Squad-Combat Realism

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
pulse

Re: Squad-Combat Realism

Post by pulse »

any one still playing this?
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

pulse wrote:any one still playing this?
hell ya!
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Post by Ezra »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:I pulled the trigger on the preorder.

IDK about the chipping on the AR though, they are anodized not painted so it won't chip but could get worn off but man that would take some abuse.
Awesome! I can believe the "worn" effect on on the M4's, especially on the RIS systems where maybe the solider has removed and attached multiple things over long periods of time. Plus I like the look they are going for on the upper and lower receivers, I'd rather be carrying a beat up, realistic weapon than a plastic looking fake one. I guess its all about immersion factor.

Great thing is, the developers of the game are trying to make it as realistic as possible and the setting in the modern time, which, in many of the shooters now don't do, included Arma 3.
I don't disagree my point is simply that anodizing doesn't chip but they have made it look like chiped paint. On an anodized piece of aluminum with that kind of wear it would have a feathered edge because it would be worn not chipped with such a clean jagged edge.

vs.

Its obviously different for other weapons like the AKs and SAW because they are steel so they would have some kind of coating like paint or powder coat or parkerizing or something like that.
AR's actually aren't anodized 99.99% of the time, they're Cerakoted! Even the complex camos, from brands like Daniel Defense, are all Cerakoted.

On another note, they did an epic job of copying the Trijicon ACOG in game, looks just like my ACOG in real life!
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

Sorry for the dp, but i feel like its really worth showing the cerakote as well as the overall accuracy of the game compared to real life, these guys really did do an amazing job.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Ezra wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
Awesome! I can believe the "worn" effect on on the M4's, especially on the RIS systems where maybe the solider has removed and attached multiple things over long periods of time. Plus I like the look they are going for on the upper and lower receivers, I'd rather be carrying a beat up, realistic weapon than a plastic looking fake one. I guess its all about immersion factor.

Great thing is, the developers of the game are trying to make it as realistic as possible and the setting in the modern time, which, in many of the shooters now don't do, included Arma 3.
I don't disagree my point is simply that anodizing doesn't chip but they have made it look like chiped paint. On an anodized piece of aluminum with that kind of wear it would have a feathered edge because it would be worn not chipped with such a clean jagged edge.

vs.

Its obviously different for other weapons like the AKs and SAW because they are steel so they would have some kind of coating like paint or powder coat or parkerizing or something like that.
AR's actually aren't anodized 99.99% of the time, they're Cerakoted! Even the complex camos, from brands like Daniel Defense, are all Cerakoted.

On another note, they did an epic job of copying the Trijicon ACOG in game, looks just like my ACOG in real life!
The spec that government contracts are required to deliver calls for a type III hard anodizing. Some specialty units may use something else but your run of the mill AR15 as used by the US military will be hard anodized.
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

That is true, just so ised to dealing with mil soec, non military issue stuff, which is all cerakoted
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

If you play squad you understand how hard it is to actually find and kill people

Then I show you this video and you are amazed

KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

I remember when I was playing on one of the forest maps and there was a bunker hallway and I was using the LMG class and like 10-15 people just kept walking down the hall and I was just mowing them down and they just kept coming. Was such an awesome moment
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

JayTaylor

Post by JayTaylor »

when does that update come out?
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

JayTaylor wrote:when does that update come out?
The 8th
JayTaylor

Post by JayTaylor »

dope. cant wait to give squad another chance!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

SQUAD IS SOME GOOD NOW

PLAY PLAY PLAY

pulse

Post by pulse »

Any one still play this?