Niklas Sandbox National (FREE)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Niklas Sandbox National (FREE)

Post by MXfish »

Since Niklas Sandbos National was payed content for 6 months, we will release the track for free.
Thanks to everybody supporting our work by buying the track!

Niklas Sandbox National is a full 3D scanned track for mx simulator. It was originally built in a sandbox and later scanned with Agisoft Photoscan.
All objects are self-made except the four wheelers (big thanks to ktmrider269)

There are a lot of approvements made compared to our previous tracks:

- Better and smoother scan gives a more realistic ground feeling
- The ground decals are in terms of performance and aesthetics highly improved
- There is a normal-res and a high-res version

Have a look at the trailer:

The original track in the sandbox compared to some screenshots:

The download will be about 200MB. There is also an object pack for track makers, which includes statues and billboards from this track.

Mediafire download link:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ueg0b5 ... ional_free
Website for more information:http://niklas-sandbox-mx.weebly.com/

You can also watch a track review by Spencer Turley:
MXfish

Re: Niklas Sandbox National (FREE)

Post by MXfish »

Troubleshooting

1. lagging or "Out of virtual memory" error:

Mx sim has some perfomance issues when it comes to high res textures (8k), which i had to use fo the ground decals. Regardless if you have a good pc, try to use settings like this or lower:

2. Some parts of the terrain are black:

This can happen if you try to change the track in the editor. So just delete your changes in your personal folder.
Jobobo812

Post by Jobobo812 »

Yay!!!!!
mt212MX
Team: RithMX

Post by mt212MX »

SO SICK!!!!!
MX Simulator Skins & Custom Tracks
I Create Custom Skins & Tracks (PM ME) I charge $00.00
My Creations - http://www.facebook.com/mt212MX
Your Support Helps - https://www.paypal.me/mt212MX
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Yeah, Cause that makes sense. Also boosts people's want to pay for good content by giving it to people for free after charging for 6 months.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
DangerJoe
Team: Privateer

Post by DangerJoe »

Hahahaha id be so annoyed right now if I'd paid for it. thanks for the release anyway !
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

DangerJoe wrote:Hahahaha id be so annoyed right now if I'd paid for it. thanks for the release anyway !
I paid for it. Not the slightest annoyed since it is or was 2$ I'd like to recall and it was far enough away. However I can't remember seeing that it'd be free, that would have been a nice heads up. If that mistake was on my part, my bad. Still a dope track.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Wahlamt wrote:
DangerJoe wrote:Hahahaha id be so annoyed right now if I'd paid for it. thanks for the release anyway !
I paid for it. Not the slightest annoyed since it is or was 2$ I'd like to recall and it was far enough away. However I can't remember seeing that it'd be free, that would have been a nice heads up. If that mistake was on my part, my bad. Still a dope track.
Total agreement. I would love to see creators getting paid atleast SOMETHING for their time other than thank yous. Jus felt like there should have been a disclaimer or something lol Im also okay with paying for the track, it was worth it.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

I'm not against content creators getting paid, if you read the original release you'll see that. just I'd be annoyed if I'd paid for something which then became free
MXfish

Post by MXfish »

For the last weeks there was a big note on the website, telling that the track will be free at the 1st of May.
So everybody who bought the track during this time, should have been aware of the free release.
G_Monaay147

Post by G_Monaay147 »

The future of sim is upon us.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

Not really angry about it, my personal opinion on paying for content is the "I would have donated to this guy anyways because we should be happy anyone makes anything for this game anymore, and i'm happy to support content creation that i know a lot of work went into." type of thing. Everyone seems to be going with this method, i have no issue paying for it, i'm not angry that its free now. This is still wonderful work, something we had never seen in sim until he brought it here so i was happy to support and pay for it, plus he made it much cheaper then what it was probably worth. This is just my opinion on it.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

I realize this is a couple of months late, but I'm new to MXS and this is the most exciting thing I've seen from any MX video game in a long time. This takes me back to when I was a kid building tracks for my toy dirt bikes in the backyard or in the pits between motos. Getting your hands dirty seems so much more enjoyable and organic than sitting at the computer. I'd love to hear more details about the process.

Also, great work on the in-game track itself. It's a lot of fun to ride, even for a beginner, and it has an excellent, unique look.

Thanks for the hard work!
MX_Cardinal

Post by MX_Cardinal »

Niiice! I might try to make my terrain out of clay and take a photo of it sometime for some of my tracks!
MXfish

Post by MXfish »

Here you can watch an alpha state sneak peak on my upcoming 3d scanned supercross track. Should be out next month for free.
I hope you enjoy it!