Problem with in game slow mo

Post your questions here
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Problem with in game slow mo

Post by MOTOZ293 »

My slow mo in game is super skippy, and no loger smooth. my game used to be fine then one day it wasnt. i dont know how to fix this, do someone or jlv know what is wrong.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Problem with in game slow mo

Post by jlv »

Try reinstalling your graphics driver.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

jlv wrote:Try reinstalling your graphics driver.
i updated my gpu driver before i posted this topic, and it still did the same thing. could it be that i have too much in my personal folder and it slowing my game down, because when i record for edit it takes me like 3 tries to record a clip bc it drops in between 8-21fps untill it decides to actually record in 60fps
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I think I might have misread your first post. Is your problem only when you've paused the game and hold down the single step key or is it just a general slow framerate you're trying to fix?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

jlv wrote:I think I might have misread your first post. Is your problem only when you've paused the game and hold down the single step key or is it just a general slow framerate you're trying to fix?
it is when i pause it and i hit the step key for slowmo, that it its super skippy, but it use to be smooth
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
jlv wrote:I think I might have misread your first post. Is your problem only when you've paused the game and hold down the single step key or is it just a general slow framerate you're trying to fix?
it is when i pause it and i hit the step key for slowmo, that it its super skippy, but it use to be smooth
It's almost like it's ghosting, right? Feels like it shows 1 frame + 50% for the bike itself. Or potentially that it goes 2 forward and 1 backwards, because the bike always jitters back and forth a little bit. Zoa, is that the same as yours? For me it's been that way for a good while now.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Wahlamt wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:
It's almost like it's ghosting, right? Feels like it shows 1 frame + 50% for the bike itself. Or potentially that it goes 2 forward and 1 backwards, because the bike always jitters back and forth a little bit. Zoa, is that the same as yours? For me it's been that way for a good while now.
Yeah that's basically it. Like if you watch my most recent Motochasin virtual lap, you can tell when I used in game slowmo and when I didn't. When I did it super jittery and not smooth. But my ones from outdoors the ingame slow mo was all I used bc it was smooth. I dont know what happened to it. I've tried clearing my personal folder. Uninstalling programs that I don't use but it still does it
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I've always had this, you can notice it when the rider is going past the camera, might be more apparent when the camera is following the rider.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It could be a little funky when the camera is following the rider because the camera doesn't use the same timing as the demo. To the camera it'll look like the bike stops and then steps once every 1/10 second or whatever your key repeat speed is.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com