Naming cutouts for bikes

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
GBeastly1999
Team: Privateer

Naming cutouts for bikes

Post by GBeastly1999 »

Hey, I need some help naming some cutouts. First time trying and I cant seem to figure it out by myself. Any help is welcome.
nickuzick

Re: Naming cutouts for bikes

Post by nickuzick »

Cutouts are only for graphics. You can put a cutout in game but you should put it on a diffuse first
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

nickuzick wrote:Cutouts are only for graphics. You can put a cutout in game but you should put it on a diffuse first
What he means is put it on a model, just saying this i case you don't know the terminology, a diffuse map is a texture map for a 3D object, not the model itself
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

rmzracer92 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:Cutouts are only for graphics. You can put a cutout in game but you should put it on a diffuse first
What he means is put it on a model, just saying this i case you don't know the terminology, a diffuse map is a texture map for a 3D object, not the model itself
No...

What he means is that cutouts only have bike graphics not the other components and no shading or any other detail. You need to merge your cutout with the rest of the template to make a diffuse map of your graphics.
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
rmzracer92 wrote:
No...

What he means is that cutouts only have bike graphics not the other components and no shading or any other detail. You need to merge your cutout with the rest of the template to make a diffuse map of your graphics.
I'm not replying after this because I'm not going to have a argument with u over this haha, but all I was trying to do was explain what Nick meant by a diffuse map, because if he didn't know that you need to put graphics on a model before putting them in game then I doubt he would know what a diffuse map is, I wasn't trying to be a dick...