Does anyone ever laugh at..

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Does anyone ever laugh at..

Post by beanz43 »

..the new animated kawasaki track maps for supercross? Looks like mx vs. atv....looks so shity. They should watch some mxsim hot laps. They'd be embarrassed.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Re: Does anyone ever laugh at..

Post by James_122 »

No
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

It actually IS MX vs. ATV Supercross.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can tell you by looking at the stiff neck while they are doing the lap it is MVA. They sponsor SX and I can guarantee you they can make a SX track for a promo.

Visually speaking I think MVA as an overall package looks better than MXS does. Still images in most cases it doesn't but video MXS is still so stiff it looks unnatural.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I laughed last week the guy was casing jumps and stuff :lol:.

On the practice livestream they had a guy from the game on, they're actually going to have OEM bikes again.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

As others have mentioned, it is the current MVA engine. However they said they won't be releasing the AMA tracks.

As a whole package, I think the MVA games do look better but there are certain things that look better in MXS. If we had better rider animations it could be a closer battle but it is what it is.
beanz43

Post by beanz43 »

aeffertz wrote:As a whole package, I think the MVA games do look better but there are certain things that look better in MXS. If we had better rider animations it could be a closer battle but it is what it is.
I'll agree that graphically MVA looks better for the most part. The scaling of the tracks look stupid though. So plus 1 for MXS on that. And I agree with the rider animations but the bike physics on MXS destroy MVA.

That being said, I still think MXS looks so much more realistic IMO. Thanks to all the modeler, skinners, and track makers! :D
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Obviously the physics kill any other MX game but that doesn't mean the rider actually looks better during the process.

I think some of the bikes coming out here recently are higher quality than MVA bikes. I know our tracks could look better if we weren't limited to the game's outdated engine. So it's tough. Obviously I prefer MXS overall, that's why I'm here but it's far from perfect.
beanz43

Post by beanz43 »

aeffertz wrote:Obviously the physics kill any other MX game but that doesn't mean the rider actually looks better during the process.
beanz43 wrote:bike physics on MXS destroy MVA.

Didnt say the rider looked good, I said bike physics is better. We definitely could use better rider animations though.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

People saying "Sim would be so much better" realize that the parent companies behind MVA: Supercross paid a lot of money to become a real sponsor to the events. If MXS were to take it's place JLV would need to offer more than a multi million dollar company.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Big money seems to always ruin authentic, difficult to master physics. Except iRacing.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

nickuzick wrote:People saying "Sim would be so much better" realize that the parent companies behind MVA: Supercross paid a lot of money to become a real sponsor to the events. If MXS were to take it's place JLV would need to offer more than a multi million dollar company.
Exactly, and I don't even want this game to grow a ton like those games lol could you imagine? The difference between the 1st Pro in RF qualifying and 40th guy in Ams would be like .5 seconds :lol:
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Big money seems to always ruin authentic, difficult to master physics. Except iRacing.
Also Dirt: Rally.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

aeffertz wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Big money seems to always ruin authentic, difficult to master physics. Except iRacing.
Also Dirt: Rally.
No.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ya, no.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.