3D Modeling

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

3D Modeling

Post by zebzone235 »

I dont know if there already is a thread like this so remove if it's in the way

Thread about 3D modeling basically

These are some of my shitty creations

Benjii_D

Re: 3D Modeling

Post by Benjii_D »

There is one for 3d animation/renders. there is some models in there. but I don't think there is a 3d modeling thread http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8639
zebzone235 wrote:Image
wankel <3
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

Benjii_D wrote:There is one for 3d animation/renders. there is some models in there. but I don't think there is a 3d modeling thread

wankel <3
Oh hell yeah you know what's up. I prefer the gen 1 tho but shit did you model that?

I only made this crap hahaha

zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

Modeled a Scania stututut in Blender. Sits at 4k verts

Im gonna do some touch ups tomorrow tho because im not proud with it :lol:
rmzracer92
Team: Privateer

Post by rmzracer92 »

Pretty terrible but heres my first ever time 3D Modelling

zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

rmzracer92 wrote:Pretty terrible but heres my first ever time 3D Modelling

Not bad at all. Did you follow a guide or freehand it?
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

zebzone235 wrote:
rmzracer92 wrote:Pretty terrible but heres my first ever time 3D Modelling

Not bad at all. Did you follow a guide or freehand it?
I free handed the whole thing, its part of my college work so i had to 3D model it from scratch.
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

Redid some things, looks better now
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

When you are 3d modeling its best to try to make the model into separate pieces like they would be in real life. For example, the outlet of the cold side of the turbo has a bad seam where it transitions from the round section to the straight section. Also, the round portion should actually be more of a scroll shape that starts from the center and moves outward as it curves around. Reference images are your friend. Same issues with the hot side.
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

SMR 510RR wrote:When you are 3d modeling its best to try to make the model into separate pieces like they would be in real life. For example, the outlet of the cold side of the turbo has a bad seam where it transitions from the round section to the straight section. Also, the round portion should actually be more of a scroll shape that starts from the center and moves outward as it curves around. Reference images are your friend. Same issues with the hot side.
Everything is separated as it would irl. The rough transition from the turbo housing to the intercooler piping is a little annoying but i'll be ao baking it and exporting ti to a game, with some trickery i think i can make it dissapear
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

zebzone235 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:When you are 3d modeling its best to try to make the model into separate pieces like they would be in real life. For example, the outlet of the cold side of the turbo has a bad seam where it transitions from the round section to the straight section. Also, the round portion should actually be more of a scroll shape that starts from the center and moves outward as it curves around. Reference images are your friend. Same issues with the hot side.
Everything is separated as it would irl. The rough transition from the turbo housing to the intercooler piping is a little annoying but i'll be ao baking it and exporting ti to a game, with some trickery i think i can make it dissapear
No it isn't that would be one piece.

Do what you want, just trying to give you some constructive feedback.
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
zebzone235 wrote:

Yeah that's one peice like in the picture, I made the pipe out of the turbo as a separate mesh but joined them together.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

zebzone235 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:
zebzone235 wrote:

Yeah that's one peice like in the picture, I made the pipe out of the turbo as a separate mesh but joined them together.
When I say single piece I mean one mesh.
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
zebzone235 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:

When I say single piece I mean one mesh.

Oh i get it. I dont know how that would work tho, im not that experienced, i basically only make stuff my extruding, scaling, using the array tool screw tool boolean tool and edge split tool.
zebzone235

Post by zebzone235 »

Made a quick 5ton axle and a long travel shock for a mud truck project