timing gates?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Dude41
Team: Privateer

timing gates?

Post by Dude41 »

I'm just finishing my first track and I cant figure out the timing gates. no matter what codes I try my race starts lap 2 at the 4th gate. anyone experience this before?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: timing gates?

Post by Wahlamt »

This tutorial should what you need to know.

The last gate in normal lap / first lap should be the finish line. The first on in normal lap should be the next one after finish.
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

ive done all of this step by step but it always starts lap 2 on the 4th timing gate
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Dude41 wrote:ive done all of this step by step but it always starts lap 2 on the 4th timing gate
Is your track folder that you're working on in this directory?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mx Simulator
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:ive done all of this step by step but it always starts lap 2 on the 4th timing gate
yes. idk if my checkpoint codes are bad? this vid doesn't show anything about that. thanks
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Dude41 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
yes. idk if my checkpoint codes are bad? this vid doesn't show anything about that. thanks
The problem is that you have your track in the Program Files folder. All changes are saved in the personal folder which is located in:
C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Mx Simulator

This means that the changes you are trying to do in Program Files are overridden by the changes you have already made (which are saved in your personal folder). Hope it clears it up. Personal folder overrides the Program files folder. :)
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote: Is your track folder that you're working on in this directory?
The problem is that you have your track in the Program Files folder. All changes are saved in the personal folder which is located in:

This means that the changes you are trying to do in Program Files are overridden by the changes you have already made (which are saved in your personal folder). Hope it clears it up. Personal folder overrides the Program files folder. :)
do I need to move the file(s) into the personal folder? all I can find is the desktop shortcut
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:

found it, thanks for helping the noob
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:

ha now I drag n drop all the files to the personal folder and ive lost my track?? theres a week down the drain
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Dude41 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:

ha now I drag n drop all the files to the personal folder and ive lost my track?? theres a week down the drain
Wasn't fast enough to reply. Since all changes are in the personal folder, you should have copied those files into the program files folder, then after they've merged/replaced, you should copy the "new" program files folder into the personal one... Sad if you've lost it, know it's easy to say afterwards, but having a backup is never a bad idea.. What you could do is to reset your PC to an earlier stage (aka system restore), if you have that enabled. However if you do that, think it through once again to make sure you don't have any new important files since the day you choose to reset it to.
Dude41

Post by Dude41 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Dude41 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote: The problem is that you have your track in the Program Files folder. All changes are saved in the personal folder which is located in:

Wasn't fast enough to reply. Since all changes are in the personal folder, you should have copied those files into the program files folder, then after they've merged/replaced, you should copy the "new" program files folder into the personal one... Sad if you've lost it, know it's easy to say afterwards, but having a backup is never a bad idea.. What you could do is to reset your PC to an earlier stage (aka system restore), if you have that enabled. However if you do that, think it through once again to make sure you don't have any new important files since the day you choose to reset it to.
yeah I think its gone but ill just take it as a learning curve. thanks for all your help