The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by yzmxer608 »

Uh, you know when they had that merger a while back :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I was already excited about the Audi and Nissan before iRacing dropped 'em. The posters have been there 10 years.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Anyone into ets2 or ats? I really want to get a wheel with shifter, tracker ir, and the 10/13/18 speed shifter addon. Sim games always screw you on the full immersion aspect. I'm not hardcore into racing games so it's a hell of an investment for one game 500$ easy.
TeamHavocRacing

That's your prerogative what you want to do with it. That said, you'll be well set to branch out into other much better driving sims(reality-wise). Two of them come directly to mind. DiRT Rally and rFactor 2. Most kids are bored by pure racing, so I'm gonna lump you into that group and assume you'd like drifting. Assetto Corsa combines many styles of racing and drifting as well, so it's a good choice to have variety. Beam NG: Drive is too much fun to miss as well. If you get all that gear just to drive a trucking sim, then I'd also assume you'll love Farming Simulator.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I didn't think people were that into trucking sims.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

Wheel recommendations for a cheap wheel that has a h pattern stick shift and pedals with a clutch (Without a shifter is fine too)?

Obvious answer is a refurb G27. However, there seems to be a lot of issues with the G27 and Windows 10 lately. Not to mention the ridiculous pricing on some of the refurb G27's. I mean come on it's a wheel made in China. It's decent for it's price not the best wheel ever made though. Then you have the new G29/G920 which is basically a G27 that's more expensive and does not include the shifter. :evil: If going the refurb g27 make sure it's certified by logitech? Never bought anything refurb before so I'm a little skeptical.

I'm looking around $200 the new logitech wheels are a little too pricey for me. May be a Black Friday sale will have them cheap.
TeamHavocRacing

Get a G29 and paddle shift while you save up for the Thrustmaster TH8 shifter that'll last 20 times longer than the Logitech one. My G27 still works fine after 5 years, but the shifter has plastic internals that get all effed up and it pops out of 5th and goes to third, blowing the engine in some sims. :oops:
I'd say that's the cheapest way to get a solid setup. G27 is priced out of relevance now.
On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Get a G29 and paddle shift while you save up for the Thrustmaster TH8 shifter that'll last 20 times longer than the Logitech one. My G27 still works fine after 5 years, but the shifter has plastic internals that get all effed up and it pops out of 5th and goes to third, blowing the engine in some sims. :oops:
I'd say that's the cheapest way to get a solid setup. G27 is priced out of relevance now.
Thanks for the input. I figured the g29 was the way to go. G29 seems a little better than g920 more buttons on wheel which is nice. I was eyeing up that thrustmaster th8a really nice shifter. Guess I'll keep an eye out for deals not like I need everything right now.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Has anyone else tried WRC 6? I've played it a bit and I like it a lot. Curious what others think about it
TeamHavocRacing

After getting a little tired of RSRBR, I got WRC 4 and played for a while. Right around that time early access for DiRT Rally hit the scene and I never looked back. As far as WRC 6 goes, if there's no demo you'll have to decide if it's worth not going with DiRT Rally. Get both if you can afford it.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Been playing a ton of rF2 lately. Should've been listening to Phat all these years... :P
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing

So, what your favorite mod and track combo?
TeamHavocRacing

It would be cool if the rF2 racers in here could race online sometime this holiday weekend. Whatchyall think?
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:So, what your favorite mod and track combo?
The Endurance mod or the new USF 2000. I've always had a thing for LMP cars and hopefully one day I'll be racing the USF2000. Doing most of my races on VIR since it was released this week and it's my home track.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:It would be cool if the rF2 racers in here could race online sometime this holiday weekend. Whatchyall think?
I haven't updated my online subscription, but I'd race if enough people would do it.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |