SAF Creator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: SAF Creator

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can't wait for that gear. Keep up the good work and good luck with it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

hello!
i'm having some problems with the saf creator.
i'm tring to saf a track but when i open it up in game it has white decals and no statues..
i divided all of the track files in subfolders like in the tutorial, so i have models, skins and collision folders.
how am i supposed to set up the saf creator to make it work?
thanx :D
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

giopanda wrote:hello!
i'm having some problems with the saf creator.
i'm tring to saf a track but when i open it up in game it has white decals and no statues..
i divided all of the track files in subfolders like in the tutorial, so i have models, skins and collision folders.
how am i supposed to set up the saf creator to make it work?
thanx :D
Never tried safing before really, same thing is happening to me. If I don't strip the folder path (or if I do, I don't remember) none of the normal files in the main track folder have the track folder name (obviously, that's what the check box is for right?) so the track doesn't show in game then... If I don't strip it the track shows but there aren't any decals or the tilemap.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
AirFlexoxo

Post by AirFlexoxo »

http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/dow ... php?id=765

SAF creator link on the first post is down? I need this software please link me. Thank you
AirFlex, #354
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

Kasper Laustsen

Post by Kasper Laustsen »

wakestyle21 wrote:
SAFCreatorPreview.JPG
where do you download the saf creator becouse i cant download it anywhere and the link just takes me to microsoft
PrivateerBae69
Team: Privateer

Post by PrivateerBae69 »

Does anyone know why mine doesnt work? whenever i press run, it doesnt run it just acts like i didnt do anything, someone help plesase.
pm me if you can do gear for me
Wintertime

Post by Wintertime »

Where's the DL link?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wintertime wrote:Where's the DL link?
It's an attachment in the original topic
conz
Team: 888FACTORY

Post by conz »

hello, I'm new here, I want to download the SAF Creator but I cannot find the download link.
conz
Team: 888FACTORY

Post by conz »

Nevermind I found it lol
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

Important Note: You cannot SAF a folder larger than 2GB. You will see no error message and it will create a larger than 2GB file no problem, but the header won't write correctly and the skins will not load correctly in game.

I've been saving all my custom bikes/helmets/gear into a single .saf for the past few years, and ran into strange behavior today when adding some new skins. It seems that once I passed the 2GB size mark, I ran into the issue. Splitting the source folder into 2 .saf files smaller than 2GB fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.
Gucci#9473
baker

Post by baker »

clw1115934 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:22 am Important Note: You cannot SAF a folder larger than 2GB. You will see no error message and it will create a larger than 2GB file no problem, but the header won't write correctly and the skins will not load correctly in game.

I've been saving all my custom bikes/helmets/gear into a single .saf for the past few years, and ran into strange behavior today when adding some new skins. It seems that once I passed the 2GB size mark, I ran into the issue. Splitting the source folder into 2 .saf files smaller than 2GB fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

That seems like a good thing though. I’d imagine the code in sim that load safs has to parse them and unpack them which would take decently long for 2gb.