2018 Rmz450?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

2018 Rmz450?

Post by T-RIDER »

Been doing a bit of reading for the last hour or so, looks like a similar engine (from the exterior) Frame and swingarm definitely look different, though I know its a GP bike so works swingarm blah blah blah is possible and maybe we are looking at basicly new plastic only.

aaaaaaaaaaanyway......

There are a few more photos scattered through here, but first impressions anyone?
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Re: 2018 Rmz450?

Post by Cummings55 »

At first glance, I really thought the shrouds looked like Yamaha shrouds. Personally, i think they achieved the "modern" look that these bikes are starting to look like. But I really liked the old plastics. Even though they were basically identical for the past however many years, they still had a fairly modern aggressive look to them. It is nice to see a big model change including frame and swing arm. Will be curious to see what the riders have to say about it :D
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

I absolutely love this bike. I love that they kept the same style that they have had for well over 10 years and just modernized it. Obviously that's just looking at the thing but damn it looks beautiful.
James Webb

Post by James Webb »

DP but

thought this was pretty cool
T-RIDER

Post by T-RIDER »

James Webb wrote:DP but

https://i.gyazo.com/91f840ac15119b85d4a ... da223d.png

Yeah I stumbled across that earlier too, pretty damn cool alright.

Only thing I'm iffy about is the sideplates and somewhat the 2014/15 husky looking rear-fender
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

T-RIDER wrote:
James Webb wrote:DP but

https://i.gyazo.com/91f840ac15119b85d4a ... da223d.png

Yeah I stumbled across that earlier too, pretty damn cool alright.

Only thing I'm iffy about is the sideplates and somewhat the 2014/15 husky looking rear-fender
I think it is more like a KTM rear fender than a Husky rear fender, the Husky ones are more squared off imo compared to the KTM having at least a little bit of a design in them rather than just being completely squared off which is just a really bad look, me personally if I ever owned a Husky with a squared off rear fender I'd probably go out of my way and get a Honda rear fender and try to make that work somehow by putting custom drilled holes in it to make it fit lol.
James Webb

Post by James Webb »

Yeah the sideplates are a little weird, especially how the corner is cut. Probably could have looked better if it connected to the rear a little better.
T-RIDER

Post by T-RIDER »

USABMXER1 wrote:
T-RIDER wrote:
I think it is more like a KTM rear fender than a Husky rear fender, the Husky ones are more squared off imo compared to the KTM having at least a little bit of a design in them rather than just being completely squared off which is just a really bad look, me personally if I ever owned a Husky with a squared off rear fender I'd probably go out of my way and get a Honda rear fender and try to make that work somehow by putting custom drilled holes in it to make it fit lol.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I think Suzuki just made the best looking 450. The Honda and Kwai both look awesome to but I like everything about this bike.

The Honda looked weird at first look but grew on me a lot. At first glance I thought this looked to similar to the Yamaha but after looking at over through the day and as high res pics became available, this thing is the shiiit.