Not Another Test Track

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Not Another Test Track

Post by staydown »

The title explains it all, another test track to mess around with just before SX season starts. I know it is a lot larger than a real life test track, but I think it still maintains a test track feel. Plus the larger size should allow for the 12 man gate to be utilized quite well. I created the track decals myself with exception to the dozer tracks which are from VMX_SKY. Besides that, I modeled the fence and water barriers, and also created an animated track watering guy. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i2mkz ... thertt.rar
staydown

Re: Not Another Test Track

Post by staydown »

forgot to mention, in game = Not Another Test Track
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

wow, looks great!

zacky66

Post by zacky66 »

wOw! thank you! looks awesome.
theargeman123
Team: Bud Clan

Post by theargeman123 »

Staydown you know how to please a man.
zacky66

Post by zacky66 »

zacky66 wrote:wOw! thank you! looks awesome.
I've been stuck in a barrier for 20 minutes and don't know how to get out. Don't want to restart game. Send help. AMAZING track!
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

You really captured the 'Test track' Feel on this track. Amazing job!
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

Looks great and rides great, thanks for this Staydown!
Nick van Gerwen
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Great track. Your layouts and general track design have always been a ton of fun, but I have never been a huge fan of your traction - but that doesn't apply to this one. Unless I had one-too-many glasses of Jameson before I played this last night, the change from your normal traction to what is on this track is much improved IMO. Thanks!
Aggressively Mediocre Image
staydown

Post by staydown »

Thanks for the feedback guys, traction has always been a complaint from people with my tracks and I guess that I just get used to the traction myself, but I wanted to try to make everyone happy. So prior to design,I asked for suggestions and I ended up using the traction from Motoboss's Finger Lakes track. As for my personal feedback, the only thing that I messed up, is the first lap is actually set up as 2 full laps. I thought that the firstap out of the gate would yield unrealistic lap times. But the way the game is set up, lap times are only taken from the second lap on. So a downfall to this track, is that your lap times won't start recording until your 3rd time around. Not a big deal, but it's one of those kick yourself moments.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

staydown wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys, traction has always been a complaint from people with my tracks and I guess that I just get used to the traction myself, but I wanted to try to make everyone happy. So prior to design,I asked for suggestions and I ended up using the traction from Motoboss's Finger Lakes track. As for my personal feedback, the only thing that I messed up, is the first lap is actually set up as 2 full laps. I thought that the firstap out of the gate would yield unrealistic lap times. But the way the game is set up, lap times are only taken from the second lap on. So a downfall to this track, is that your lap times won't start recording until your 3rd time around. Not a big deal, but it's one of those kick yourself moments.
I always think your traction is on point. This track is easily one of my favorites along with Horsin Around. Keep up the incredible work! Thanks!
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

I like everything about the track, but I'm not crazy about the sand section. It's great overall though for sure!
dumdum

Post by dumdum »

Idk if its me or not, but the link doesnt work :/
Specialized
Team: Private Racing ;)

Post by Specialized »

very cool track dude! but it is the first one i get a bad Framerate sometimes. idk why. :/
Braap#570
GKSracing104
Team: GeforceMX

Post by GKSracing104 »

Hands down my favorite track on MXS. You f*cking KILLED it. Awesome job on both the layout and the visual appeal!
Andy_Hack wrote:I'm honestly not really impressed.