little from left to right, which sets you off a little in a different direction, while the ruts would have been more likely to go straight towards the middle/inside.

Overall on the track, I think it will be very good to race on. The track is pretty one lined (still by far not as much as mantova) but here you can actually cut to the inside of someone to make a blockpass or you can go with an outside line, without knowing that you will loose three positions. If we were a "train" of 5 guys on Mantova and you stepped outside the main line (assuming the other guys had similar or a little slower pace than you), you would for sure loose at least 1-2 positions. Here I feel like I can take the other line but still have almost the same outcome as the guy in front of me, in other words not being sure that you will loose a few spots.

Hope I can really make the race tonight, this track will be a tonne of fun :)
Thanks for posting! As fas as concern the green part i totally agree with you, maybe i should have put no bumps in those ruts, but as fas as concern me i have never fallen off there because there are bumps of course, but if you arrive there clean even at high speed, ruts help you to stay in the line. As fas as concern the blue part, for me it's the same like the green one: if i land just in the middle of the rut it's easy not to get stuck...for me. Another choice would be to jump short and so be sure not to land badly on the edge of a rut. Moreover you can overjump them...mh if you have really good suspension because if so, i would fall off.
Nice guy! I always appreciate your comments, and those of Rayvenator too because you help me in this way to better my tracks of your point of view :D