Motocross Game Development Livestream

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Motocross Game Development Livestream

Post by LKR47 »

In case you guys havent seen it yet, here is a preview of our base track editor. More features are being added to it regularly.
Thank you guys for all of the support, we really appreciate it.
https://lcqstudios.com/track-editor-preview/
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

LKR47 wrote:In case you guys havent seen it yet, here is a preview of our base track editor. More features are being added to it regularly.
Thank you guys for all of the support, we really appreciate it.
https://lcqstudios.com/track-editor-preview/
Man, it looks in development and already looks awesome.

I have notice that the objects doesn't make a real time shadow... it's bc it's still in development or bc the objects will not make their own real time shadows?

Also, I think a number escale in the raise, lower, amount, smooth tool it's necxesary. Without a number, we couldn't make the jumps with the same height and width.
Same thing with the objects. I would want all the hay bales to have the same size but if I haven't got reference numbers I couldn't make all the same.

Talking about the objects, a cool thing would be to be able to set them in the air or trough the ground. I mean, I have two hay bales and I want them to be one on top of the other. In Sim you can edit this by playing with the black numbers below.

Code: Select all

[1020.920532 [b]0.000000[/b] 290.621338] 3.129686 @VT.ALL.IN/statue/endfence.jm @VT.ALL.IN/statue/endfence.png null
Also, keeping an object straight no matter if it's in the middle of a ramp is by changing the black numbers below for a -15.

Code: Select all

[code][1020.920532 0.000000290.621338] [b]3.129686[/b] @VT.ALL.IN/statue/endfence.jm @VT.ALL.IN/statue/endfence.png null
[/code]
To be able to edit this in the Track Editor would be a killer point.

Will the editor have some kind of gradient tool? I'm afraid of having to use photoshop to make the brushes... I know how to use PS, but it will be a step back for all the new people who will buy the game having no idea what motocross is.
The gradient method is really cool bc we are able to create a rhythm section just by one click. By using brushes, I guess we would have to put a brush on each jump (?)

A thing that I think is neccesary too it's to make the control panel design smaller. I think it's a waste of space in the screen to have everything so big. I mean, I don't see the point of the yellow bar being so big.
Also, being able to see at least the decals or brushes all in one would be better. Imagine that we have 45 brushes and 34 decals. Do we have to scroll the bar to the right to see them one by one until we get to the last one that is the one we want? That would kill us track creators.

I'm pretty sure you have already think about this things but oh well. I'm super happy to see this game coming along nicely! Keep up the amazing job guys! I hope I can say to you guys in a future: Thank you for making the best motocross game ever.
Alex V111#1017
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

That scene is treated like the editor window so it doesn't render real time lighting. In game there will be shadows.
The number thing you were talking about is in the editor already it was just in the feature set that i didnt include. The build I showed is a version behind. You can put objects where ever you want to alos; meaning they dont have to snap to the terrain. Also , I mentioned that the UI WILL be changed before released so dont worry about that ;)
As for the gradient idea; Im working on a couple of ideas right now to be able to create custom jumps in-editor. We have tons of brush presets for jumps and berms for people who just want to jump in and make a track but I know some people would rather have a little bit more control. Im working on it though.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Whats the plan for your game? Is it a sim? Aracde style?

Secondly, is there an alpha ready to be released anytime soon?
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

onefoureight wrote:Whats the plan for your game? Is it a sim? Aracde style?

You didn't really read, did you Ben? :lol:

The game will bridge the gap between arcade and simulator. There'll be a small learning curve but nothing like sim.

They don't have a release date yet, but I've read that their goal for the alpha is early 2017.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Sandhapper wrote:

The game will bridge the gap between arcade and simulator. There'll be a small learning curve but nothing like sim.

They don't have a release date yet, but I've read that their goal for the alpha is early 2017.
Early-mid 2017 yes. Full write up here -> https://lcqstudios.com/alpha-feature-list/
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

Sandhapper wrote:

You didn't really read, did you Ben? :lol:

Yeah I kinda just skipped through hahahaha!

That's dope though, keep it up!
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

Found this old post from a previous thread from last year, http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=45, and was wondering if/how you were able to overcome the hurdle of custom created content. I obviously read the posts in this thread and on your site, but was more curious on what changed and how?
LKR47 wrote: I don't plan on opening it up for user created content. Sure that kind of takes away from pc ecosystem ex downloadable tracks gear mods etc. but it's my first "real" game I'm working on so I want to keep it simple. I'm sure there's a way around it but from what I've seen everything is packed into .dlls. I've been using unity since 2.x so that's just my engine of choice.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

cdub85 wrote:.
It's a little complicated but I got better at programming and learned how to read from directories and convert a png into a type texture2d. Models I have figured out kind of but I havent figured out how to apply all of our components in a way that would allow the model to be... right in game. Might build a standalone program to do this later on.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Hey, guys. Got on our site tonight to do some admin stuff and noticed ~40(Wow!) pending sign ups. Apparently the register button was redirecting to the wrong registration page which has a broken phpmailer() function so no one was receiving confirmations. I noticed a lot of the sign ups were guys from here so just letting you know that you're all activated.
Once again, thank you all for the support you're giving us. We are all blown away here at LCQ and are plugging away for you guys!
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Noticed the lcq studios site has been down. Just wondering if this is a good or a bad thing? :?
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

I think this crash was one of the gnarliest this season, well apart from Roczens, they got lucky on this one.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Wrong topic :/
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

damon99 wrote:Noticed the lcq studios site has been down. Just wondering if this is a good or a bad thing? :?
It was down for a few days and we lost everything from 1-18-2017 due to me screwing things up :oops: Sites been live since Wednesday I believe but I havent installed ssl certs yet so you'll have to use http:// instead of https://. If your browser defaults to https:// just delete your cache. Sorry for the inconvenience.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

We posted a quick update on our FB page. The full "stock" rider is done. Some more info on it will be posted on our site later on tonight hopefully.