KTM SX: 10600 Dawson Canyon Road

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

KTM SX: 10600 Dawson Canyon Road

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Based on the overhead photograph taken and published by VitalMX, I created what is intended to be a replica version of the Red Bull KTM SX practice track. Some minor modifications were made to jump/obstacle spacing, but all-in-all this was built directly on top of that overhead image.

DOWNLOAD TRACK HERE

Credit and much thanks to:
Chex - guidance and feedback, streaming while he builds so I can copy techniques that I comprehend, gravel decal, inspiring all to reach 7.5/10 status
Barrington/rF crew - majority of decals, from 2015sx tracks -->Please note - you WILL need 2015sx decals!
VMX_SKYmx99 - skybox, lighting, grass decal
and my greatest fear - I'm likely forgetting at least 1 person....

This being my first release, I kept it fairly basic and focused on track layout/scaling, so the environment will likely be lacking for some - sorry about that! Regardless, hope all enjoy, and feedback is always welcomed.

Have fun!
Aggressively Mediocre Image
BuzzedControlers
Crushed Dissenter
Team: StanceMoto|AUS|Owner

Re: KTM SX: 10600 Dawson Canyon Road

Post by BuzzedControlers »

rides well mate!
But Beat you too it ;)
Like the way your track rides mate

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37802
Big Smooth one3

BuzzedControlers wrote:rides well mate!
But Beat you too it ;)
Like the way your track rides mate

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37802
Wow, I remember yours now but had no recollection that is was the same lol my bad! Will definitely have to check yours out again to see differences and things I can improve upon. Thanks for the heads up and kind words.
BuzzedControlers
Crushed Dissenter
Team: StanceMoto|AUS|Owner

Post by BuzzedControlers »

anytime man your track rides very smoothly i like it!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Glad you got this to release!

A few things that can be improved.

I think the scale is definitely big, atleast compared to the 2016 SX tracks I've been working on. It rides fine at this scale as it is consistent, so not the end of the world.

The first whoops are pretty easy, I like the second set.

Faces/jumps are well built.

First long rhythm is really fun.

Wall jump is much improved after the beta.

Berms are the weakest link. They look and feel pretty much like blobs of earth, not really shaped like a berm. That'd be where I'd focus on. You can always use the ones from the template that is released.

Environment is simple but I have no complaints about it.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Only just seen this and thought its worth the bump great job Justinand also if your still struggling with the sx berms then this might help:
This is a gradient i tried to replicate from barrington in the 2015 sx tracks as i loved his berms so i checked them out in the the editor (you need to take your scaling into account when doing this can make a berm 1000x better) and is how they somewhat looked like, also having the flat top allows you to place bales if you were wanting to do that in the future. Rest of the track flows really well and i don't think environment is a big deal until at least you feel more comfortable with having your tracks at a high standard then i would say worry abit more about your environment
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Big Smooth one3

Thanks Aaron, appreciate the feedback. I build in PS, just never learned how to do it in editor and got frustrated with limited undo/redo when I tried, but seeing the gradient for the turn is still nice to visualize - especially the flat top for bale placement. I think I got a bit better overall with my Blue Quarry track, but I'm still far from exceptional. If you do decide to dl that one and ride the sx, 85% of it is literally just placement of jumps/berms from the Markham template at scale, plus a bit of elevation in a couple spots. On this one, I think I got a bit out of control with free-transforming and blurring berms that were already perfect, which I think turned them into the "blobs of earth" that chex mentioned (and I agree).

Thanks again for taking a few minutes to try it out and provide some advice, it's much appreciated.