My 1.11 Wishlist

Post your suggestions here
Ezra
Team: Privateer

My 1.11 Wishlist

Post by Ezra »

Hello JLV,

For a while now I have been wanting to put together a list of simple things that I think would be kick ass if implemented if/when you ever release a version 1.11.

View only file type: it would be great to have something, similar to a saf, but a slightly different format that was view only, and didn't show up in the menu. This would be great as not only would it clean up your menu when trying to find bikes or gear when you have a ton of other team's skins downloaded, but could also help with the ripping aspect of things if done correctly as well.

Low Speed Lock Reduction: I feel like it would be nice in the advanced stability there was another setting having to do with the speed variable lock angle. If there is any way you could implement a setting that restricted the lock angle at very slow speeds, and then tapered to full lock angle as you got rolling, that would really help the issues with the front tire knifing while trying to get rolling on a slope. It could be as simple as setting something in the opposite fashion to the current full lock speed and restricted lock speed, and just adding a low speed restricted lock angle.

Fix the Lean Forward, Sit Down on landing: For some reason in the game, if you are overjumping or casing something, but lean forward and sit down, you have a much greater chance of not falling than if you are standing up and leaning back. I don't know about you all, but when I case something I normally try to avoid sitting down and leaning forward, as that normally ends with a gas cap to the nuts and a trip over the bars. It would be really cool if the game was a bit more realistic in that sense, and the riders legs acted as a damper to slow the impact, instead of like a spring amplifying it.

Replace Rider Arrow with Dot: It would make it much easier for lappers to avoid getting in the way, as well as promote clean racing as a whole if the arrow that represented your rider on the map didn't cover the so much of the map itself. Any riders within about one second of you are covered by the arrow, and the directional sound in this game can be a bit misleading sometimes.

Better Track Object Collisions: Think about all of the possibilities mesh collisions would bring, I know I'm not the only one that would love more realistic enduro obstacles and better over under's in sx.

Shadow Shaders: With how powerful pc's are getting nowadays, the option to have shadows in game would be amazing for streams, screenshots, and even racing for the guys with rigs that can handle it! It would also help immensely with the fact that the bikes look like they are floating just above the surface of the dirt.

That's all I've got for now, I'm sure I'll have some more ideas that will be added as time goes on.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Re: My 1.11 Wishlist

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Delete or fix the front wheel lock: Because its the worst thing on sim.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Ezra wrote:
Replace Rider Arrow with Dot:
Perhaps a custom icon would be cool.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I would like the option to raise and lower statues in the track editor.
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

barrington314 wrote: Perhaps a custom icon would be cool.
I was thinking maybe just a red dot, the same way the leader is green, "your guy" would be a red dot.
aeffertz wrote:I would like the option to raise and lower statues in the track editor.
Agreed.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

i think it'd be cool if in the editor, jlv implemented more brushes and custom brushes you could make in photoshop for the raise/lower/add/paint options. got that idea from LCQ studios new game :wink:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Just so no one is disappointed, you're pretty much playing 1.11 now if you keep up with the snapshots. You really meant 1.12 wishlist.

I think the first thing after 1.11 will be scripting on the client. Wheels wants scripting so it gets top priority!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

jlv wrote:I think the first thing after 1.11 will be scripting on the client.
I'm okay with this.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I was just wondering if we could have separate camera control assignments too so I don't have to re-assign to an analog axis during replays. How far down the priority list would that be?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

jlv wrote:Just so no one is disappointed, you're pretty much playing 1.11 now if you keep up with the snapshots. You really meant 1.12 wishlist.

I think the first thing after 1.11 will be scripting on the client. Wheels wants scripting so it gets top priority!
Could small details like this one be implemented?
Alex V111#1017
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:
jlv wrote:I think the first thing after 1.11 will be scripting on the client.
I'm okay with this.
Will this be the JS thing you mentioned quite a while back?
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

jlv wrote:Wheels wants scripting so it gets top priority!
That sounds interesting! Do you have a priority list of things to do? Could we have a peek at what is in the line after scripting?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably some more 4k texture self defense options after the scripting. I wrote some of it already but I want to get 1.11 posted first so people don't have to muck around with snapshots just to race rF.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

jlv wrote:Just so no one is disappointed, you're pretty much playing 1.11 now if you keep up with the snapshots. You really meant 1.12 wishlist.

Does that mean scripting as far as... being able to have updating timing tower? Flashing leader lights? more backend/racing stuff? What are you talking about exactly?
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

jlv wrote:Probably some more 4k texture self defense options after the scripting. I wrote some of it already but I want to get 1.11 posted first so people don't have to muck around with snapshots just to race rF.
Thanks for all of your work, it is really appreciated!