MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by dbaum25moto »

i'll consider buying the game when I can leave the pit without crashing.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

dbaum25moto wrote:i'll consider buying the game when I can leave the pit without crashing.
How you can't even manage to get out of the pits just proves how little time you have given the game. I highly doubt that you are so stupid that you can't figure out how to ride in a straight line.

Direct lean: 20-25%
Stability: 100%
Make sure to learn when to sit and when to stand
Auto rider lean L/R
Traction control makes the sliding easier
Make sure not to have auto dab on, messes the whips/scrubs up for some reason.

You cant ride like you do in MX sim, take it slow and learn how to go fast.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I hate it still. I hate how the rider tries to control the bike instead of me. Its like MXS mixed with reflex and only the parts I hate about each.

Sorry I bought it.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Same story as this game. It'll come to you.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Difference being I had a want to be good at MXS. I feel nothing when I get home to play when it comes to MXB. Its not me picking favorites, I can not like something and like another without it being fanboyism.

Also, just so its clear, my hate for the game also doesn't come from 1 guy saying he would punch a hole in my face. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

There´s 2 things to a mod able game, the game itself and the community, i had a lot of fun with Mxs but the commynity sucked, not to offend anyone.
I can now say that i have never had so much fun in a online game since Mx bikes b4, the supermoto close racing and the fantastic people involved is amazing, the physics might not be the best yet but, after seeing some real life footage i´d say that mxb looks way more real, mxs is too damn fast and permisive to my taste, you can case huge double and keep riding, you cant lean to the sides after 8+ years of development, the rider doesnt let go the bike as you crash, the default bikes and tracks looks like a 2000´s game, and i´m not going to start talking about the unrealisticly stupid setups, wich can alter the core physics of the game, since those advanced setup sliders came out mxs died to me, wich is sad since i fucking loved this game :cry:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

mace-x wrote:In MXS you can case huge double and not have your front wheel go 1/2 way into the ground because the game actually simulates a rim.
Sorry, had to. I can only watch my front wheel dive into the ground and bounce back out at hyper speed so many times before I am required by law to make a snide remark.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

Pumaxcs wrote:Difference being I had a want to be good at MXS. I feel nothing when I get home to play when it comes to MXB. Its not me picking favorites, I can not like something and like another without it being fanboyism.

Also, just so its clear, my hate for the game also doesn't come from 1 guy saying he would punch a hole in my face. :lol:
I was not referring to you, but of course you can like one and dislike the other without being a fanboy. That was not the point i was trying to make.
Peter Johannes

Post by Peter Johannes »

I think thst MX Bikes is actually a cool game but in my opinion it will never be able to win against MX Sim
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Making tracks in this thing is such a PITA. Might just give up, no one knows how to do anything.
TeamHavocRacing

SMR 510RR wrote:Making tracks in this thing is such a PITA. Might just give up, no one is answering my questions.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

SMR 510RR wrote:Making tracks in this thing is such a PITA. Might just give up, no one knows how to do anything.
What do you need to know?
the documentation is poorly made, no question on that, check the track editing section, there´s some tutorials made by geofanatec :wink:

Nice wheelie havoc, the song lol! xD
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
TeamHavocRacing

Sorry I wasn't patient enough to wait for my edit...

SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

mace-x wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:Making tracks in this thing is such a PITA. Might just give up, no one knows how to do anything.
What do you need to know?
the documentation is poorly made, no question on that, check the track editing section, there´s some tutorials made by geofanatec :wink:

Nice wheelie havoc, the song lol! xD
I'm Bearded4Glory over there haha. I think I have everything I need now but it would have been so much easier if the documentation was 1/2 way decent. I even tried looking on GPB and KRP forums but all the tutorials are so old that the pictures are no longer up.

The whole process is so slow though, having to redo the .map file every time you tweak anything is crazy. It takes like 1/2 an hour with just the asphalt and curbs in so I don't even want to know how long it will take with more objects. IDK maybe that calculates the collisions as well and that is what takes a long time? Hopefully other objects won't slow it down much further.