Real MX Pics

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Re: Real MX Pics

Post by Wilson156 »

Almost a month since Glen Helen and I'm finally on the road to recovery. Had a pretty bad crash through the rollers before you double single on to the start straight. I went outside before the rollers double triple double then tried to double off the small roller up an over the big one but clipped it and got kicked side ways into the next one and then kicked back the other way into the last one and when my back hit the last one I felt my ankle snap and then got kicked up over the bars and went feet first into the face of the double. My outcome was a shattered and dislocated talis and broken ankle. My first surgery was to get all the bones set in place and also a external fixator put on to keep them where they were supposed to be. Second surgery was 10 pins and a plate put in my talis and ankle. The talis is where the main blood flow to your foot is and the doctor said if if the blood flow doesn't correct itself the bone could die and then they will have to go back in with another surgery and fuse my ankle together so I'm hoping that it fixes itself because that will suck being 23 years old with a fused ankle for the rest of my life.

Robert Wilson | AektivCo
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ow! Bummer. You're looking right at the camera.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Wilson156 wrote:My outcome was a shattered and dislocated talis and broken ankle. My first surgery was to get all the bones set in place and also a external fixator put on to keep them where they were supposed to be. Second surgery was 10 pins and a plate put in my talis and ankle. The talis is where the main blood flow to your foot is and the doctor said if if the blood flow doesn't correct itself the bone could die and then they will have to go back in with another surgery and fuse my ankle together so I'm hoping that it fixes itself because that will suck being 23 years old with a fused ankle for the rest of my life.
Been there done that Monty. I broke both of my ankles in 2008 and on top of that I also dislocated my left one. My left ankle was broken in 10 pieces and my right ankle in 8 pieces. The doctor was going to amputate my ankle because the bones were so mangled that no blood was getting to my foot and it was going to die, my dad said F that take him to a different hospital that can figure it out, so they did.. I eventually had an external fixator, too, similar to yours. I currently have like 8-10 pins in my ankle, not sure how many tbh, and I still have them in my ankle to this day. No problems with it really, sometimes it feels stronger than my other ankle. The only time it hurts when I ride is if I run it over or slam it onto the swing arm and I feel the metal vibrate through my body :lol:

James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

That stuff is no joke. My friend has gone through 5 surgeries on his ankle and the next one will be to amputate. Keep an eye on that Monty.

Devin on the other hand, I don't care about your foot 8)
Huntermx164
Team: D&H

Post by Huntermx164 »

K. Hawkey
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Do you think sometimes is it all worth it? Riding is fun, but these kind of injuries is no fun, might not ride in the future let alone walk normally.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Kawasakis wrote:Do you think sometimes is it all worth it? Riding is fun, but these kind of injuries is no fun, might not ride in the future let alone walk normally.
I've asked myself alot. Especially last summer. In my second ride of the year I got a huck off of my bike over a double, I landed (my body) On the frontside of the landing. I Shattered my spleen into multiple pieces, and internally bled 2 or 3 (cant remember) liters of blood. Doctor said that I'm lucky to be alive. But I'm back on the bike today, so I dont know if I am stupid or crazy but something brought me back to my back. (Quitting racing never really crossed my mind :lol: )
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Kawasakis wrote:Do you think sometimes is it all worth it? Riding is fun, but these kind of injuries is no fun, might not ride in the future let alone walk normally.
I quit riding, my brother and Dad go to the track all the time and ask if I want to go and I choose not to. I don't know why, maybe it's the injuries over the years that's telling my body its better to just stay home.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Ddavis wrote:
I quit riding, my brother and Dad go to the track all the time and ask if I want to go and I choose not to. I don't know why, maybe it's the injuries over the years that's telling my body its better to just stay home.
What killed it for me was losing a job I loved due to breaking my wrist, after coming back from that I got a 450 and then just slowly lost interest. I have a perfect KX450 sitting next to my window and I haven't touched it in almost 6 months.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Post by rewrew421 »

You know what they say..... with age comes a cage :lol: Hope everyone makes a full recovery.

That said, I need a co-driver on various dates for the remainder of the 2016 season. If all goes well this could turn into a full time spot in 2017! Requirements are a Helmet and to be less then 170lbs(lighter the better). A 2 layer fire suit is also required for GNCC rounds. South central Indiana or Central Ky.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

Ddavis wrote:Name this kid
I just saw this lmao
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

onefoureight wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
What killed it for me was losing a job I loved due to breaking my wrist, after coming back from that I got a 450 and then just slowly lost interest. I have a perfect KX450 sitting next to my window and I haven't touched it in almost 6 months.
That's the thing. I'm losing my interest as well, too much money, time everything goes into it. And when you get injured you can lose your job, your health, you only live once, but sometimes it just doesn't worth it.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Jules
Team: TJFLEX

Post by Jules »