Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

So let me put a few things out their. This game is not a simulator. Atleast not on todays standard. This game feels honestly to share physics with unity based games in that hyper unrealistic inertia free floaty OMG this is so fake it's for 5 year olds style cell phone/ps2 era physics engine. Kinda like MX Superfly. But if you attempted to make a simulator with them.

Their are two physics models in this thing that calls itself a simulator. One which utilizes that god awful OMG you can actually drift in the wrong direction of the turn and hold it because nothings happening even close to the way it should and what happens in a berm, oh you cant turn at all... great. But hey the jumping assistance actually makes it to where it handles pretty well over the rythm sections/whoops etc. And the other which gives you a bit more grip as you should have and removes the opposite drifting to an extent (but not completely) and makes it to where you can get around a turn but then OMG a straight away. It wont stay straight. WTF kind of dirt bike wont stay straight and upright? WTF kind of dirt bike will literally fall over on you if you quit steering? Oh, I know, one that doesnt demonstrate proper gyro (wheels) and caster (steering) effects in any way shape or form. And then, what's that? Oh why look it's a jump. Prepare your anus. Yes between the bike being horribly unstable left/right and the complete lack of momentum/inertia physics from what I can tell combined with the horrid shapes of the jumps in this game and it becomes an impossibly unrealistic and infuriating task to complete a supercross straightaway. Why are the jumps so round on top that they actually have more convex area than concave area in the landing zones? ... And why the fuck is everything so god damn steep? QUIT USING 200* FOV ALREADY FFS!!! Use 60 or lower like you should have on a single monitor based on it's size and distance (42* for my FOV) and check out the vertical walls that are every tracks jumps. That's probably a large majority of the problem as yea hitting a wall jump at those speeds would throw you for quite the ride unpredictably going head over heals or vice versa. How bout we make some tracks accurately and not to whatever proviedes your masochist ass pro's who been playing this shit every day for the last 5 years an ample challenge. I dont give a single fuck how good you are at this game. An unrealistic track is an unrealistic track. In what supercross are whoops so big that stopping between the rollers you cant even see past them because they are as tall as you are on the MF bike? Like seriously.... NEVER HAVE I EVER! Fix that and maybe sim mode would be useable and close enough. But it still clearly has issues, when I barely come up short by like an inch and land a perfect front flip afterwards.... somethings fucking wrong. When I go up a dragons back and pull a back flip off of it accidentally and LAND the MFer half the time. Somethings fucking wrong. When i attack a non horribly scaled set of whoops and do what you do in real life and lean back and it causes the bike to do a fucking flip in some random direction possibly corkscrewing through the air 2 or 3 times before hitting the ground. ... Somethings deffintaley, horribly fucking wrong.

I've been playing this atleast 5 hours a week for the past 6 months now. I have the experience in video game/simulator physics to make this assesment considering I've spent 3 years blueprinting my car into rfactor and the surrounding hilsides of my home town to get the research I did on tire phyiscs implimented properly into the game. I can safely say that both physics models suck horrifically and need a do over.

I have one possible solution that would make a physics model that's atleast "useable" and that is to give the arcade mode the same grip as the sim mode and keep the lean limit but make the leaning behave like sim mode does with 100% leveling. That way it'll whip in the air like in sim mode and handle on the berms like sim mode, but it'll actually track straight and behave in a rideable, useable fashion over the jumps. You could do this by simply adding the arcade jump stabilizer and leveling behavior as seperate on/off options with both off being full sim mode as it is now. Or you could just fix arcade mode the way I described. Either way sim mode would be untouched and those who are not massochists and still want to play a MX game with the current real life tracks as they come out could still enjoy the game.

JLV if you cant do that ... I'm sorry man but I have to demand a refund this is utter bullshit. This game is nothing but a waste of my harddrive space as it sits and a cause of my ulcers reappearance. I've NEVER in 25 years of gaming hated a game this much. And trust me, I've been grounded as a kid from the strings of swearing and crying I've poured out at some older flawed games with glitches so bad you'd sink into the ground and get launched off the map everytime you pushed hard enough to beat the level. This is worse than that as it sits. Think about that for a second.

I'm done./rant /conundrum
nickuzick

Re: Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by nickuzick »

I hear mx vs atv supercross has sick physics. That might be what you're looking for.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

nickuzick wrote:I hear mx vs atv supercross has sick physics. That might be what you're looking for.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:/rant /conundrum/tears/sore anus
Here's an idea buddy, why don't you go make a simulator and show us how it's done.

All this game was intended to be was a fuck you to Mx vs ATV to show could balance a bike manually in a computer simulation.

It was never supposed to be a you beaut simulator.

I mean sure, this game has a lot of flaws, and could be improved 10 fold. But it's astounding how far this game has come physic wise from where it began.

You should be grateful this game even exists.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

I felt like you the first 3 months of playing this game as well but whatever you say, this is still the most realistic game out there.
You say you put in 5 hours every week for 6 months. I´ve been playing for at least 20 hours every week for the last 4-5 months and I can now maybe be mid-pack in an amateur event.
This game take a freakishly long time to get used to but when you start to get the right feeling for the bike and get the suspension the way you want, it starts to make sense.

Yeah I´ve also hated this game so much I wanted to cry but I always came back to it, its so addicting when you start to learn the flow of it all.
I also thought I was doing everything right and the physics engine just fucked with me all to often but as I practiced and got better it just started fixing itself, its hard to explain.

Turn the game off, go take a break for a couple of days and come back when you feel like it.
If I have learned anything while playing this game its that playing when mad/angry is the worst thing you can do. Its almost like going backwards.
Taking a break for a while and coming back whenever it starts getting too frustrating is the way to go.
dirtmonkey63

Post by dirtmonkey63 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:So let me put a few things out their.
*there.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:I've been playing this atleast 5 hours a week for the past 6 months now.
This game is not something that you can master in that amount of time. I have been playing this game for nearly 4 years and my skill level is still subpar. Throughout that 4 years I have been experimenting with different suspension setups, stability settings, gearing settings, you name it...and I'm still not as good as Hunter Root or the other guys. If you are having those problems with the game, it's just because you lack experience. Does this game perfectly match all these fancy terms and laws of physics like you're talking about? No. But it's better than any other motocross game that I have ever played, that's just my opinion.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:JLV if you cant do that ... I'm sorry man but I have to demand a refund this is utter bullshit.
Lol. I understand that you are frustrated with the game because believe me, I've been there. But don't come on the forums bashing the game and demanding a refund from JLV because 99.9% of the members of this community love this game...hence, why they are part of it. If you don't want to put in the time and effort to getting your setups right for you, then like stated above...go make your own simulator or go somewhere else.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

so basically you just suck and want the game to be dumbed down so that you can feel like you actually have a little bit of skill.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Oh look, another wall of text from you...

Dude, in your other thread 1 month ago you said you've had the game for 4 months, now you say you've had it for 6 months... Somethings off here. Pretty sure you just got the game and are mad you're not good at it. So you've played the game for over 21 hours and have had it for half a year, yet expect a refund because you're not good at the game? lol k

All your complaints about the physics are not true. You want the game to act like MX VS ATV, that's not realistic. Easier yes, but not realistic. And I'm sorry, but I don't even think you know how a dirt bike actually even handles. In another thread you said you've ridden a '95 CRF250 and a pit bike a few times years ago. If you've only ridden a dirt bike a few times in your life, I think it's safe to say you have no idea how a motocross bike handles at speed or in the air.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

So you want arcade physics with whips, haven't heard that one before :lol:
JMcdonell94
Team: Effertz Racing

Post by JMcdonell94 »

You want the bike to handle like one of these fuckers I think...

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What are you using for stability? Sounds like a very very stiff setting to emulate the arcade mode.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
m121c

Post by m121c »

You don't want realistic tracks trust me... go download one of Shadow's 1:1 scale supercross tracks and then you will realize how easy the supercross tracks really are.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:Rant

Crying

Sad

Anger

wtf

k bye
Yes.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:There are two physics models in this thing that calls itself a simulator. One which utilizes that god awful OMG you can actually drift in the wrong direction of the turn and hold it because nothings happening even close to the way it should and what happens in a berm, oh you cant turn at all... great.
What I think you would like here, is a slow and stable advanced setup, that leans over very slowly, but in the jumps, you would want a stabilizer "fading in" in the jump and fading out once you've landed? Fair enough for a "semi-arcade" mode.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:WTF kind of dirt bike will literally fall over on you if you quit steering?

It does that in real life too. If you would completely freeze in a position (minus the arms being soft so the front wheel can move freely), you would fall too. Because here you have to steer you rider where you want him. In real life you lean down in a turn, the you have to stop the leaning, right? Because if you continue to lean, you will lean until you fall on the ground. Same here. Once in a rut or so, you have to lean "up" a little, just enough to balance the bike in that angle you want it to be. Just that every other game ever automatically pulls the rider up. The bike wont grab you in real life and pull you up, you will have to do it yourself.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:Oh, I know, one that doesnt demonstrate proper gyro (wheels) and caster (steering) effects in any way shape or form.

I've had my fair share of moments in real life where I would have wished for more gyro effect. I'd say mxsim simulates that very good. But maybe you like the MVA untamed gyro physics?
RSmithDRIFT wrote:SX rant...
Too much rant for me to realize your full points. In real life, SX tracks are made for "only pros" to handle them well. So seems sim these days. To make it "equally" challenging needed compared to real life, steep stuff is needed.
RSmithDRIFT wrote:JLV if you cant do that ... I'm sorry man but I have to demand a refund this is utter bullshit.
You clearly have not spend enough time with it to learn. Heck it took me 4 damn years to be able to do a clean lap decently. And I am sure that I put more time into it than your 5h/week you mentioned, during my first year. You need to realize how this game works, take a step back, go slow and learn it. Once you got the basics, you will be faster and be able to ride much cleaner.

RSmithDRIFT: If you want to try a veery real replica both traction wise and size/shape wise of my local track, send me a pm. It is nowhere near as fun as you would think it is. This game needs at least 25% overscale to make it feel like real life + make it fun.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

So because you suck at the game, therefore the physics are garbage? That's all I gleamed from those logical fallacy filled paragraphs.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Did anyone else laugh while reading this shit?? This guy deserves a random rant each week! Like what really grinds my gears with RSmithDRIFT. I would read all of them. Just saying