How to be consistent

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
oplumb

How to be consistent

Post by oplumb »

I have been playing the game for about a year now, i'm struggling to be consistent are there any tips that people can give me to help?
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: How to be consistent

Post by LKR47 »

Find a setup youre comfortable with and keep playing, thats the only way to get fast and consistent.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

oplumb wrote:I have been playing the game for about a year now, i'm struggling to be consistent are there any tips that people can give me to help?
Slow down until you can mimic lap after lap with no crashes, even if it's a slow lap. Just focus on finiding smooth lines for you and work those until you can do them with your eyes closed. Then add a faster line in somewhere and work your laps with that new line until it's dialed.

Before I used to time trial and reset after every crash trying to just put in a burner. The best thing for me was to turn off that backup restarts button and just run races and race against them.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

aeffertz wrote:
oplumb wrote:I have been playing the game for about a year now, i'm struggling to be consistent are there any tips that people can give me to help?
Slow down until you can mimic lap after lap with no crashes, even if it's a slow lap. Just focus on finiding smooth lines for you and work those until you can do them with your eyes closed. Then add a faster line in somewhere and work your laps with that new line until it's dialed.

Before I used to time trial and reset after every crash trying to just put in a burner. The best thing for me was to turn off that backup restarts button and just run races and race against them.
I never realized I had a problem until you mentioned it! I absolutely have to turn off the restart button in time trial. I run about 1/3 of every sx track each week because I hit that damn button every time I crash. It's become an instinct. That's it.... I'm turning it off! Lol
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

That was my problem as well! It's frustrating at first because you have to wait to get up for no real reason in time trial but that's what makes you focus on not crashing. If you can just instantly reset, I feel like subliminally you care less about crashing since restarting is an option.