Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
Versus-PC_Official
Team: VersusPC.com

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by Versus-PC_Official »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Thatll look good with the red number 1 plate for emf sx^^^ ;)
+1
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

Jre wrote:The best artworks (3D models, illustrations, logo designs, traditional paintings, whatever) are always made by visually talented people. Somewhere there goes the border when practiced eye can basically tell from the artwork if people are really talented (creative) artists or just learned the techniques well. The combination of these two, eye and techniques will do wonders. Later I realized the fact that you really need to be creative or you're going to be in trouble. A lot of sketching, thinking, creative ideas and stuff, every day during our projects (animation or games).
Also I wouldn't forget that creativity helps a lot in the technical part of 3D modeling as well. It helps you to figure out things like poly flow and other important solutions in more clever ways.
Thanks to all you helpful reply's guy's. I'm a decent drawer so I think I think I'll give that a shot before I start modelling what ever I'm going to model. You're right It would be allot easier to make your poly flow better if you were to draw it out first instead of making it up while your modelling.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Do I need to invert the Red and Green channels on the norm for MXS? I forgot how to invert them...
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Yes, if youre using photoshop you can open the channels window click the red and press control+i and the do the same for the green channel.
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

I didn't really want to post this here but since a few of you modeller's just want to ignore my pm's (Thanks guy's) I'm just going to post it here instead. I just wanted to see what you guy's think of the poly flow. I'm only just learning to model. I had few goes remaking this and this is the best poly flow out of them all. Still needs a few things done to that radiator shroud. Constructive criticism on the poly flow would be helpful please.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

get rid of the "double lines" thats gonna give you hard time when doing highpoly bakes ;) you should try to make the polygons pretty much even. JRE posted pic of his mesh here some time ago, check it out, he is the best around here in modeling sweet looking lowpoly
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

p2sta wrote:JRE posted pic of his mesh here some time ago, check it out, he is the best around here in modeling sweet looking lowpoly
Wow thanks man
Beast2013 wrote:but since a few of you modeller's just want to ignore my pm's (Thanks guy's)
Well you have to realize that some of us may also have another life behind the forum account so it's not always easy to answer inside 24 hours. You're welcome :wink:

Here is my lowpoly. It's not the most recent one with all the parts but it works well for this (I triangulated all the new stuff pretty much straight after UV unwrapping). Also this is by no means "the only right way" and may not be the most optimized ever as it could be, but these things don't matter as far as you get the result clean enough. Could be possible to do it like twenty different "good" ways easily but the result would look exactly same in game than this way, is what I mean. So don't be too afraid of creating your own polyflow, if it just works. Yours is not bad, but you can compare to my model and you clearly see the things I would do differently.

And this is the high poly I got from the low poly mesh in few minutes per part basically just by adding the subsurf modifier and throwing some edge loops here and there in the right places. Looks clean so the low poly mesh was good enough.

broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Jre wrote:
p2sta wrote:JRE posted pic of his mesh here some time ago, check it out, he is the best around here in modeling sweet looking lowpoly
Wow thanks man
Beast2013 wrote:but since a few of you modeller's just want to ignore my pm's (Thanks guy's)
Well you have to realize that some of us may also have another life behind the forum account so it's not always easy to answer inside 24 hours. You're welcome :wink:

Here is my lowpoly. It's not the most recent one with all the parts but it works well for this (I triangulated all the new stuff pretty much straight after UV unwrapping). Also this is by no means "the only right way" and may not be the most optimized ever as it could be, but these things don't matter as far as you get the result clean enough. Could be possible to do it like twenty different "good" ways easily but the result would look exactly same in game than this way, is what I mean. So don't be too afraid of creating your own polyflow, if it just works. Yours is not bad, but you can compare to my model and you clearly see the things I would do differently.

And this is the high poly I got from the low poly mesh in few minutes per part basically just by adding the subsurf modifier and throwing some edge loops here and there in the right places. Looks clean so the low poly mesh was good enough.

I love the clay color ;) Awesome looking bike Jre
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Polyflow doesn't look that bad at all beast! Good job :)

To be honest, I remake some parts quite a lot. Mostly plastics, since IMO they're by far the hardest to get right, with a good polyflow. I'm not the best modeller around. But some parts of my models aren't 100% correct to the reference images that I use, due to getting my polyflow flow better. This is not something huge, they're small differences. These very small differences aren't noticable at all, yet the polyflow is better.
Jre wrote: And this is the high poly I got from the low poly mesh in few minutes per part basically just by adding the subsurf modifier and throwing some edge loops here and there in the right places. Looks clean so the low poly mesh was good enough.
That's sick! Just a few minutes per part? On most of my models I spend hours on getting it decent, and then I'm still not happy. I have to admit that I'm not the best at lowpoly to highpoly modelling. That's because I still lack some skills, and because my polyflow probably could be a little bit better in some parts.

My 2017 kawisaki is going very good so far tho! A couple lowpoly parts left. After that I'll clean some parts up, maybe even add some more details and then it's time for the highpoly. Not on my pc at the moment so can't post a picture.

Currently around 23k tris with my kawi.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

rmzracer92
Team: Privateer

Post by rmzracer92 »

XRIG Rocs...
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

Sorry for spam :s any improvements?
ScrubDatMx
Team: Late Night Crew

Post by ScrubDatMx »

funkychicken wrote:Sooooo... Anyone working on an Alta bike model possibly? I know it's being hated on a lot but I think it's really cool and it'd be nice to have it in the game :D
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

rmzracer92 wrote:Sorry for spam :s any improvements?
They look good, keep at it!
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

mack| spokes wrote:
rmzracer92 wrote:Sorry for spam :s any improvements?
They look good, keep at it!
thanks man!