Off camber wipe outs

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

Off camber wipe outs

Post by jtrs61 »

so, I feel like I have a pretty decent suspension set up tbh... the ass end gets a lil swappy at times but im makin it around the track pretty well I think... so, if there is any off camber section of track the bike gets really loose... depending on the severity of the camber, it can get to if I steer into it any tiny bit the front end will just wash out... extremely bad if i go over the lip of a berm... any suggestions? is this a preload adjustment or somewhere in advanced stability?
GBeastly1999

Re: Off camber wipe outs

Post by GBeastly1999 »

If you lean forward as you're turning, you will add weight to the front wheel. This will give the tire a little more traction, giving you less of a chance to slip out. Also if you preload on either your forks or shocks is too high than the other one, this will cause you to swap out more. If you need help with tuning your suspension a little, I can provide assistance for you. This will give you a better turn in corners that have camber, or ones that don't. P.M. me back if you want help.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

GBeastly1999 wrote:If you lean forward as you're turning, you will add weight to the front wheel. This will give the tire a little more traction, giving you less of a chance to slip out. Also if you preload on either your forks or shocks is too high than the other one, this will cause you to swap out more. If you need help with tuning your suspension a little, I can provide assistance for you. This will give you a better turn in corners that have camber, or ones that don't. P.M. me back if you want help.
False if you put your weight on the front tire in off camber turn, your most likely to slide out keep weight neutral on the bike.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Bubba40 wrote:
GBeastly1999 wrote:If you lean forward as you're turning, you will add weight to the front wheel. This will give the tire a little more traction, giving you less of a chance to slip out. Also if you preload on either your forks or shocks is too high than the other one, this will cause you to swap out more. If you need help with tuning your suspension a little, I can provide assistance for you. This will give you a better turn in corners that have camber, or ones that don't. P.M. me back if you want help.
False if you put your weight on the front tire in off camber turn, your most likely to slide out keep weight neutral on the bike.
Don't listen to this noob
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

Don't listen to this noob[/quote]

suggestions then?
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

jtrs61 wrote:Don't listen to this noob

suggestions then?[/quote]
Hold it wide
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

so i'm super slow at this game, so take my advice with a grain of salt. BUT..... Ive found that sometimes going into a corner a gear too high can help stabilize the bike in the turn a little. you can still hold It wide open but it wants to wash out less. Now obviously the fast guys get it In the right gear and hold it wide open and don't crash, but I honestly don't know how they do it.

Just figured id throw my 2 cents in. I wish there where more technique type threads like this on the forum.