Knobby Hill MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
cheetahblood
Team: Privateer

Knobby Hill MX

Post by cheetahblood »

This is my first track release. I am pretty new to MX Sim and really enjoy making tracks for Sim. I have been working on a few but wanted to get one released to get some feedback so that the others don't suck as much. Thanks!

Knobby Hill MX
I would consider this a replicustom track. Localcross styled. If you are from around the Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, sort of area then the name might be familiar to you. The track is in Cosby, MO, and it was my favorite track growing up so I knew I had to make it. The track in real life would be boring and too tame to be replicated exactly in MX Sim so I had to spice it up a bit. The layout, flow, and elevation is a close replica but many jumps/sections have been changed/exaggerated.

Things I attempted to mimic on the track:
- The track IRL has some really sharp edges and some square jump faces so a few might catch you off guard.
- The track IRL has some turns that seem to only be there to collect water and get really deep.
- stair-stepped finish line
- last time I went to the track there was a sort of hip jump in the back which made me want to make a booter for this track. I made the jump face and landing about 45 degrees off axis so if you go outside to outside then it gets big, fast.

Credits:
I used a lot of stock billboards and statues
JLV for helping me with having my folders all in the wrong spot
Checkerz, Kellen, JGMX, Perry, I used lots of random stuff from multiple of each person's tracks.

Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m11e6qrlfhhr7 ... X.zip?dl=0
Team: CANVAS

Re: Knobby Hill MX

Post by 317 »

Looks great man! Thanks a ton for releasing/making it! :)
crf150r rider007

Post by crf150r rider007 »

Nice you should make more missouri tracks like soggy bottoms in sparta and kc moto in Adrian and midwest extreme park in merwin and challenge trax in kingsville.
cheetahblood

Post by cheetahblood »

crf150r rider007 wrote:Nice you should make more missouri tracks like soggy bottoms in sparta and kc moto in Adrian and midwest extreme park in merwin and challenge trax in kingsville.
Merwin is my next replicustom I am gonna make, however I got sidetracked with making a practice track so in the next couple weeks it will be out 8) . Then Kingsville. The other two I haven't been to, but I can look into making them after those.
kriley250
Team: Yoshiura Honda

Post by kriley250 »

This is weird, there is a bunch of random jumps that aren't there irl and the finish line isn't makeable, what size bike do you ride
cheetahblood

Post by cheetahblood »

kriley250 wrote:This is weird, there is a bunch of random jumps that aren't there irl and the finish line isn't makeable, what size bike do you ride
In the beginning of my post I mention that it is not an exact replica of the track, the layout and the idea of the track is supposed to be a replica but not the jumps. I find the rougher tracks more enjoyable so I added a lot of stuff to it.
luke552

Post by luke552 »

how do u download dropbox files now???
local practice champ...
MxVelocity747 wrote:bout to install kidz in yo mouf