Replica Racing Championship

Organize races and post results here
Bhardy448
Team: team.fammx.com

Re: Replica Racing Championship

Post by Bhardy448 »

Ever done secret santa with your family, after you draw names your grandma says shhh don't tell anyone. Then on your way home your discussing who you picked? Yeah it would never work. For the streaming. Chex will not be announcing anyones real names, it will be strictly whoever that rider is.
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

mxsrider96 wrote:Don't take my word as a law, as I've never done either, but I'd say that if you can replicate a bike, replicating gear probably won't be too bad either
Gear is a lot harder than skinning a bike, but don't let that discourage anyone from trying.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

aeffertz wrote:Gear is a lot harder than skinning a bike, but don't let that discourage anyone from trying.
What makes it so much harder? Is it the unwrap? Because I can imagine gear on a flat surface looks quite a bit different than gear wrapped around a rider.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Bhardy448 wrote:Ever done secret santa with your family, after you draw names your grandma says shhh don't tell anyone. Then on your way home your discussing who you picked? Yeah it would never work. For the streaming. Chex will not be announcing anyones real names, it will be strictly whoever that rider is.
That's why I said obviously you will tell your friends who you are, but for the random noobs watching the stream? It'd be cool if they didn't know who was who.
Bhardy448

Post by Bhardy448 »

Just maybe you could be one of the "random noobs" watching the stream, which would you like?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Why are you being a dick? Everyone agreed with the idea until you came in here...
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

mxsrider96 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:Gear is a lot harder than skinning a bike, but don't let that discourage anyone from trying.
What makes it so much harder? Is it the unwrap? Because I can imagine gear on a flat surface looks quite a bit different than gear wrapped around a rider.
That's part of it, making sure things line up correctly at the seams and figuring out where things are in real life in relation to the UV map. Plus you should make norms for your gear if you want it to look legit and that is just another step that usually isn't needed in skinning a bike because the creator of the model already made the norm.
Bhardy448

Post by Bhardy448 »

okay Devin so you suggest something then say oh wait everyone will know in teamspeak, like you answered your own question then you are upset were not going to do it the way you want... The process of picking riders has not been decided yet, like stated 1 page ago.
Valor
Team: retired

Post by Valor »

Bhardy448 wrote:okay Devin so you suggest something then say oh wait everyone will know in teamspeak, like you answered your own question then you are upset were not going to do it the way you want... The process of picking riders has not been decided yet, like stated 1 page ago.
nice kd on cs
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Riders will be announced as the riders they are representing on the stream.

There is no need to try and be secretive about who gets who because a majority will find out anyways, so why make extra work?
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

checkerz wrote:Riders will be announced as the riders they are representing on the stream.

There is no need to try and be secretive about who gets who because a majority will find out anyways, so why make extra work?
are they being handed out to top riders straight away or will there be signups for who is interested in even doing the series.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

It'd be hard to handle rider assignments, as I don't really think even one race would do it. I think the best way to handle it would be to pool all the riders who want to participate in and do either 2 races or a huge straight rhythm event. With the 2 races: I feel it wouldn't take too long to make it happen and get it taken care of, you can use old tracks rather than making brand new ones, and you'd have 2 separate results to work with, so the most consistent rider is the rider that gets Dungey, rather than the guy who got a start and managed to stay on the bike the entire time while literally shitting his pants the entire race. With the straight rhythm: It would be quite a long event, but I feel like it would sort out the riders better. We could just use round 1 from "Just Another Straight Rhythm" (which would be great for me because I was away the night of that race and didn't get to redeem myself from the replica event) and just run the way the other 2 straight rhythm events were ran, but with an extra race on the land rush track, featuring all the guys who were not top 16, to assign the riders from 17 and on
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

AWood wrote:
checkerz wrote:Riders will be announced as the riders they are representing on the stream.

are they being handed out to top riders straight away or will there be signups for who is interested in even doing the series.
No, they will take into account who is active at Round 1 of the series. Guys will stick with the rider throughout the series, so I guess we could lose some guys at some rounds but that's unavoidable.

I have not released the exact method because I don't want to debate about it. I went through a lot of scenarios with this to find a good way to do it and don't want to re-travel down that road.

With that said, it will take into account the most consistent top riders in the game who are at the front more often than not and also take into account who is signed up and how they qualify for the event.

When it comes to rider selection, it'll be like making replica tracks for MXS... Some guys won't care either way, most guys will bitch and moan about something, and a few guys will appreciate the effort and thought that went into it. I'm confident in the formula we've come up with.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Thanks Chris
m121c

Post by m121c »

mxsrider96 wrote:
Just wanted to shed some light here.

Completed Gear - Work Time: 1 Week (#gyazoquality)

Completed Graphics - Work Time: 1 Night (1-2 hour tops)