2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive!

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive!

Post by honda23 »

Hi guys! :D This is the track which will be used for the final round of the 2015 MXS Italian Championship!

Time has come! The Giant is still alive! The Final round of the 2015 MXS Italian Championship drops the gates at Namur as a wild-card track, the unique race throughout trees, houses, streets and so on, it was not simple to build it at all, expecially with no references, no go pro laps, only a smart map layout on google and some videos about races in the past. The track is mainly based on the 2004 version with some changes in the arena part. What makes the track recognizable are its famous objects and so it was worth doing some of them, therefore i would like to thank other people who have been involved in this project such as Vincent Delille for making an awesome castle, struggling to find the right sizes :D and Matteo Gusmerini who did other objects like the theatre, the bridge and the Namur cafè.
It's strange that no one has never tried to build it, this makes me even more curious of what you guys will think about the track and i'm sure that some one will release his own version after mine. Anyway...i hope you enjoy it!

STORY OF THE TRACK
Probably the young teenagers won't remember what the motocross track of Namur was like, because its roots belongs only to the past, as unfortunately, from 2008 on the Citadelle didn't host races anymore due to safety conditions. On the other hand, the mayor guys will clearly remember all the great battles there...the protagonists were names like Stefan Everts, Johnny O' Mara, Roger De Coster, Josh Coppins, Eric Gebores and so on. Namur hosted tons of races from the '50s and in particular 5 Motocross Of Nations (1951, 1956, 1959, 1965, 2001), that suggests how the track was important and how spectacular it was. The layout didn't had great changes and mainly was build like this: it started from a really large square where the theatre was located, then a down-hill jump introduced the woods, riders had to ride between houses, rocks, trees...after comes the first double step-down (the most brave riders doubled both of them :D), then a single step-down and another double step-down. At this point the track joined the street where the Namur cafè was located (not a pub anymore unfortunately): in the 1988 GP, Håkan Carlqvist won his last race and he stunned the spectators by stopping before the end of the 2nd moto to drink a beer, while leading the race by somewhat 50 seconds, and going back into the race to win it. That's awesome :D
Then followed a pretty long double jump to the double step-up, and...here comes the most beautiful part of the track: 4 massive up-hill jumps just near the castle of the Citadelle. Today that part is still alive and is used for mountain biking (like the rest of the track anyway). Then a pretty steep down-hill to the final jump into the arena once again to start a new lap.
Every rider who raced at Namur said he had had great times, the track was awesome and the atmosphere too and that's a pity that everything stopped after so many years of racing with people stunned by the beauty of those days. Despite that, we seriously hope a come back in the future, possibly very soon :D

DOWNLOAD
HIgh-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd7i3 ... gh.res.rar
Med-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8o8gd ... ed.res.rar
Low-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ayexx ... ow.res.rar

When waiting for the download you can check the on board lap here in the championship FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/75467130467827 ... 637390812/

CREDITS
- JLV: game
- TMFR: official sponsor
- EMF: hosting
- RKI Racing Team: help and beta test
- Vincent Delille: castle
- Rafagas: objects
- Haggqvist: gp objects, billboards and skybox
- Kyle Watts: decals
- Staydown: objects
- Twistmoto: track template and objects
- Matteo Gusmerini: objects
- Mxs teams: team trucks
- Anyone who i forgot

EMF website: http://mxsemf.com/news.php
Check the serie topic for updates: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36536

Have fun! :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive

Post by Wahlamt »

Finally out! This is going to be a blast! :)
Blake_901

Post by Blake_901 »

Challenging yet fun awesome job!
kxalex31
Team: Evergood

Post by kxalex31 »

track would be 10 times better if you had better traction
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

The traction could have been a bit better. But you totally nailed it with the layout and the Namur feeling.
If you go too fast, you're dead, if you go too slow, you're a pussy :D.

I got goosebumps riding it, and even my father wishing me a good night sat down and was pointing out, "oh we stood there with that GP", "Oh look, the big drop of the café". "Oh man, that big uphill" ... a moment of silence. "We will never see a track like that on the calendar anymore and not a single track will ever carry that much history".

Oh, and Fuck you France for 2001 :evil: :evil:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

scheeve3 wrote:The traction could have been a bit better. But you totally nailed it with the layout and the Namur feeling.

I got goosebumps riding it, and even my father wishing me a good night sat down and was pointing out, "oh we stood there with that GP", "Oh look, the big drop of the café". "Oh man, that big uphill" ... a moment of silence. "We will never see a track like that on the calendar anymore and not a single track will ever carry that much history".

So you're gonna drop CSGO for a night and race this race? ;)
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Wahlamt wrote:
scheeve3 wrote:The traction could have been a bit better. But you totally nailed it with the layout and the Namur feeling.

So you're gonna drop CSGO for a night and race this race? ;)
Thanks Frederik 8) i'll build thousands of Namur to make you race ahahaha
Tonimxer984
Team: TG Films

Post by Tonimxer984 »

Nice track,but a better traction would make this track 10 times more enjoyable...Thanks for the track,its still really good!!
2016 EMF SX 250 Amateur Champion
GlebVolkov
Team: Impact

Post by GlebVolkov »

Same as all guys, nice track but shitty traction, like all track of your series :/
10th 2015 EMF Pro Outdoors 450 | 3rd 2015 EMF Italian Pro Championship
honda23

Post by honda23 »

GlebVolkov wrote:Same as all guys, nice track but shitty traction, like all track of your series :/
For almost all of you guys i should have put the same grippy traction in every single track and i think this is not good because, like i said at the beginning, we wanted to replicate tracks the closest to the reality. A really dry hard pack track has not a grippy traction (i do motocross and i know what feels like), for example, cingoli and esanatoglia...i cannot put a mid pack soil traction on it like the USA Nationals. If you have paid much attention, in the previous round i put a really grippy traction, go test it and you will notice the difference between the other tracks.
In this case of Namur, i can tell it's a bit slippery too to be honest but, do you know how it feels like to ride in a forest between trees? It's moist everywhere so i thought it was a good idea to put this kind of traction...however traction is a really personal problem as i can see, i'll try to improve it in my next tracks.
Anyway, i am pleased you like the track :D
honda23

Post by honda23 »

GlebVolkov wrote:Same as all guys, nice track but shitty traction, like all track of your series :/
For almost all of you guys i should have put the same grippy traction in every single track and i think this is not good because, like i said at the beginning, we wanted to replicate tracks the closest to the reality. A really dry hard pack track has not a grippy traction (i do motocross and i know what feels like), for example, cingoli and esanatoglia...i cannot put a mid pack soil traction on it like the USA Nationals. If you have paid much attention, in the previous round i put a really grippy traction, go test it and you will notice the difference between the other tracks.
In this case of Namur, i can tell it's a bit slippery too to be honest but, do you know how it feels like to ride in a forest between trees? It's moist everywhere so i thought it was a good idea to put this kind of traction...however traction is a really personal problem as i can see, i'll try to improve it in my next tracks.
Anyway, i am pleased you like the track :D
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

One thing that is actually to consider, YZed specifically pointed it out to me is what part the decals play in the traction. I still haven't tried out this particular track, but I can only speak for the others. A lot of the tracks had a grey tone to it, rather than brown dirt. Actually I'm making a replica myself with "shitty" traction. Just by changing from the "realistic" grey decals to brown ones from another track, I could charge harder without falling. So it's a placebo effect. Grey/light, we assume that it's slippery (except for sand...). But for most tracks made for this game, at least how they appear to be, they do have too much traction, but it's nothing you really reflect over, since it's a game.
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Wahlamt wrote:One thing that is actually to consider, YZed specifically pointed it out to me is what part the decals play in the traction. I still haven't tried out this particular track, but I can only speak for the others. A lot of the tracks had a grey tone to it, rather than brown dirt. Actually I'm making a replica myself with "shitty" traction. Just by changing from the "realistic" grey decals to brown ones from another track, I could charge harder without falling. So it's a placebo effect. Grey/light, we assume that it's slippery (except for sand...). But for most tracks made for this game, at least how they appear to be, they do have too much traction, but it's nothing you really reflect over, since it's a game.
I missed that part, if so now i understand, but i didn't know about that.
bossman241
Team: POGO AH GO GO

Post by bossman241 »

crashes my game when i try to play it
TwistedMotor dropout | POGO MX recruit hopeful | RF D Class pro | holding it tapped 1st gear
Max1633du16

Post by Max1633du16 »

scheeve3 wrote: Oh, and Fuck you France for 2001 :evil: :evil:
Fuck Belgium hahahahaha Fred :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good Job for the track ! I have started it a long time ago but i nerver finished it ahahah ! Respect man ;)