50%
2. Delay by 1 day, monday night = Pro classes, tuesday night = Amateur classes
50%

Total votes: 119

mx201
Team: Madcape

Re: 2017 EMF Supercross - race day poll

Post by mx201 »

CeeJayHDz wrote:i ride irl, on sundays, its late enough that you can get home and race, its a euro series afterall logan, shouldnt you be at school weekdays anyway?
Well Im homeschooled to ride IRL and with my schedule it allows me to race during the week at the times but on weekends of course it's nearly impossible for US guys in general but yes I totally understand its a euro series and it should benefit them but I'm sure there's plenty of euros that agree Sunday sucks with IRL riding
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

Wahlamt wrote:
sapelgas431 wrote:Well Sunday just kinda ruins it for people who ride irl... Isn't it possible to keep it at wednesdays/thursdays? Monday would be fine for me though but I see most people still can't make it on mondays.
Can I ask how, for Europeans? Is it 2 day races or sunday races? The brief low-level racing I did here in Sweden was 95% on saturdays. Is people more pro so it is 2 days or is it Sunday racing etc? I only know the Swedish scene so I'd like to know how it is for everyone else :)
Well most of the races I attend are on Sunday, and it's usually a 3-4 hour drive from my house to the track. So if a race finishes at ~5pm, we usually leave the track by 7pm, making it home at 10-11pm. Honestly, even if I got home a bit earlier, I wouldn't really be in the mood to play mxs, and I don't even race that competitively.
There are not races every weekend but in my case, I go riding almost every weekend... getting home late, tired, unpacking, etc
I just don't think it would be a good day for mxs racing.

Even for people who don't ride irl, isn't Sunday family day? Like you work/go to school all week, and like to have that day/the weekend off? I mean, I'm speaking for myself, but I think that's the case for a lot of people...

I just think having the races in the middle of the week like it has always been would be the best option imo..
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

sapelgas431 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
sapelgas431 wrote:Well Sunday just kinda ruins it for people who ride irl... Isn't it possible to keep it at wednesdays/thursdays? Monday would be fine for me though but I see most people still can't make it on mondays.
Can I ask how, for Europeans? Is it 2 day races or sunday races? The brief low-level racing I did here in Sweden was 95% on saturdays. Is people more pro so it is 2 days or is it Sunday racing etc? I only know the Swedish scene so I'd like to know how it is for everyone else :)
Well most of the races I attend are on Sunday, and it's usually a 3-4 hour drive from my house to the track. So if a race finishes at ~5pm, we usually leave the track by 7pm, making it home at 10-11pm. Honestly, even if I got home a bit earlier, I wouldn't really be in the mood to play mxs, and I don't even race that competitively.
There are not races every weekend but in my case, I go riding almost every weekend... getting home late, tired, unpacking, etc

Even for people who don't ride irl, isn't Sunday family day? Like you work/go to school all week, and like to have that day/the weekend off? I mean, I'm speaking for myself, but I think that's the case for a lot of people...

I just think having the races in the middle of the week like it has always been would be the best option imo..

I couldn't agree more. In my case there are races every weekend, almost all year long. Leaving on friday morning and getting home on sunday really late in the night sometimes monday, and when there is no races, you pack your stuff and go practice right? The races during the week were working really well for everyone, that's my opinion.

I totally understand its an European series, but i think that this format will not allow most of the guys in US etc. to race
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
mx201

Post by mx201 »

WillSt24 wrote:
sapelgas431 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote: Can I ask how, for Europeans? Is it 2 day races or sunday races? The brief low-level racing I did here in Sweden was 95% on saturdays. Is people more pro so it is 2 days or is it Sunday racing etc? I only know the Swedish scene so I'd like to know how it is for everyone else :)

I couldn't agree more. In my case there are races every weekend, almost all year long. Leaving on friday morning and getting home on sunday really late in the night sometimes monday, and when there is no races, you pack your stuff and go practice right? The races during the week were working really well for everyone, that's my opinion.

I totally understand its an European series, but i think that this format will not allow most of the guys in US etc. to race
No more evidence needed imo
Br4Ap69

Post by Br4Ap69 »

sapelgas431 wrote: Well most of the races I attend are on Sunday, and it's usually a 3-4 hour drive from my house to the track. So if a race finishes at ~5pm, we usually leave the track by 7pm, making it home at 10-11pm. Honestly, even if I got home a bit earlier, I wouldn't really be in the mood to play mxs, and I don't even race that competitively.

ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Br4Ap69 wrote:
sapelgas431 wrote: Well most of the races I attend are on Sunday, and it's usually a 3-4 hour drive from my house to the track. So if a race finishes at ~5pm, we usually leave the track by 7pm, making it home at 10-11pm. Honestly, even if I got home a bit earlier, I wouldn't really be in the mood to play mxs, and I don't even race that competitively.

mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Yes, let's just quote an entire long ass post and say nothing, rather than just saying, "I agree with Sapelgas" and being less annoying
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

Just chipping in my sentiments. When Race Factory ran races on Sunday nights, several people had a tough time showing up because Monday is usually the most important business/school day of the week and it's rarely given off. So a lot of people would go to bed early (as most people I know do on Sunday) to be able to get a good nights' sleep and wake up Monday not hating life that much more. Not that EMF runs really late or anything but if you guys start at 8PM in France like you have been then you are keeping everyone in your zone and East of you up later than normal people go to bed on Sunday to race. At least that's the problems we ran into a lot with Sunday races on Race Factory.

For me personally, I'm pretty bummed on Sundays because, as people above me were saying, I'm going to be busy 95% of the time mid-day on Sunday. I don't ride a ton but the weekends are the only time I have to spend with my fiance and basically not be on my computer working. I was planning on racing all of EMF again this year but now I probably won't be able to make hardly any races. And for the one or two races I might make, the price tag is super steep to do it. That's one thing I think Race Factory and now you guys really need to figure out sooner rather than later is a pay per race option too for people who can only race a very select few ones during the year anyway. Just my thoughts.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
mx201

Post by mx201 »

Osari52 wrote:Just chipping in my sentiments. When Race Factory ran races on Sunday nights, several people had a tough time showing up because Monday is usually the most important business/school day of the week and it's rarely given off. So a lot of people would go to bed early (as most people I know do on Sunday) to be able to get a good nights' sleep and wake up Monday not hating life that much more. Not that EMF runs really late or anything but if you guys start at 8PM in France like you have been then you are keeping everyone in your zone and East of you up later than normal people go to bed on Sunday to race. At least that's the problems we ran into a lot with Sunday races on Race Factory.

For me personally, I'm pretty bummed on Sundays because, as people above me were saying, I'm going to be busy 95% of the time mid-day on Sunday. I don't ride a ton but the weekends are the only time I have to spend with my fiance and basically not be on my computer working. I was planning on racing all of EMF again this year but now I probably won't be able to make hardly any races. And for the one or two races I might make, the price tag is super steep to do it. That's one thing I think Race Factory and now you guys really need to figure out sooner rather than later is a pay per race option too for people who can only race a very select few ones during the year anyway. Just my thoughts.
Preach
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Probably all the amateurs voting for sunday/monday and pros voting for monday/tuesday but yea were thinking about that ppl prolly has races/training trips sundays and cant make it to the sunday mxs racing
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Faltsu wrote:Probably all the amateurs voting for sunday/monday and pros voting for monday/tuesday
Okay.. Why?

I have internship from monday to friday. To add to that I also go to the gym 4 times a week (monday, tuesday, thursday and friday). It's the same exact thing as you guys. You don't have time because you choose to race IRL. I probably won't have time on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday because I choose to go to the gym.

If EMF changes to Monday, then you'll all probably not see me, because my priority is real life. I'm fine with whatever they're doing. EMF is doing a fenomenal job.

Don't get mad when EMF doesn't change its date. They've all made plans for sunday, and from what I've heard it sounds great. It's not about when the community can race, it's when the EMF crew can host races. The community has to adapt to their times.

Also.. the 450 class is later than 250, right? If you guys are skeptical if you won't make it in time for the 250, just race the 450 if you want to race that bad.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

Let's face it, EMF won't have a full line up due to it being on Sunday
kurash900

Post by kurash900 »

What PRO class on Saturday? Amateur class on Sunday?
5th 2017 MXSEMF Pro Nationals
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Regardless of day, there will always be people that can't make it, unfortunately. At least be happy we didn't put it friday/saturday.. ;)
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

Wahlamt wrote:Regardless of day, there will always be people that can't make it, unfortunately. At least be happy we didn't put it friday/saturday.. ;)
i think you should of kept it wednesday/thursday :mrgreen: