mx sim catalogue

Post your suggestions here
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

mx sim catalogue

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

put something together to show what is available to purchase from different people as currently it seems a black market... a forum post where people can send links/pictures of their portfolio would suffice...

sick of being contacted by creators that i have bought things from asking me where i got their stuff from, its unprofessional and to be quite honest its rude as f after you've ignored previous messages about bugs with the product purchased. :evil:

its difficult to find out what is available, pricing etc... maybe also cut down on model trading from those who thought they were gonna receive certain files but didn't or those who paid $100 for a psd only to find out their friend joe bloggs got it for £70 with a blend file too.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: mx sim catalogue

Post by Wahlamt »

Doubt JLV would put it together, but a simple one would probably be quite easy to make.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

I'm sure it isn't even legal to sell things without a "yes" from the brand. That's why I guess this is some kind of black market.
Alex V111#1017
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

Wahlamt wrote:Doubt JLV would put it together, but a simple one would probably be quite easy to make.
i think a stickied topic would suffice
VUSTTOS wrote:I'm sure it isn't even legal to sell things without a "yes" from the brand. That's why I guess this is some kind of black market.
though this could be the end of this idea :lol:
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

VUSTTOS wrote:I'm sure it isn't even legal to sell things without a "yes" from the brand. That's why I guess this is some kind of black market.
Looking at it from that perspective its also illegal to skin any gear from fox,seven etc. because you are basicly coping their products(and then maybe even sell them without any permission to skin or sell it). There is just no point when you look at it that way, I think we wouldnt have any skins in the game then except "default","alt1" and "alt2".
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

jonracer594 wrote:
Looking at it from that perspective its also illegal to skin any gear from fox,seven etc. because you are basicly coping their products(and then maybe even sell them without any permission to skin or sell it). There is just no point when you look at it that way, I think we wouldnt have any skins in the game then except "default","alt1" and "alt2".
I can't finde the logical part in your post.

It's totaly different to sell than to do something just for the pleasure of doing it.
Alex V111#1017
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

VUSTTOS wrote:
jonracer594 wrote:
I can't finde the logical part in your post.

It's totaly different to sell than to do something just for the pleasure of doing it.
I think he is meaning from people like Hoffman, and SilverSkate creating gear out the ass and then selling it for like 15 or something like that. But there is also a bunch of free stuff out there and most creators always have a free set created so that you can get a preview of how it looks before you go and buy it.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Copyright issues will never let this happen, this is why JLV never advertises extra gear, real looking bikes, replica tracks etc. cause its false advertisement since he doesn't have rights to use any of it. Im pretty sure we have gotten FELD's attention before, have any of you noticed how track blueprints are not released before the event now? I bet they got tired of us using there blueprints to make perfect replicas and also seeing our killer virtual laps before they could even get MX VS ATV to put out there crap virtual lap.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Cody Darr wrote:Copyright issues will never let this happen, this is why JLV never advertises extra gear, real looking bikes, replica tracks etc. cause its false advertisement since he doesn't have rights to use any of it. Im pretty sure we have gotten FELD's attention before, have any of you noticed how track blueprints are not released before the event now? I bet they got tired of us using there blueprints to make perfect replicas and also seeing our killer virtual laps before they could even get MX VS ATV to put out there crap virtual lap.
Very true, Mx vs Atv does an absolutely terrible job showing the track off and they don't even use good music, if they were to use a Mx Simulator virtual lap, they'd be getting some good music and an extremely good version of the track that isn't total trash like the Mx vs Atv ones, also ours would look more closer to what the riders are actually seeing out there on the track for their first few laps having no ruts on it at all other than the built in ruts that they put in certain sections sometimes like in the sand sections.
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

For anyone posting the link to tm did you even read the post
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

yeah
Dumbbelly29