2017 MotoSavage Amateur Nationals by MXS Events & MotoMechanics

Organize races and post results here
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Re: 2017 Keystone Racing Supercross Series (OPEN 125 CLASS ADDED!)

Post by RXR_Banjo »

My 2 cents:

I have never seen a series with that many riders (except rf) since i started playing the games in 2014. Yesterday we were 30 in 250 ams + 36 in 450 ams = 66 ams + 40 novice i guess? Thats a crazy turnout you guys deserve a week off to maybe get more help (streaming / sherrif on track / etc) but you have to continue !! Things are not always perfect but you listen to us and always try to improve!

My suggestions:
- no more novice class
- 250 ams and 450 ams only - it was like that when I started and i was battling to make mains , we would have full gates in all heats / lcqs. It may suck for the guys who wont do the main but they will have to work hard every week and sometimes they may make the show !!

Only 2 classes = less complaints = less bullshits

You have enough riders to ban / kick / dont give a fuck about those 12 yr old kids who try to ruin your work!

Another suggestion: could be cool to be a new series for the next 5-6 rounds (lets say this series was a prep series, do not give prizes keep them for the "new one" (if there are prizes))

We appreciate your work and make this game more fun! Cuz yes kids you have to understand that the guys like keystone keep the game alive because there are not a lot of series that are well runned with good turnouts (other than rF)

Cheers!
Phil Doyon #423
Frantic87
Team: Keystone Racing

Post by Frantic87 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:My 2 cents:

I have never seen a series with that many riders (except rf) since i started playing the games in 2014. Yesterday we were 30 in 250 ams + 36 in 450 ams = 66 ams + 40 novice i guess? Thats a crazy turnout you guys deserve a week off to maybe get more help (streaming / sherrif on track / etc) but you have to continue !! Things are not always perfect but you listen to us and always try to improve!

My suggestions:
- no more novice class
- 250 ams and 450 ams only - it was like that when I started and i was battling to make mains , we would have full gates in all heats / lcqs. It may suck for the guys who wont do the main but they will have to work hard every week and sometimes they may make the show !!

You have enough riders to ban / kick / dont give a fuck about those 12 yr old kids who try to ruin your work!

Another suggestion: could be cool to be a new series for the next 5-6 rounds (lets say this series was a prep series, do not give prizes keep them for the "new one" (if there are prizes))

We appreciate your work and make this game more fun! Cuz yes kids you have to understand that the guys like keystone keep the game alive because there are not a lot of series that are well runned with good turnouts (other than rF)

Cheers!
Dollafifty wrote:Yep i agree with you 100% brian. Great series guys thanks for having me
Thanks for racing guys... Also good suggestions, I will run these by Matt and get back to you a little later
<center>Image</center>
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:My 2 cents:

My suggestions:
- no more novice class

Cheers!
I do agree with some of the suggestions you made, but I totally disagree with getting rid of novice. I am one of the people that have had the game for 2+years and never tried to race online because what was the point. All I had to try for was ams, and I was no where near fast enough to make the top 40, let alone the mains.
Having a novice class in rF and keystone has given myself and many others the opportunity to get experience racing with full gates. People are in novice not necessarily because they can't run a decently fast hot lap, but because they struggle to run consistent races and have a difficult time "holding" their lines(aka bad lappers). I can't begin to explain how much better I have become at those 2 very things due to having the novice class. If you look at my qual times you may say, oh he should run ams. But if you watch the races it's a different story. Point being, the novice class is the biggest class in keystone. So why would you want be end that?
While there appeared to be idiots and crybabies in every class to some degree this past week, I think the biggest problem came in the 450 ams main with Ron Jeremy(Chase McDonald?) blatantly taking out Fisher who was leading multiple times and Matt was racing as well and couldn't do anything about it. So again, why would you get rid of novice when from where I was it appeared the largest problems were in ams(I could be wrong or not know everything).
In the end, the biggest "problem" if that's what you want to call it is with lack of help running the series. I have no experience running a series and I can't imagine it's easy to do with limited help on some nights. I know I have sent Matt a meassage offering to help in any way I can to keep the series going and running smoothly. I'm new and would need taught whatever they want me to do, but I'd be happy to help if I can.
And lastly, you also have to remember, you will NEVER make everyone happy all the time.
This is just my opinion on things and as said before, if I can help in anyway, don't hesitate to ask!!
Motocrosser_44
Team: MGFX

Post by Motocrosser_44 »

Dont get rid of novice, just make sure ppl sign for their respective classes (aka sandbaggers) and i agree with ^^
Albert Tranghese #44 | Tranghese Designs
Dollafifty
Team: Free Teeny

Post by Dollafifty »

2 classes, 250 and 450. Top 40 from each class go to ams. 41st-60th from each class race novice. Everyone gets to race and nobody gets to sandbag. Think of novice like a cosolation race. Ams gates will always be full and novice will be a true novice class
RXR_Banjo

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Jesus christ this is the best idea !!! good job Jeremy
Dollafifty wrote:2 classes, 250 and 450. Top 40 from each class go to ams. 41st-60th from each class race novice. Everyone gets to race and nobody gets to sandbag. Think of novice like a cosolation race. Ams gates will always be full and novice will be a true novice class
Phil Doyon #423
NKarassy955
Crushed Dissenter
Team: NCKDecals.com

Post by NKarassy955 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Jesus christ this is the best idea !!! good job Jeremy
Dollafifty wrote:2 classes, 250 and 450. Top 40 from each class go to ams. 41st-60th from each class race novice. Everyone gets to race and nobody gets to sandbag. Think of novice like a cosolation race. Ams gates will always be full and novice will be a true novice class
Agreed
cperkins243
Team: WCP Racing

Post by cperkins243 »

Good idea but at the same time, it's a novice class, most people including myself can run some good times, but consistency isn't there and struggle during races. I think That would frustrate a lot of the top ams, when u have a bunch of novice racers in the ams class not getting out of the way and such.
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Jesus christ this is the best idea !!! good job Jeremy
While this sounds great, have you thought of the trade offs?
As I said before, there are SEVERAL novice riders that can throw down a single hot lap that would put them probably well within the top 20 am times. Ok so now they are in the am night show. But they still can't race clean, or hold their line when they get lapped so they take out the leaders. Not because they did it intentionally, but because they are not that skilled yet. Now the top ams are mad because this person just took them out. Hot laps alone should not be the deciding factor of getting moved up or not. It should be main event finishes along with lap times.
Do you know why I keep saying this? It's because I personally CANNOT SEAT BOUNCE CONSISTENTLY to save my life. I have been practicing all the time but still struggle a lot. So I ran a top 20 am time because on 1 lap in qualifying because I was able to get each section perfect. Only to never touch that time again because I am not consistent.

I don't know, I'm all for making it better, but why is it directed straight to novice and getting rid of it. Are there things I'm not aware of? How is getting rid of novice or completely restructuring it going to fix top ams getting taken out on purpose in mains.. and " bad lappers " in ams mains?
Dollafifty
Team: Free Teeny

Post by Dollafifty »

You want to know what i did to be more consistent in races and still do it to this day? Slow down and dont go for the big lines. Always have a race line that you CAN do every lap. You might be 2-5 seconds slower a lap but you wont crash as much and that equals good finshes. My race lap times are never near my qualifying lap times. Because i take safe lines and will go 10+ laps without a crash and that equals an occasional win and lots of top 5's
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

Dollafifty wrote:You want to know what i did to be more consistent in races and still do it to this day? Slow down and dont go for the big lines. Always have a race line that you CAN do every lap. You might be 2-5 seconds slower a lap but you wont crash as much and that equals good finshes. My race lap times are never near my qualifying lap times. Because i take safe lines and will go 10+ laps without a crash and that equals an occasional win and lots of top 5's
I definitely agree with that. And that is one thing the past couple of weeks I have been working on honestly. But there are also many others that think, it's big lines or die trying. Lol
RXR_Banjo

Post by RXR_Banjo »

+1 .. i watch novice races every week and its not that they cant be consistent but they sometimes try lines that i wont use in race ( and I lead the 250 ams standing) which is just ridiculous.. same thing with some of the ams racers, they go for the big lines every damn lap = always down
Dollafifty wrote:You want to know what i did to be more consistent in races and still do it to this day? Slow down and dont go for the big lines. Always have a race line that you CAN do every lap. You might be 2-5 seconds slower a lap but you wont crash as much and that equals good finshes. My race lap times are never near my qualifying lap times. Because i take safe lines and will go 10+ laps without a crash and that equals an occasional win and lots of top 5's
Phil Doyon #423
Frantic87

Post by Frantic87 »

What I do is Time Trial, It helps with getting times and consistency... trying to beat yourself over and over helps you find where you're losing time, and spots where you can gain time.... Then I jump in the qualifying servers and get race ready in the there, if I'm still off the pace it's back to time trial... lol helped me a lot with consistency though
<center>Image</center>
mparise311

Re: 2017 Keystone Racing Supercross Series (1 Week Break)

Post by mparise311 »

updated pro points below, Also all am points have been updated as well.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Re: 2017 Keystone Racing Supercross Series (1 Week Break)

Post by Whiteracing204 »

I love these races and I've seen some great ideas! But what I think you should do is leave the novice class alone, and instead of going by your fastest lap to qualify, Why not go by the total race time to qualify instead? You could do 5 laps and whoever can stay consistent the whole 5 laps will qualify. Because everyone has said they can turn at least 1 fast lap but they can't turn that lap consistently. I think there would be less (out of control) riders qualifying. Just an idea!

Let me know what you think!