The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by LKR47 »

Phathry25 wrote:WRS beta 9 out.
Just got it the other day for the sprint cars. Have you had any trouble where if you flip core.exe crashes?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Oh yea. Hell I get them when I don't flip. He has said he can recreate them now, big surprise since they're happening every 10 seconds or so for me. So hopefully he can get them ironed out. I don't have any trouble with that type of crash when playing with my dirt cars. Or flipping, they all react decently.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I think similar situations lead to core.exe crashes in MX Bikes. When the tire seems to dig into the dirt layers it crashes. How far has your mod come along Phat?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

I havent had a single problem with mxb or gpb, just with the sprint cars in wsr. Good to hear that he knows its crashing and is finding a solution because it definitely feels better than rFactor sprint car mods to me, even with the one lap I get to do before it shits out on me.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Core crashes and ODE normalization errors are different problems to the best of my knowledge.

Core crashes seem to have more to do with terrain deformation/groove on the asphalt games.

The ODE errors are mostly limited to the sprint car and huge impacts. To me it acts like a collision error. Huge numbers causing problems. Tires pressing through the track surface. Or body work through the walls.

Didn't do much on the mod over the summer. Have been back to work recently, got a real driver on board. For dirt track stuff though. Its been going well, had some excitement take place last night after measuring up his car and putting it in game and it worked first try.
TeamHavocRacing

I see Phat & Nash online. I wonder if they are as happy as a little girl that the quattro dropped in iRacing. I sure am...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I see Phat & Nash online. I wonder if they are as happy as a little girl that the quattro dropped in iRacing. I sure am...
I bought it, did a lap at lemans, realized I need my H-pattern and stopped driving it. I'm in my dorm and barely have room for my wheel alone so I couldn't bring my shifter. :( Next week's announcement should be good though, especially since it's 90% guaranteed it'll be another historic car. Imagine a historic multiclass series running it's own 24 hour of lemans. :P

MadCape registered for the NEO series in the HPD. Currently I'm not on the roster due to real life driving but I'll probably be doing a few races. A few of us are working together to try and get our pro licenses from the iGPS. (F1) The schedule doesn't conflict at all with my real life schedule and I've always had a thing for the MP4-30. Top 10 in points get their WC license, 11-20 get their Pro. If that doesn't work out, Michel de Jonge, Nick Rowland and I may enter into the Blancpain Pro series. So I guess we'll see how it goes.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing

Good luck in real and imagined racing Robert! Bummer about the shifter. It takes quite the thrash to get that quattro to want to rotate.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Good luck in real and imagined racing Robert! Bummer about the shifter. It takes quite the thrash to get that quattro to want to rotate.
Thank ya. I usually drive sequential cars so I'm doing okay without my shifter. :P

The new Mazda ZX-T is an absolute blast. It's an h-pattern car but I can run it like a sequential. May need to do a race or two in it this week since they started a series for it and the Audi.
TeamHavocRacing

Robert196 wrote:Next week's announcement should be good though, especially since it's 90% guaranteed it'll be another historic car.
Damn right it's good! Nissan GTP ZX. The iRacing video shows the controversial Portland race where the flagman threw the checkers 3 laps too early and Nissan lost the appeal! I'm so glad I got to see the racing back then. You could see the glowing brakes from halfway across the facility. Stoked!
TeamHavocRacing

DiRT Rally is half off. Best 30 bux you'll ever spend outside Tijuana.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/

Q: Why did Michael Jackson go to J.C. Penny?
A: He heard boy's pants were half off.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Robert196 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:I see Phat & Nash online. I wonder if they are as happy as a little girl that the quattro dropped in iRacing. I sure am...
I bought it, did a lap at lemans, realized I need my H-pattern and stopped driving it. I'm in my dorm and barely have room for my wheel alone so I couldn't bring my shifter. :( Next week's announcement should be good though, especially since it's 90% guaranteed it'll be another historic car. Imagine a historic multiclass series running it's own 24 hour of lemans. :P

MadCape registered for the NEO series in the HPD. Currently I'm not on the roster due to real life driving but I'll probably be doing a few races. A few of us are working together to try and get our pro licenses from the iGPS. (F1) The schedule doesn't conflict at all with my real life schedule and I've always had a thing for the MP4-30. Top 10 in points get their WC license, 11-20 get their Pro. If that doesn't work out, Michel de Jonge, Nick Rowland and I may enter into the Blancpain Pro series. So I guess we'll see how it goes.
Bought the Audi and the Nissan GTP and the BMW AMG. Drove the Nissan first and was surprised with how much grip it had, drove the Audi next and kept going off track from understeer. Drove the BMW and seemed pretty close to McClaren without doing a direct comparison. 3 days later my subscription expired :lol:. Probably going to wait until the black friday/November deal comes around again to subscribe again.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

I have a setup that rotates the car better, torque split tweaks help too.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah it was just the baseline setup and I never messed with it so I figured that was apart of the problem. The Nissan was really fun to drive right off the bat though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

yzmxer608 wrote:BMW AMG
When did they release a BMW Mercedes? :P