Drouhst Mountain

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Situ781mx
Team: Privateer

Drouhst Mountain

Post by Situ781mx »

Hey everyone, here is a track I have recently finished. This is the second track I have released so if you have suggestions on what I need to change don't hesitate to tell me! Constructive criticism is always welcome. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to build the perfect rut then I am extremely ready to hear them! I have gotten better at ruts but I still do not really like the ones that I have made.

Thanks to JLV, Twistmoto, Checkers, haggqvist, DJ99X, and any others I forgot!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sb4co ... untain.zip

motohed2
Team: Temecula Motorports

Re: Drouhst Mountain

Post by motohed2 »

looks sick brah
nickuzick wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:05 am
trevorburns_ wrote:While racing in Dawson's 2018 Pre-Season SX, I was banned for no reason during the race.
fuck that's a harsh crime. I suggest the chair
motoshred11

Post by motoshred11 »

slicker than a witches titty
Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

Post by Cdod119 »

What technique do you use for rut making?
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

What technique do you use for rut making?
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
Situ781mx

Post by Situ781mx »

Well, because I'm still relatively new to track making I didn't know how to change the terrain and shaders. I just found out how to change that so they should improve. They were very choppy before and so i had to smooth them down till there was next to no rut. Now that I know how to change the terrain I should be good. Normally, I just do the gradient and sometimes I will use the raise and lower but I like the gradient better. Thanks!
Cdod119

Post by Cdod119 »

Situ781mx wrote:Well, because I'm still relatively new to track making I didn't know how to change the terrain and shaders. I just found out how to change that so they should improve. They were very choppy before and so i had to smooth them down till there was next to no rut. Now that I know how to change the terrain I should be good. Normally, I just do the gradient and sometimes I will use the raise and lower but I like the gradient better. Thanks!
Its purely personal preference, but try this. use the raise/lower through a whole corner just for general roughness, and then smooth it a bit, just so that the corner isn't smooth as glass. then use raise/lower again (I like it better than gradient, just personal preference) to make ruts as it is explained here viewtopic.php. For me, I think its better to make the rut about as twice as deep as it is tall, its just more realistic. If you can get the focus right you almost don't need any smoothing at all. its fun to have ruts connect or split too, and try to use the gradient to make a gradual slope through the corner, it makes the ruts better to hit. I hope this helped and like I said it's personal preference. Sorry for the long post :lol:
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith