Editor incorrection with sharp edges

Post your suggestions here
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: Editor incorrection with sharp edges

Post by VUSTTOS »

sethiemeboi wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:
jlv wrote:I want to make some texture management updates and add the 2017 dynos first. Once that's done I'm calling it 1.11. I'll see what I can do after that.
Would you be able to add a black background plate to the 250's and keep it white for the 450's?

Lot of people plays with the competitors volume set to 0 so it's would be awesome to be able to visualize whos on 450's and whos on 250's.
its a good idea, but all the manufacturers keep white plates stock on every single make. wouldn't be realistic
I am not asking for a Custom Graphics. I'm asking for the default white background that every model in Sim has:
Alex V111#1017
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:I want to make some texture management updates and add the 2017 dynos first. Once that's done I'm calling it 1.11. I'll see what I can do after that.
Thanks for the reply JLV.
One more thing on a similar topic. Could you make a button to invert the gradient?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

barrington314 wrote:One more thing on a similar topic. Could you make a button to invert the gradient?
Would this be used to "remove" things you added? Pretty cool idea. Using the "paint" works most of the time, but the inversion seems like a great thing to have.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wouldn't be hard to add. In what situation would painting not work?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

VUSTTOS wrote:Lot of people plays with the competitors volume set to 0
No wonder there's so many bad passes and crashes, zero shouldn't be an option.

Not to get off topic but why do people get so excited over new dynos? Unless it's something different like a different engine type (500), the 450s and 250f's just get faster, then people just jump bigger things and it sucks for track makers. You people should be pushing chassis adjustments or something instead if you want bike updates.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:Wouldn't be hard to add. In what situation would painting not work?
Just going to use a single/wave as an example.

If you add this wave and also have ruts or bumps in it, you'd reset all of it with paint, where's a negative add would keep the bumps and ruts. Also paint is painful in the way that if you don't want sharp edges, but have it smooth, you're always ending up painting past what you want a bit. So if you have a rut, bumps or something (that you for some reason) built before the jump, or even if it is before the jump, chances are that you with paint removes a bit of it, or edges just becomes weird.

Hope I made any sense.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

So really layers would be better than subtract.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

jlv wrote:I want to make some texture management updates...
Texture management...hhmm, that sounds intriguing...thanks for the continued updates, look forward to seeing what 1.11 brings to the table.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:So really layers would be better than subtract.
Ideally I'd be pretty good, I think... Is that a "I might do this" statement or is it more "This could be pretty good"? If it's the first one, if you have any ideas, I'd be more than happy to see the ideas around it.
Big Smooth one3 wrote:
Texture management...hhmm, that sounds intriguing...thanks for the continued updates, look forward to seeing what 1.11 brings to the table.
Isn't that what the latest snapshot brought?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:
jlv wrote:So really layers would be better than subtract.
Ideally I'd be pretty good, I think... Is that a "I might do this" statement or is it more "This could be pretty good"? If it's the first one, if you have any ideas, I'd be more than happy to see the ideas around it.
Layers wouldn't be that hard and it's something that I've wished I had plenty of times, so yeah, I might do that.
Wahlamt wrote:
Big Smooth one3 wrote:
Isn't that what the latest snapshot brought?
No, the other change will be a max texture resolution limit. It's kind of a pain to do though since I have to put off loading the textures until after all the models are loaded. It's partially written but I think I'll just add the 2017 bikes and call that 1.11. I don't want to drop the new bikes on everyone mid-season again. I can do the tex res limit after 1.11.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com